Page 83 of 132 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Geez, I can't imagine going fast enough down beartrap to slam an aspen and break your femur - especally close to the road.. Hope he's okay.
    That’s because it’s a lot easier to break than you think

Hopefully this isnt the beginning of the end:

To support the Governors urgings for people to stay home and maintain safe social distancing, Powder Mountain will be closing for skinning and hiking effective immediately for the next two weeks. This includes any and all types of recreation on the mountain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200330-01.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	322928

face shots over 8500' and the cop who sets the morning speed trap in the lower canyon didn't arrest me

^nice! I was up in that area yesterday and it was remarkable how different it was above and below 8500'. Night and day.

Went up for a quick Alta lap this morning...best skiing IMO was the 6" on top of the groomer. Maybe I just brought the wrong skis for the day but even the N facing corner of the shoulder around 10200 was pretty heavy/grabby

nice mallwalker! where-ish was this? in little?

Great light on the walk up, awful light on the ski.

Did get to observe a group of xtreme sledders across the way though

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Snow was great up high, grabbier lower but all in all stable. Ski cut produced 0 result.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    This is admittedly an impossible idea, but you almost wish UDOT would keep superior closed an extra day just to prevent people from making dumb decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    never thought I’d say this but hopefully it stops snowing for a couple weeks. a week of high pressure breakable crust oughta thin the herd out some.
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Was just saying to tbatt that I wish we were in a high pressure corn cycle as all these knuckle heads would be some where else. And I really like skiing corn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Fuck that noise, bring in the corn and the skinny skis, I've skied enough pow for the year and I'm tired of freezing my balls off while my face gets exfoliated by ice crystals. Without a beard that shit gets painful.
    damn i didn't know this disease made people insane....
    one of the best pow cycles of the season and people want corn???
    I'll always take powder over corn cause powder now just means more corn later.
    that's some crazy talk right there, are people acting like idiots? you betcha, but people always act like idiots.
    I'm gonna keep skiing like every day could be my last and hope that it doesn't come to that.
    except today, today I made the wrong terrain choice and so I did one lap and went home. Its getting to that time of year when its worth migrating to higher slopes.
    get high stay high kiddos
    be safe wash your hands
    Last edited by brutah; 03-30-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Name:	nwtrees.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	323015

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Actually a light rain/rime and solid melt freeze cycle would make for better corn than more pow. Especially when the snow gets skied as it heats up (hot pow). And if you think this is one of the best cycles of the season you must be unemployed now and have more time to ski. Because January thru early February was way better. I’m spoiled. Have over a hundred days before this shit started. If everyone lives everyday like it will be their last then we’ll only make the end come that much sooner. Look at it this way. Would you rather ski pow or your grandmother die?

The mar123 pow surf demo tour had a stop at Guardsman tonight.

These things are so much fun. It was nice to switch it up tonight and feel like a total kook trying to make it down some lower angle trees.

heck ya so fun!

Noboarding might be the best BC exercise right now. Makes a 20 degree slope so much fun.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Good, mellow times in LCC today.

Name:	IMG_2488.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	323107

Name:	IMG_1649.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	323108

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post

To support the Governors urgings for people to stay home and maintain safe social distancing, Powder Mountain will be closing for skinning and hiking effective immediately for the next two weeks. This includes any and all types of recreation on the mountain.
    The hordes of people car shuttling Powder Country, no practice of social distancing, and tons of illegal parking likely helped force this decision.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    damn i didn't know this disease made people insane....
    one of the best pow cycles of the season and people want corn???
    I'll always take powder over corn cause powder now just means more corn later.
    that's some crazy talk right there, are people acting like idiots? you betcha, but people always act like idiots.
    I'm gonna keep skiing like every day could be my last and hope that it doesn't come to that.
    except today, today I made the wrong terrain choice and so I did one lap and went home. Its getting to that time of year when its worth migrating to higher slopes.
    get high stay high kiddos
    be safe wash your hands
    Powder, corn, windboard, refrozen mank, ice, I'm an equal-opportunity super woke guy and I ski it all indiscriminately.

I'm bent cause I still have to go to work for random and completely useless meetings. It made me miss last Friday which by all accounts seemed to have been THE day to be out. Buddies skied a line I've been wanting to do for years and which has rejected me 4 or 5 times. They got it in all-time conditions while I had to endure some nonsensical business development talk while drooling on myself looking out the window. Then I perused the recent UAC obs and seriously considered calling if for the season. Five seconds later I decided corn would be a better option than not skiing and would also ensure that I don't have to read any more of these lessons in excuse making and poor judgement rationalization.

People aren't acting like idiots right now, they've somehow transplanted the entire Wasatch to planet Fucktard and are engaged in a contest to decide who will rule that world forever. The field looks like the 2016 republican primary line-up and we know where that led.

Argenta > Silver Mine Meadows 3-26

Last edited by tybee; 04-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    @pow_hnd

Snowbasin 3-27

@pow_hnd

Oh cool, about a full Strava report with timed segments and HR rates too...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Oh cool, about a full Strava report with timed segments and HR rates too...
    So, nope, not Strava, douche bag, and no HR rates, or timed segments, don't see any of those listed in the picture... It was more to show the route and run VIA the GPS tracks....
    @pow_hnd

You did edit one of your photos though JONG

Based on the skinning to get into this area I was really thinking the down was going to terrible. It was surprisingly enjoyable.

Since it seems like some negativity is required in every post right now, WTF is wrong with the people hiking Bells canyon. Moths to a flame? Have just the smallest bit of creativity about where you go for a hike.

^ nice! any sense of how the temps / sun is affecting the north facing stuff? the breakable crust was pretty heinous earlier in the week

N was staying pretty cold and soft. Anything not steep and N though, watch out! But the crust was smooth and supportable where we did hit it.

No more kwood uphill. 5k fine from USFS, don't even think about it. Unless there's a TH, which there isn't right? Right? Will HV follow suit?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk