Page 126 of 132 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3294
  1. #3126
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    What was the cost of the cog rail line?
    $630m electrified double track w/snow shed. $638k operation and maintenance. $660m for 2050 lifecycle cost
    $432m single track w/diesel electric. Same O&M. $470m for 2050 lifecycle cost.

  2. #3127
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    They most certainly can keep people off the land.

    "They can/can't do xxxxxx because of the USFS lease" is very rarely correct. The resorts do little to dispel these myths because, hey, easier to just let the FS be the bad guy.
    A bit off topic but an interesting point. Same idea as climbing gyms blaming pesky rules on insurance. Nobody ever challenges it.

  3. #3128
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    funland
    Posts
    4,833
    Ski Bus 2020-21:

    Quote Originally Posted by UTA
    ....we will be operating Ski Bus “same as” last year – no extra service to accommodate perfect social distancing, but no less either. We will be stressing cleaning, masks, and general safety.

  4. #3129
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    457
    a tunnel between BCC and LCC is a great idea, because there is a surplus of parking on the one side.

  5. #3130
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,829
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    a tunnel between BCC and LCC is a great idea, because there is a surplus of parking on the one side.
    Excess road capacity, too! Sending LCC traffic through BCC during control work closures would go splendidly.

  6. #3131
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,451
    $2.3 billion for bus tunnel ($13 million annual for operating and maintenance), $1.5 billion for rail tunnel ($10 million annual O & M), $650 million for gondola from Brighton to Alta ($5 to 6 million O & M).

    To put that in perspective, in 2013, the actual system-wide O&M cost of UTA's bus and light rail service was $61.0 million -- $51.1 million for bus and $9.9 million for TRAX light rail. I thought smoking weed was illegal in Utah?

  7. #3132
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    6,795
    smells like dead horse in here.

  8. #3133
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    12,829
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    $2.3 billion for bus tunnel ($13 million annual for operating and maintenance), $1.5 billion for rail tunnel ($10 million annual O & M), $650 million for gondola from Brighton to Alta ($5 to 6 million O & M).

    To put that in perspective, in 2013, the actual system-wide O&M cost of UTA's bus and light rail service was $61.0 million -- $51.1 million for bus and $9.9 million for TRAX light rail. I thought smoking weed was illegal in Utah?
    More perspective: UDOT's entire annual budget is usually $1-1.5 billion.

  9. #3134
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Salt Lake Chitty, UT
    Posts
    970
    Hopefully get to meet some of you Turkeys tonight.

    Look for the Jong rocking the 'Tight Loose' hat and Crocs... yes Crocs, cus I rock dat foot foam...
    You took too much man, too much, too much

  10. #3135
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Hopefully get to meet some of you Turkeys tonight.

    Look for the Jong rocking the 'Tight Loose' hat and Crocs... yes Crocs, cus I rock dat foot foam...
    I'll be there with some IRL friends. I'll be wearing chacos if we are identifying people by footwear.

  11. #3136
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,834
    Chacotansmatter
    The Bmc says right rear
    Sonofotzil or otzilspawn
    Doesn't ring off the tounge like icegrom
    I and Mr toaster will be there with garden goods
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  12. #3137
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    874
    i'll have a face mask with a bunch of dicks on it.

    before u get all homophobic aggro on me it benefited the utah harm reduction coalition

    i'll also have a giant thermos of some bomb-ass cocktail (tbd). bring your own mug and i'll hook you up. wish i could bake/bring more to this shindig but i got fucked at work 2day, sorry folks

    @bobmc - is this like a bring a lawn chair kind of affair? i just have a basic bitch subaru, no truck, can't sit in the back of it.

  13. #3138
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,515
    Yes, bring lawn chairs. Pretty good turnout so far, one theater filled and theater 2 that we are in is filling up.

  14. #3139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,842
    Front row center theatre 3


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  15. #3140
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    a tunnel between BCC and LCC is a great idea, because there is a surplus of parking on the one side.
    What is the goal or benefit of having a tunnel between LCC & BCC? Is it just to allow visitors to ski the other canyon? I think I read that in 2019 UDOT's total budget was $2.3 billion.

  16. #3141
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    $2.3 billion for bus tunnel ($13 million annual for operating and maintenance), $1.5 billion for rail tunnel ($10 million annual O & M), $650 million for gondola from Brighton to Alta ($5 to 6 million O & M).

    To put that in perspective, in 2013, the actual system-wide O&M cost of UTA's bus and light rail service was $61.0 million -- $51.1 million for bus and $9.9 million for TRAX light rail. I thought smoking weed was illegal in Utah?
    Here are UTA's funding sources:

    Local option sales tax - 70.9 percent
    Federal funding - 13.1 percent
    Fares - 11.2 percent
    Investments - 3.1 percent
    Advertising - 1.3 percent
    Other .3 percent

    If you assume that the operational costs of the proposed options would be similar to the current ones I suspect UTA will need additional funding just to operate the gondola, train, buses or whatever it is.

    I will say it again... If UTA put a list together of transit improvements / projects and did a cost benefit analysis based on reducing pollution, congestion, improving quality of life etc the canyon projects would not be high on the list.
    Last edited by bigdude2468; 09-25-2020 at 10:49 AM.

  17. #3142
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,834
    its the l9 swaptober
    well be at southtowne mall all next week/end starting tues 9/29 -10/4 large tent sw corner
    millcreek 10/7-11
    ogden 10/14-18
    downtown grainery 10/21 -25
    and happy valley orem 10/27-31
    taking gear consignments now
    hiring in our warehouse and retail locations
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  18. #3143
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,575
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    its the l9 swaptober
    well be at southtowne mall all next week/end starting tues 9/29 -10/4 large tent sw corner
    millcreek 10/7-11
    ogden 10/14-18
    downtown grainery 10/21 -25
    and happy valley orem 10/27-31
    taking gear consignments now
    hiring in our warehouse and retail locations
    What's level 9s consignment cut?

  19. #3144
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,834
    35 65 i think
    more if you do enough volume or want store credit instead of a check
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  20. #3145
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,231
    In the meantime, today U of U announced that all in person classes have been cancelled and all learning until the middle of Oct. will be on-line only.
    I think that his does not bode well for lifts turning. The stated reasoning is that there has been a recent spike in UT cases among younger people and that as the weather cools more people will be gathering inside.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

  21. #3146
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    In the meantime, today U of U announced that all in person classes have been cancelled and all learning until the middle of Oct. will be on-line only.
    I think that his does not bode well for lifts turning. The stated reasoning is that there has been a recent spike in UT cases among younger people and that as the weather cools more people will be gathering inside.
    It sure is a good thing Snowbird abandoned their plan for access through Utah County.

  22. #3147
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    951
    Look what just happened in Florida. Despite record numbers of cases and deaths the Governor just opened everything including bars with no restrictions. Based on the news clips tons of people immediately went out without masks and crowded like nothing was going on, which will obviously not end well. Too many people are stupid and once they open ski areas we'll undoubtedly see the same thing, just like with the college kids. Ski areas are all requiring "face coverings" but it is likely there will be many people with half-assed masks and no enforcement.

    Based on extensive research I have not found a viable safe mask that is practically workable for pulling down for skiing and up for lift lines while keeping it dry. If the areas are open lots of people will be skiing, but from a virus perspective it is going to be sketchy at best in the lines and on the lifts. As much as I hate to say it I think the word for the season is "crap-shoot."

  23. #3148
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    In the meantime, today U of U announced that all in person classes have been cancelled and all learning until the middle of Oct. will be on-line only.
    I think that his does not bode well for lifts turning. The stated reasoning is that there has been a recent spike in UT cases among younger people and that as the weather cools more people will be gathering inside.
    thought the 2 week closure was planned leading up to the VP debate? they announced that in july or august

  24. #3149
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Look what just happened in Florida. Despite record numbers of cases and deaths the Governor just opened everything including bars with no restrictions. Based on the news clips tons of people immediately went out without masks and crowded like nothing was going on, which will obviously not end well. Too many people are stupid and once they open ski areas we'll undoubtedly see the same thing, just like with the college kids. Ski areas are all requiring "face coverings" but it is likely there will be many people with half-assed masks and no enforcement.

    Based on extensive research I have not found a viable safe mask that is practically workable for pulling down for skiing and up for lift lines while keeping it dry. If the areas are open lots of people will be skiing, but from a virus perspective it is going to be sketchy at best in the lines and on the lifts. As much as I hate to say it I think the word for the season is "crap-shoot."
    I bought some of the outdoor research masks and have been impressed. Seems like it may work for skiing and they are quite comfortable


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  25. #3150
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The CH
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    its the l9 swaptober
    well be at southtowne mall all next week/end starting tues 9/29 -10/4 large tent sw corner
    millcreek 10/7-11
    ogden 10/14-18
    downtown grainery 10/21 -25
    and happy valley orem 10/27-31
    taking gear consignments now
    hiring in our warehouse and retail locations
    http://www.swaptober.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •