Page 76 of 132 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I really don't get peoples desire to tour at closed ski resorts. It's great if that's where everyone ends up though.
    The point for you is that through WBR we are allowed to rescue even you in the backcountry.
    If you need it...
    Know that there won't be air ambulance services for in or out of bounds rescues; have that in one's risk taking calculation.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    The point for you is that through WBR we are allowed to rescue even you in the backcountry.
    If you need it...
    Much appreciated, thank you.

Thanks for the update, TFW. Sad to hear ropes have been pulled. Thanks for keeping us safe even in this abbreviated season.

Word is that Alta and Solitude have convinced external powers to allow uphill traffic beginning tomorrow.
    Teardown was done on Tuesday, but the convincing part took a couple more days.
    Closure will be used when control work is needed to protect infrastructure.
    The two areas have volunteered the WBR services of their ski patrols to rescue others in need both in and out of ski area boundaries.
    Seems like Alta and Solitude recognize what they can do to promote outdoor therapy during these strange times.
    Thank them and help with social distancing in parking lots...
    this appears necessary for the external powers to be satisfied.
    that's rad, thanks for sharing this.

Surprisingly deep. Elevation matters though. 2” of pretty damp snow at the WP lot. 10” of light snow on top of Rainbow. Not bonding very well at all to E faces but just sluffing, no slabs.
    It must have settled a bit overnight, I found 6-8" of creamy pow up high in WP today. It skied well with very rare moments of bottom feeding on crust. Clouds were in and out and vis was changing quickly, someone's going to have a good laugh when they see the imprint of my ass after I aired an invisible wind lip at full speed. It was super humid with no wind and some really cool growth was observed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200319_120417.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	321150

Really quiet up high, a couple of people skied by my skinner but I never saw them. I think there were 4 tracks on W Scotties, everyone must have been socially distancing on main Scotties which looked like any other run at Alta. Gaggles of people were skinning straight up the gut, WTF is up with that center-punch skinner? It's certainly not any faster than going around, it's steep as shit if you want to take it to the top, and it's always occupied by people who somehow find it super sketchy if you ski 100' to their side while they're happily ignoring the fact that they are sitting ducks directly below the entire headwall...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    props all involved with that
    the phall fine offer on bikes of if you need ski fixins stuffs the wps maggot mancave is still there for community needs
    theres already beer in the fridge and ive already been maggotly rewarded
    I do like stickers though
    I thinks were going wyo river social distancing
    text or call if you wanna go
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Not sure why I went to Grizzly this afternoon but I did. Tons of people out. I was beacon checking a few parties that looked like they were on their first tour and got a pretty bad hit rate.

I was texting with a few of you, but I could see massive crowds filling up Alta parking lots on Saturday getting everything shut down. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Snowing pretty hard when I came down the canyon around 4.

Kinda similar tonight except the sun popped at the end for a killer sunset, high was deeper, low was heavier.

Name:	IMG_1674.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	321194

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	321195

^^^ Nice score!!

Anyone up for dusk patrol tomorrow? I can be at the mouth of either canyon at 230ish
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Anyone up for dusk patrol tomorrow? I can be at the mouth of either canyon at 230ish
    BYOB. Bring your own bowl...

Name:	IMG_1674.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	321194
    ^^ killer sunset is right. brighton closed uphill traffic.

Alta Ski Area will allow uphill access within the ski area starting March 20th. Backcountry Conditions Exist. No access to Snowbird.

Restrooms in the Skiers Services building at the Wildcat Base and Albion Ticket Office at the Albion Base will be open for public use. These restrooms will be cleaned regularly between the hours of 8am-5pm.

Please note that the Town of Alta has issued an Emergency Proclamation that prohibits gatherings of 10 or more people. We encourage all visitors to the ski area to abide by the Emergency Proclamation and not gather in groups of 10 or more people in the parking lots and ski area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Alta Ski Area will allow uphill access within the ski area starting March 20th. Backcountry Conditions Exist. No access to Snowbird.

Restrooms in the Skiers Services building at the Wildcat Base and Albion Ticket Office at the Albion Base will be open for public use. These restrooms will be cleaned regularly between the hours of 8am-5pm.

Please note that the Town of Alta has issued an Emergency Proclamation that prohibits gatherings of 10 or more people. We encourage all visitors to the ski area to abide by the Emergency Proclamation and not gather in groups of 10 or more people in the parking lots and ski area.
    Thank you Alta!

Hopefully everyone is responsible so we can enjoy this privilege for as long as possible.

I really don't get peoples desire to tour at closed ski resorts. It's great if that's where everyone ends up though.
    Skier and groomers compacted snow also consolidates and skis better in spring conditions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

meadow chutes skied better than expected and flanagans skied even better!

Name:	meadow-chutes.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	321280

Name:	flanagans.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	321281

Name:	exit.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	321282

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I went from skiing every day to bleaching door knobs every day, so that’s fun.

Name:	IMG_1883.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	321284

^ you guys deserve some sled assists up Collins for that!

next time I’m up in lcc I’ll leave some beers up there for you guys too

Anyone know if Solitude is good for uphill traffic? Or at a minimum OK for parking in their lot?

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Anyone know if Solitude is good for uphill traffic? Or at a minimum OK for parking in their lot?
    Solitude has historically been non-uphill friendly.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Word is that Alta and Solitude have convinced external powers to allow uphill traffic beginning tomorrow.
    Teardown was done on Tuesday, but the convincing part took a couple more days.
    Closure will be used when control work is needed to protect infrastructure.
    The two areas have volunteered the WBR services of their ski patrols to rescue others in need both in and out of ski area boundaries.
    Seems like Alta and Solitude recognize what they can do to promote outdoor therapy during these strange times.
    Thank them and help with social distancing in parking lots...
    this appears necessary for the external powers to be satisfied.
    stay safe and slightly more observant some times pwl and info gets buried a page or or inches down
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    stay safe and slightly more observant some times pwl and info gets buried a page or or inches down
    Saw this from yesterday & the Alta announcement - but could not find anything from Solitude. Knowing their historic policy, want to avoid driving up the wrong canyon tomorrow AM

Fack Im out for dusk patrol.
    Good luck team!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Upper elevation north facing terrain was awesome this morning. Hero pow for sure.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums