Page 20 of 132 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Out of work early this afternoon. Up Alta up Supreme out the gate with a lap in dry fork, a couple of laps in Catherine's then out point supreme. Saw some point release off rocks in the sun. Didnt see many lines in those big north faces back there. Skiing this afternoon was kinda like bangen a real big girl where you find powder, crust or creme cheese depending on which fold you are playing around in. God the valley air went to shit quick
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Up Alta up Supreme out the gate with a lap in dry fork
    Did ya ski the saddle just above the East Castle gate around 2:30?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Did ya ski the saddle just above the East Castle gate around 2:30?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	306883

Steep ripping chalk at Snowbird today. And, the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City filming.

Patrol being forced to hold a bunch of local hot lappers back on the tram plaza bridge so as to not get in the way of some floozys perfect headshot-the bird in a nutshell

Not me I went L from the top that looks like a sweet shot. Is east castle open? Does alta care if you tour into it from supreme? Sorry if dumb questions havent poked around through there yet and I'm an Alta newb
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Steep ripping chalk at Snowbird today. And, the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City filming.

Patrol being forced to hold a bunch of local hot lappers back on the tram plaza bridge so as to not get in the way of some floozys perfect headshot-the bird in a nutshell
    Sounds like I picked a good time to leave town for a few days.

Haha, not really much of an inconvenience, just one of those moments that summed up all the love and all the hate I have for snowbird

Not me I went L from the top that looks like a sweet shot. Is east castle open? Does alta care if you tour into it from supreme? Sorry if dumb questions havent poked around through there yet and I'm an Alta newb
    No east castle yet and certainly no access to closed in bounds terrain, even if you come in from outtabounds. Touring into in bounds terrain, as long as it’s open, should be fine. These days it’s pretty common to see people skinning the east castle side step.

Keep an eye out for Main Chute today.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Pleasure plundering the Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1219191044a~2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	306927paradise pow mows pows with ya
    Fuck work bunny and photofuckedupbuckets

Name:	SavedImage_1219191042h~2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	306928
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Name:  20191220_111710~2.jpeg
Views: 1016
Size:  94.0 KB

Good call!

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    if you want to be that guy that has to go to ussws and give a presentation on how the east castle is part of alta and no you cant just tour into avvy terrain with an inbounds run out instead of a criminal trespass charge
    your 2 seasons late bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if you want to be that guy that has to go to ussws and give a presentation on how the east castle is part of alta and no you cant just tour into avvy terrain with an inbounds run out instead of a criminal trespass charge
    your 2 seasons late bro
    Do they cover travel expenses and bartab? I've done dumber things for less reward. Collected change from some lofty folks in the snowbird east mafia maybe I can barter or bullshit my way into preropedrop snow compaction activities out there?

You know, for the safety of the paying public.

I'm looking forward to my new schedule that boots me out right after lunch and into the crack o nooner / dusk patrol 5 days a week
    Bunny Don't Surf

No east castle yet and certainly no access to closed in bounds terrain, even if you come in from outtabounds. Touring into in bounds terrain, as long as it’s open, should be fine. These days it’s pretty common to see people skinning the east castle side step.

Not even if if I ride my snowmocycle up from AF to get it from the back? Damnit I had some big plans. Maybe someone could let us know when It might pop like they did main chute
    Bunny Don't Surf

I'm looking forward to my new schedule that boots me out right after lunch and into the crack o nooner / dusk patrol 5 days a week
    We should probably make some turns at the bird together finally. I'm generally free the first part of the work week!

Not even if if I ride my snowmocycle up from AF to get it from the back?
    A few years ago on a full moon somebody came in from point supreme and made most excellent work in high marking most of East Castle. I'm sure patrol was pissed but it was pretty funny looking at those tracks for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    ^^ funny shit. really nice settled pow today

Name:	alpenglow.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	605.4 KB 
ID:	306971

Name:	east-bowl.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	306972

Name:	east-pass.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	306973

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We should probably make some turns at the bird together finally. I'm generally free the first part of the work week!
    This sounds fantastical. Word from the bird was mineral today. Any confirmations?
    Bunny Don't Surf

This sounds fantastical. Word from the bird was mineral today. Any confirmations?
    According to Alta’s instagram, the connect to the bird was open so imma say that’s a yes.

Hallway - Tube, Cardiac Ridge Run, Cardiff chutelettes. A bit of a wind skin on the upper third of Cardiff and some melt freeze on southeast thru southwest. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Good call!
    Got a tip from one of our friends in the red jacket. I can't always pull that card.

Sun oughta affect the snow today less than any other day of the year.
    Happy solstice, all.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

nice lurk to see things kicking off

Name:	Birdy2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	307104

"Winning"!
    ​I am not in your hurry

I'm not optimistic that it will happen, but this is THE solution in my mind and I've been saying it for a while.
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...ndola-someday/

Baldy shoulder still held freshies this morning, portions of the traverse from the Bird were not well covered.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm not optimistic that it will happen, but this is THE solution in my mind and I've been saying it for a while.
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...ndola-someday/
    I agree this is the solution and if Utah gets the olympics that’s where the funding will come from. Snowbird wants to host slalom events if Utah gets the games.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I agree this is the solution and if Utah gets the olympics that’s where the funding will come from. Snowbird wants to host slalom events if Utah gets the games. [/url]
    Disagree. As stated, this doesn't solve the problem of no parking near the canyon mouths. If they are going to build these mega satellite lots they may as well spare the several hundred million/eyesore and just bus up the canyon directly from these lots. The bus system doesn't work now because of parking. Buses would also make it possible to have BC access drop off points as well. And buses can adapt to the fact that this issue doesn't exist a huge chunk of the year. Scale back buses during weekdays and in summer. Seems way more cost effective.
    So hot right now

Name:	8F08F1FA-E741-4425-9CB6-F7A1A994DCFC.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	307203

I’m going to be the fat kid tomorrow with 56 bags of candy on me. My annual Employee Appreciation Day at Snowbird, alcohol for various departments as well. Take care of those that take care of you.