Page 66 of 132 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3295
    This mag sausage bake thing sounds incredibly ikonic. I imagine all the cool kids of tgr will be there I mean all the cool bro’s will be there? I’m a definite maybe.

There's an article on the tgr homepage about the LCC closure last Sunday. Can anyone spot what's wrong with this article?

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    yeah I don't know what the overall solution is....but starting with mandatory carpooling on weekends is a simple concept with virtually no cost to anyone that would get the same amount of people up the canyon with fewer cars. There's apps. that can be created to get around the stupid hitchhiking law if thats what it takes.
    Been driving up both Canyons since I got my licence in 1987, many years of passes and then employment up both CCs. There is always been the snake up and down on weekends and pow days. It has just gotten worse, earlier/later.
    Now when I go back to visit I am shocked at the parking situation mostly. Cars everywhere on roads, etc. They closed the canyon Sunday due to #s of cars and it was busy but not insane at the Bird. Mandatory Carpool would only allow more people into the canyon with less amount of cars. Parking would fill, just with 3 ppl per car. It is a far from Perfect system, but currently the numbers do control themselves from the transportation.

& SFB is a blessing to the Wasatch. Has been since b4 this place existed. Dont like his posts, scroll past them. If you are lucky you may ski with him one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Been driving up both Canyons since I got my licence in 1987, many years of passes and then employment up both CCs. There is always been the snake up and down on weekends and pow days. It has just gotten worse, earlier/later.
    Now when I go back to visit I am shocked at the parking situation mostly. Cars everywhere on roads, etc. They closed the canyon Sunday due to #s of cars and it was busy but not insane at the Bird. Mandatory Carpool would only allow more people into the canyon with less amount of cars. Parking would fill, just with 3 ppl per car. It is a far from Perfect system, but currently the numbers do control themselves from the transportation.

& SFB is a blessing to the Wasatch. Has been since b4 this place existed. Dont like his posts, scroll past them. If you are lucky you may ski with him one day.
    we've shared turns and ganj.....its more of an internet spat ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    HA!! I'm so glad I managed to keep it together and not roll all the way to you guys! I'd probably have omitted that from my spray above then you'd have called me out on it for everlasting TGR shame!
    Sorry about the endless stream of curses, I was really annoyed at my faulty memory and the spot it got us to. At least we managed not to send rocks or ice down your way and provided entertainment. Nice turns down the Sidewinder by your party and the other group of 3, it was buttery smooth in there.

Did you by any chance boot up to the Tanners col behind my buddy and I? A party of 3 was not far behind us and disappeared, I imagine back down the way they came as Tanners was pretty cooked by the time we made it to the col. I missed a cool picture of these guys booting up when I got above them on the ridge, leaned in with the camera, and a 50 lb rock moved under me and started rolling down. I figured they'd be pissed if I beaned them with large rocks so I gave up on the pictures...

Agreed about the insane crowds up there, we counted 7 people on the summit of E Twins when we got to Drom. Five had already skied the E face by the time we dropped in with 6 on the way and at least 2 more parties of 3 approaching. What a sweet day up there...
    My buddy was visiting from LA, and it was nice to get to show him around up there. Great day to be up high!

No we didn't go up Tanners, I also saw that party booting up and am curious where they were headed. We hung out at the saddle for a while and never saw them ski down the north side. Maybe they saw your excellent tracks up Dromedary and decided to follow.

That's some 5-star shit, Boissal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno912 View Post
    There's an article on the tgr homepage about the LCC closure last Sunday. Can anyone spot what's wrong with this article?
    I assume you’re referring to the accompanying photo of BCC instead of LCC?

——

It’s been a while since we’ve had a good check the spare reference around here.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Speak English already you fucking Moron.. talk that shit in person>i'll shove my huge fist down your throat you Fucking internet pussy.
    Yo, Dude. You unable to handle your own self-image by coming on here and acting like a fucking idiot and getting called out?

You might consider taking a serious break from this end of the interwebz if you're gonna be a moran who gets violently threatening when called out. Cause the rest of us have agreed to and do our best to not take things so seriously that our insecurities take over where common sense should rule. Please stop being so insecure and work on a better self-image. It has been proven time and again that 'The beatings will continue until morale improves' is actually just a funny saying.

The door swings both ways. (No, that's not just some gay thing.)

When does “drink sunset box wine with BobMc in the bird private lot” season start?
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    ...Mandatory Carpool would only allow more people into the canyon with less amount of cars. Parking would fill, just with 3 ppl per car....
    debatable... regardless, it would be super easy to test for a weekend or two to gauge results. why not try a simple easy solution that doesn't cost money or require building infrastructure....In addition to mandatory carpool another idea to limit traffic and congestion would be 4wd vehicles only on weekends.

There is a potential problem with mandatory carpool though, you would see a lot more cars being left at the mouths of the canyons and the park n rides being filled up much faster. There would eventually need to be additional parking built. But IMO thats still better then having all those extra cars being driven up the canyon.

....maybe shutting the canyons down is the simplest solution and something well have to get used to as traffic/crowds get worse every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    When does “drink sunset box wine with BobMc in the bird private lot” season start?
    It's already started...

Cool

debatable... regardless, it would be super easy to test for a weekend or two to gauge results. why not try a simple easy solution that doesn't cost money or require building infrastructure....In addition to mandatory carpool another idea to limit traffic and congestion would be 4wd vehicles only on weekends.

There is a potential problem with mandatory carpool though, you would see a lot more cars being left at the mouths of the canyons and the park n rides being filled up much faster. There would eventually need to be additional parking built. But IMO thats still better then having all those extra cars being driven up the canyon.

....maybe shutting the canyons down is the simplest solution and something well have to get used to as traffic/crowds get worse every year.
    and to completely contradict myself...I guess if everyone drove up solo it would be a way to control crowds....sorry parking full canyon closed!

Brighton has had mandatory carpooling on weekends/holidays/powder days since late December. 3+ required per vehicle if you want to park past the store lot. I'm not sure how it's worked out since I'm sitting out this season on the IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Brighton has had mandatory carpooling on weekends/holidays/powder days since late December. 3+ required per vehicle if you want to park past the store lot. I'm not sure how it's worked out since I'm sitting out this season on the IR.
    My wife and I drove up (just the 2 of us) and parked in the main lot, so they're either only enforcing 2+ or not enforcing anything, or selectively enforcing it for people less cool and attractive than us, or something...

...I guess if everyone drove up solo it would be a way to control crowds....sorry parking full canyon closed!
    That’s been soooo popular at Crystal this season!

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    My wife and I drove up (just the 2 of us) and parked in the main lot, so they're either only enforcing 2+ or not enforcing anything, or selectively enforcing it for people less cool and attractive than us, or something...
    What day/time?

^ back on Jan 4 it seems, probably got there at like 9:30am?

Gotcha. It was pretty new then so maybe they hadn't gotten strict with it yet, who knows. I'm surprised there were posts left at 9:30 on a Saturday.

yeah it was one of those days when the canyon traffic was uber fucked, so I'm guessing the traffic was limiting how fast the lot could fill up

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Gotcha. It was pretty new then so maybe they hadn't gotten strict with it yet, who knows. I'm surprised there were posts left at 9:30 on a Saturday.
    I drove solo on Sunday (23rd) and parked in the main lot with everyone else. Arrived about 9:30. Employees directing traffic didn't give me a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I drove solo on Sunday (23rd) and parked in the main lot with everyone else. Arrived about 9:30. Employees directing traffic didn't give me a second look.
    Cool. I'm hoping to get out with my kid soon. Sounds like my usual "fuck the line and back into a Milly lot snowbank spot" should be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Haha yeah I don’t think they’re really enforcing that aspect of things. My neighbors park at Brighton main lot every pow day w two of them in the cae.

After a brief stint of winter, back to harvesting corn

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200226_115435.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	317610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200226_122958.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	317611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200226_115312.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	317612

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

^^^^ Looks way tasty!! And just short enough on clues that I can't figure out where it is!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yo, Dude. You unable to handle your own self-image by coming on here and acting like a fucking idiot and getting called out?

You might consider taking a serious break from this end of the interwebz if you're gonna be a moran who gets violently threatening when called out. Cause the rest of us have agreed to and do our best to not take things so seriously that our insecurities take over where common sense should rule. Please stop being so insecure and work on a better self-image. It has been proven time and again that 'The beatings will continue until morale improves' is actually just a funny saying.

The door swings both ways. (No, that's not just some gay thing.)
    relax dude/ that asshole has been trolling me for years.. its about time someone gave him his come-uppins

I never say shit about anyone unless they start it 1st...if he would back off/i'd have sunny smiley face replies to his posts
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz