Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3295
    the forklift at the bird was a nice happy hour / brunch spot for our daughters first lcc trip. not a bad little paved walking path at the bird either.

Chanate revamped their menu a few years ago and it was pretty solid. Still a bit pricey, but it's on-mountain dining FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    the forklift at the bird was a nice happy hour / brunch spot for our daughters first lcc trip. not a bad little paved walking path at the bird either.
    So cruel to entice her with a real mountain when you know all she'll be seeing until she turns 18 is the pit of low elevation despair that is Porter Fork at 4AM...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Not surprising to see those protocols in place and I can't disagree with any of them. But, that is gonna make it basically impossible for my wife and I to take turns watching our 2 year old in GMD while the other skis. Oh well, gonna be an interesting season to say the least.
    Time to get the 2 year old on skis!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    So cruel to entice her with a real mountain when you know all she'll be seeing until she turns 18 is the pit of low elevation despair that is Porter Fork at 4AM...
    LOL!

hahaha. nobody got strong without some suffering!! it builds character!!

I'll be in Harold's cabin, Smoking a spliff.

The smoking lounge at Harold's is definitely upstairs.
    Too bad nobody has lived there in ? years, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Chanate revamped their menu a few years ago and it was pretty solid. Still a bit pricey, but it's on-mountain dining FFS.
    great Salsa Trio and the Chili Colorado was fire.

Anybody want this thing? It’s in the Buckhorn parking lot (small one between wildcat lot and the ski area). Come get it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3724.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	344192

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guns.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	344498

Looks like we've got our depth hoar layer. Great.

Utah had over 1500 new cases yesterday, currently has the eighth highest Covid positive rate per capita in the nation (15+%), and over 75% of hospital beds are occupied. Inbound skiing is looking more bleak by the day. I am starting to seriously consider deferring my passes for the year.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

But as herbie says, after doing nothing for 7 months, I don’t know what else can be done?

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    But as herbie says, after doing nothing for 7 months, I don’t know what else can be done?

He's such a fucking idiot. I listened to his address yesterday and it makes me roll my eyes continuously.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    This had me laughing

oopsie

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 982
Size:  513.3 KB

^^^^ I had presumed that this spike was being driven by counties that didn't have a mask mandate until Herbert's recent orders.

Nope. still being driven primarily by Salt Lake County and Utah County.

I think that people are going out, and flirting with disaster way too much. Personally, I will go on a hike, either alone, or with my better 1/2, but that is it.
    This cannot be good for the prospects of resort skiing this winter.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    Nope. still being driven primarily by Salt Lake County and Utah County.
    Well, that is most of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Well, that is most of the population.
    Yeah I doubt the 1000 souls who occupy Daggett county contribute much to the explosion of cases.
    That being said 1 person is enough to infect a whole ward and the county probably has 3 total so I might be off.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Pat's cartoon for this Sunday is pretty on point. I had to watch an ER doc cry today. Shit's getting ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Pat's cartoon for this Sunday is pretty on point. I had to watch an ER doc cry today. Shit's getting ugly.

Yup. I wish people could understand the healthcare worker burnout. Combined with the dark and cold of winter, when the inversion sets in it will be really rough. I feel for everyone connected to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think that people are going out, and flirting with disaster way too much. Personally, I will go on a hike, either alone, or with my better 1/2, but that is it.
    This cannot be good for the prospects of resort skiing this winter.
    I mean Utah choose not to set ski resort guidelines like some other states have. It's a very pro-business state. I'm not very convinced that anyone in power gives a shit about community health or wants to restrict businesses in the ski industry. If I was betting, Utah will be one of the last states to restrict resort skiing.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Yeah I doubt the 1000 souls who occupy Daggett county contribute much to the explosion of cases.
    That being said 1 person is enough to infect a whole ward and the county probably has 3 total so I might be off.
    ive summered in dagget county
    fishing guides dont do wards nor wear special jammies
    soul we do
    we do friday soul party, smile jamica ,red white and blues , sagebrusgh seranades and jam out to krcl
    its givens time for that community
    git ya sums good trouble we shall overcome wear and support community radio in yur hood

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This whole covid thing is gradually making me crazy. My will and reason are being eroded. But we're all in the same boat so whining is futile.

Anyway, anybody got any beta on Snowbird's parking plan? Even rumors and conjecture would be more satisfying than nothing. The suspense is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by raueda1 View Post
    This whole covid thing is gradually making me crazy. My will and reason are being eroded.
    even with what I’d consider a fairly storybook life topped off with a 3 week old distracting me it’s pretty tough sometimes. I can’t imagine how some folks (old, single, small apartment, depressed, whatever else) are coping. weird fuckin times. hope the resorts can find some way to make things work, even if it’s in a substantially reduced capacity.