Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1506
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Yeah, i guess some people ducked some ropes, from what I remember from that week, it was really close to being closed down within a day or two of opening.
    fun zone, but gotta know where ya going for sure...

    been a bit since thats been open...enjoy.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    fun zone, but gotta know where ya going for sure...

    been a bit since thats been open...enjoy.
    I heard TFW is going to be giving free guided tours for all Ikon pass holders. Not gonna lie I'll be a little bummed if it opens when I'm in Maui next week.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    oh its no big secret, but didnt want the masses fucking it up like they almost did back in 11 when it first opened.
    Well they removed the gate that access said area this week. After putting it in two weeks ago. Word is someone poached it and theyíre rethinking opening it.

    Only reason it closed after being open in 10/11 is that the first day it opened in 11/12 there was a slide in that zone that broke the leg of a snowboarder. After that Mongo said it was done. Now heís gone. But the poacher might have fucked it for everyone. Never really understood why it was such a controversial area for the bird to get open. Theyíve got plenty of terrain that cliffs out on other areas of the mountain. Hell, mineral has a huge 80 ft cliff in the middle of an intermediate run. Really hope it goes. Then zone is fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Well they removed the gate that access said area this week. After putting it in two weeks ago. Word is someone poached it and theyíre rethinking opening it.

    Only reason it closed after being open in 10/11 is that the first day it opened in 11/12 there was a slide in that zone that broke the leg of a snowboarder. After that Mongo said it was done. Now heís gone. But the poacher might have fucked it for everyone. Never really understood why it was such a controversial area for the bird to get open. Theyíve got plenty of terrain that cliffs out on other areas of the mountain. Hell, mineral has a huge 80 ft cliff in the middle of an intermediate run. Really hope it goes. Then zone is fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bit easier to get tripped up and take a wrong turn in that zone, compared to mineral. Not to mention in mineral you can see it and walk/traverse around/out if needed, not as easy in zone being described.

    Hope a poacher doesn't ruin it.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Bit easier to get tripped up and take a wrong turn in that zone, compared to mineral. Not to mention in mineral you can see it and walk/traverse around/out if needed, not as easy in zone being described.

    Hope a poacher doesn't ruin it.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Plenty of spots off the cirque traverse (gad chutes, wilbere bowl) to get into trouble in. Anywhere on baldy. Snowbird has plenty on gnar. Which is why itís awesome. Itís not like that zone is too gnarly in comparison. Plus the skier compaction protects the bypass road


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Plenty of spots off the cirque traverse (gad chutes, wilbere bowl) to get into trouble in. Anywhere on baldy. Snowbird has plenty on gnar. Which is why itís awesome. Itís not like that zone is too gnarly in comparison. Plus the skier compaction protects the bypass road


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Agreed. Um, how about get serious chutes? People get in over there heads in there all the time. Myself included.

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ADKs & Good parts of JerZ
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Went up with ADK and it was a sleeper day for sure. Good pow, good times and New Yorkers can ski pow

    I appreciate that he got pics of me in lake view when the sun broke through

    Attachment 312597

    Attachment 312598

    Attachment 312599

    Attachment 312600

    Attachment 312601

    Attachment 312601

    Attachment 312601

    Attachment 312602


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Great day at Powder w/ whyturn...thanks again dude for showing me around your home hill...was quite the sleeper, good company and turns!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2664.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	312767


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    433
    Anyone on here or know someone who got stuck and left a shovel below spruces today let me know I have it

    New to me area today, great conditions and fun lines

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Plenty of spots off the cirque traverse (gad chutes, wilbere bowl) to get into trouble in. Anywhere on baldy. Snowbird has plenty on gnar. Which is why itís awesome. Itís not like that zone is too gnarly in comparison. Plus the skier compaction protects the bypass road


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Hardly saying there ain't spots at bird that people get in trouble. I just see the zone we are referring to as getting tourists into big trouble. Some big stuff in there and really only 1 "safe" way down. Sure you'd be stupid to miss it but cmon. Tourists.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,526
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	312921

    Only an inch of new overnight but it skied pretty good. One of my favorite hidden spots at the Bird.

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,743
    ^ that looks dope

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    450
    Decided to venture west today with my dogs for a change of scenery.

    Top was wind f@#!ed, bottom was bushwacky, but the middle was lab deep powder. And not a soul to be seen.Name:  20200129_135922.jpeg
Views: 658
Size:  76.9 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200129_140853.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	312932

    Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Drinkin on Lincoln
    Posts
    29
    Nice to have the low to mid elevation coverage in and out of the pen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC7666medium10_8.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	312934

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,418
    Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Nice to have the low to mid elevation coverage in and out of the pen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC7666medium10_8.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	314.2 KB 
ID:	312934
    #notvail

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,743
    this page rules, good shit everyone

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I like your attitude, next time you come here let me know, Iíll ski with you and get you down Regulator.
    Sounds like a plan! I told the wife when i got back to polish up the resume cause we are moving westward..

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,069
    didn't suck
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3207 (2).jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1,004.1 KB 
ID:	313003
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3099 (2).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	313004
    rarely does to shred betties w/ the bros
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3073.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	613.7 KB 
ID:	313005
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3133.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	632.6 KB 
ID:	313006
    im goin back today for James pk
    got 2 comper shop passes
    seein as my crew was out all night for phishy bassist jam band night
    I doubt they'll make it
    ill check the thread when I let the boycott the cottonwoods fur kid out
    if anyone makes it up
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Hardly saying there ain't spots at bird that people get in trouble. I just see the zone we are referring to as getting tourists into big trouble. Some big stuff in there and really only 1 "safe" way down. Sure you'd be stupid to miss it but cmon. Tourists.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    spoken like a local
    cept...…
    its nice when just the fantesy hike gnar diminishes any thought of tourons in the shots
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,418
    SKB channeling his inner Gordon.

    I likes it. Slap on brother.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,598
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    spoken like a local
    cept...Ö
    its nice when just the fantesy hike gnar diminishes any thought of tourons in the shots
    That hikes a rough one for sure and filters out the beaters.

    The Alta shot? Like 2 min hike. Also easily seen from a lift so they just gotta check it out.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,743
    S facing still nice and soft this am up at Alta north.

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    185
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 9.12.20 AM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	855.5 KB 
ID:	313037

    heaven's gate, twin lakes, and patsy trees all skied really well this morning.

    Name:  Wasatch Sunset.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  85.6 KB

    beautiful views from beartrap last night, but s facing aspects in mid-elevation big were total junk - bad breakable suncrust. west aspects still skied very well, but the snow has settled a bit.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 9.12.20 AM.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	855.5 KB 
ID:	313037

    heaven's gate, twin lakes, and patsy trees all skied really well this morning.

    Name:  Wasatch Sunset.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  85.6 KB

    beautiful views from beartrap last night, but s facing aspects in mid-elevation big were total junk - bad breakable suncrust. west aspects still skied very well, but the snow has settled a bit.
    Probably saw you in Beartrap last night, and yea south facing was the suck, but we managed to get some goods on the west aspects as well. It was nice to get on some Wasatch snow (here for work and manged to sneak out for a quick tour) now back to Colorado.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    100
    Thanks to all for the consistent stoke this thread supplies. You have no idea how it serves those of us who live far from snow.

    Iíll be in SLC next week skiing or one planking Wed-Sat with some friends. Coming from east coast so only ski I own is a Brahma, less than ideal for hopefully what Iíll be encountering out there. Recommendations for powder ski demos, especially any of the smaller brands popular on this forum? (Honestly anything above 100mm waste is fat compared to what I normally ride). Doubt anyone would want to temporarily swap with what I have but itís a 2016 180 Brahma mounted for 306bsl on the line w/ griffons, so decent range of bsls could fit. Also would be happy to financially compensate anyone willing to loan out one of said harder to find brands. Any and all help appreciated.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    522
    $50 a day will get you multiple demos if you want to try different setups. Really a no brainer to me for folks who occasionally get the goods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •