Page 39 of 132 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    This thread is simultaneously preserving and destroying my sanity. Like a moth to a flame. Super stoked for everyone, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Attachment 311393

party on in a sharing of the living the dream manner Garth
    Fun day, saw the cat drive by as we were skinning across from Days ridge, thing looks sweet, thanks for grooming

Meanwhile at mascara mountain aka deer valley I cruise groomers with the wife and sons. Although they just nutted up and came with me directly under the lady Morgan lift. Snow was getting thick from sun and warmth, but damn what a season and happy to be outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S facing is not going to survive, super wet and heavy on S facing beginning at 11 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    S facing is not going to survive, super wet and heavy on S facing beginning at 11 ish.

Indeed. Watched hellgate flush naturally while booting up this afternoon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1170.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	364.9 KB 
ID:	311511

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    going to work now
    no funday tommarrow
    stay till tues
    and my training for magbake 20
    shall continue
    TC and VTT scored as good as the satch gits
    there was a look of hesitation this morn at the airport
    but he says if he moved here the kids wouldn't eat
    stoked to be an enabler
    I have to roll east tomorrow, sorry buddy. I'll miss the morning session.
    Today was fun railing around Snow Basin with the meats clan; packed pow/chunder arcing blue sky lines not so bad, toxic parking.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Checked out a couple of new-to-me drainages with jtrue. W facing pow in the sun was still skiing very well this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Indeed. Watched hellgate flush naturally while booting up this afternoon.
    I watched it run naturally on the 13th when we had the realllly strong W winds. The winds were blowing so hard that the snow never made it to the ground, it reloaded right back to the top. One of the cooler things I've seen.

gonna be at DV tomorrow, making my first free heel turns in a number of years. white g3’s, electric yellow pants, black jacket. ask for change.

tuesday back to the usual...

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Checked out a couple of new-to-me drainages with jtrue. W facing pow in the sun was still skiing very well this afternoon.
    Fun day buddy!

Careful up little.

Just found this thread and thought I would try and contribute a little bit. Toured up Circle All to Raymond and Gobbler's, exited down Alexander Basin yesterday (1/19/2020). Found surface hoar on all aspects above 9k, and solar aspects were damp by noon. Even on east facing terrain there was clear sun affect, I think pretty much anything other than high north is toast now.

Name:	IMG_20200119_135657_MP-PANO.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	311565

Skied the NE face off the spire up white pine this morning. Skied well but as soon as you ventured more east you could feel the zipper, only true N was still settled powder. Sporty and warm on the way out, about 40 degrees at the lot at 1130

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

My sons decided to make it a nastar day at DV. Not exactly stokage , but it was fun regardless and they won some bronze medals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

hadn’t been to DV before, lol what a trip that place is. at least we beat the crowds... pretty fun ripping around up there.

Name:	20200121-01.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	311753

nice morning showing a buddy a favorite line

Name:	20200121-02.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	980.2 KB 
ID:	311754

saw a couple headlamps going up the mower, one up argenta, 2 besides us in our zone, but pretty quiet overall. guess everyone heard there's no good snow left

Name:	20200121-03.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	969.4 KB 
ID:	311755

but what does all the world not believe

Name:	20200121-04.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	311756

To the van yo in the overflow. Better off in Murray. 10 min down the road. 2.22 gas. They are going to run sweep soon. Just saying.

Name:	20200122-01.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	311884

Name:	20200122-02.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	797.9 KB 
ID:	311885

Name:	20200122-04.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	903.5 KB 
ID:	311886

a few inches down and still going this morning

Had to go to my parents house for a couple weeks and mostly missed these storms. Been enjoying following what's going on tho by everyone!

Went on a mini vacation to Wendover Monday night and Pilot Peak yesterday. Stuffed ourselves at Romanzas Monday night, then woke up early and drove out. Road had no snow on it til the last mile or so and we got to the end of the road without any trouble.

Things looked worryingly thin at the start, but we skinned over sagebrush for a while, then foolishly decided to stay on a ridge vs going up the main drainage. After a couple hours of wallowing thru facets in dense juniper and mahogany and not gaining much vert, we got into the slidepath midway up where conditions were much easier.

We did a bunch of pole probes, dug some quick pits and felt good about stability, and made good time the rest of the way to the top. Considering a storm was inbound the wind wasn't bad and views were sweet.

Skied faceted pow thru the top 1000 ft of trees, then chalky windboard down the drainage to within a thousand feet of the truck. Overall about as good of conditions as we could've hoped for

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Had to go to my parents house for a couple weeks and mostly missed these storms. Been enjoying following what's going on tho by everyone!

Went on a mini vacation to Wendover Monday night and Pilot Peak yesterday. Stuffed ourselves at Romanzas Monday night, then woke up early and drove out. Road had no snow on it til the last mile or so and we got to the end of the road without any trouble.

Things looked worryingly thin at the start, but we skinned over sagebrush for a while, then foolishly decided to stay on a ridge vs going up the main drainage. After a couple hours of wallowing thru facets in dense juniper and mahogany and not gaining much vert, we got into the slidepath midway up where conditions were much easier.

We did a bunch of pole probes, dug some quick pits and felt good about stability, and made good time the rest of the way to the top. Considering a storm was inbound the wind wasn't bad and views were sweet.

Skied faceted pow thru the top 1000 ft of trees, then chalky windboard down the drainage to within a thousand feet of the truck. Overall about as good of conditions as we could've hoped for
    Looks like a great adventure, and Wendover, has delightful options!

Nice Pilot mission! Love to see some West Desert action, riding out there is so special...

I wonder if that W face ever fills in. I was up there a few years ago in super-fat conditions (we started 3 miles further back than you did as the road was completely buried and there was 18+" on the ground the second we left I-80) and the W looks like thousands of feets of sharks disguised as wind-made snow mushrooms. Basically what's in your picture with the pointy stuff slightly more rounded and rimed. It would be a spectacular run but I suspect it takes a very rare combination of windless storms to get it into shape.

FKNA. Another day. Brighton is ripping now. As always.

Top of big is like.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=AF...&feature=share

Brighton rips.

You got an ass so what.

Mad respect as always. Let's keep on quietly killing it.