Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Does The Cliff still offer valet parking for non-guests for $5-10/day? If so, that is a no brainer.
    It was over $20 lately.

And yes, I paid $329 for a parking pass a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I did hear something interesting about what Snowbird will be doing this season: skiers are going to be stoked with their new paid parking reservation system. Sounds like Snowbird will be implementing a similar system as JHMR and have already purchased their parking software. From what I hear, all skiers will need to pay to park this season at the bird.

BobMc you got a seasons parking pass again this year right?
    Kind of a shitty call to implement it in a time when carpooling and buses aren't exactly encouraged if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Kind of a shitty call to implement it in a time when carpooling and buses aren't exactly encouraged if you ask me.
    I started to send the same message about carpooling and bus capacity. Can't let a crisis go to waste, wait a minute, we aren't going to require reservations to ski but I have a thought, we can charge for parking to get some additional revenue. AND, if we control parking season pass holders can't complain that we are limiting their "unlimited access".

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    It was over $20 lately.

That sucks! The other day, I drove up to DV Silver Lake to hike up to Bald Mountain. Usually, I am able to park without cost. However, that lot now charges $30 flat rate/day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Just spitballing on this but if this true Snowbird is using the parking situation to limit crowds while simultaneously using the parking situation to recoup profit lost in said mitigation. Makes sense business wise, my biggest wonder is whether they stop walk up tickets.

I can’t imagine there will be a lot of people keen to get on a bus. I’m sure if they go to reservable pay parking that means parking on 201 will be a no go as that doesn’t achieve the goal of limiting mountain capacity while keeping profit.

Remains to be seen what they do with us that bought parking passes, but I’m beginning to become optimistic on my purchase. As I’d mentioned earlier in thread, I may have hit the jackpot. Of course they could always refund me and whomever that bought before they stopped selling them, but I’m really kinda doubting they want to give that money back...

I wouldn't feel comfortable getting on a bus but I have no doubt that people here will ride it this winter. If its any indication, I see vans packed full of people shuttling mountain bikes on the crest trail every day

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I wouldn't feel comfortable getting on a bus but I have no doubt that people here will ride it this winter. If its any indication, I see vans packed full of people shuttling mountain bikes on the crest trail every day
    Does UTA have a capacity limit on buses?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    It was over $20 lately.

Just looked. $16 at The Cliff. So, I guess $20 after tip.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Does UTA have a capacity limit on buses?
    20 people per bus.

Not completely opposed to charging for parking

Honestly, I'm not completely opposed to Snowbird and/or Alta charging for parking if they do it like Solitude does and allows you to buy a season parking pass for $150 or so. That would probably lessen the parking demand and allow me a better chance at getting a spot.

It's a cunt move to charge for parking, should be built into the pass like it has been for the past 70 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    It's a cunt move to charge for parking, should be built into the pass like it has been for the past 70 years.
    If there's nor a viable alternative, which there definitely isn't for this winter, I agree.

But, at the rate things are going in this state, will the lifts even spin this winter?

But, at the rate things are going in this state, will the lifts even spin this winter?
    sure, they'll just run them and pretend things are fine just like in schools lol

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    meh, paid parking is the only thing that will force people to carpool and its really the only option the resorts have to alleviate the traffic problem since all Utah politicians want to do about that problem is take online surveys.

I get that this year is a little different, but at this point in the cottonwoods its dumb that they aren't all charging for parking. They've been charging for parking at other ski resorts for close to 20 years at some of them. From a business perspective seems dumb not to especially given the traffic issues and the complaints that come with that traffic.

Does anyone know the current policy regarding parking and living out of a van for a couple/few days at Alta, Snowbird Brighton or Solitude parking lots?

No overnight parking at any of the Alta lots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And the marshals do a pretty thorough check of employee row along the flagstaff side too. Pnr at the base is also no overnight, Walmart is the only close option

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    And the marshals do a pretty thorough check of employee row along the flagstaff side too. Pnr at the base is also no overnight, Walmart is the only close option

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sandy Walmart has no overnight signs I believe, occasionally see rigs there though.

So where can I get one of these said parking passes?

SLC showing of TGR's "Make Believe" will be at The Redwood Drive In Sept 24 6-1030P
    $30 for a car and the first two people.
    $10 bucks a ticket for additional bros.

Anyone wanna carpool?

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/m...y-make-believe
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Parking reservations are officially a thing at Snowbird this season.

https://www.snowbird.com/winter-experience-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    So where can I get one of these said parking passes?
    You can't, they stopped selling them.

Just read that SB is limiting the tram to 25% capacity. Only 25 people per Tram... yikes! That’s going to be a disaster. Can’t imagine how long tram line wait gonna be.

Couple that with reserved parking only makes for a nightmare season.

As if getting up the canyon each morning wasn’t infuriating enough.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    SLC showing of TGR's "Make Believe" will be at The Redwood Drive In Sept 24 6-1030P
    $30 for a car and the first two people.
    $10 bucks a ticket for additional bros.

Anyone wanna carpool?

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/m...y-make-believe
    I may be in town...I'll hit you up if I am!

I may be in town...I'll hit you up if I am!
    i'd be super stoked on some parking lot beers.

not sure how i feel about carpooling tbh, with me and the missus likely going, but i do love me some illicit alcohol consumption