Page 67 of 132 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3295
    this is tgr forum/if people can't take the heat...they don't know this can be an oven then
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ifin only there was a way for anononmoose shit posting e-dipshits to prove their badassness irl
    oh wait
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...23-MagBakeUT20
    ski u there

best takes the bus
    send it by big air
    or bitch check that batshit crazy spare
    bro bare
    Take the Dick out of your mouth when you type
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Speak English already you fucking Moron.. talk that shit in person>i'll shove my huge fist down your throat you Fucking internet pussy.
    Nothing worse than Pussy Bitchs ,hiding behind screen names.. Come on out of the Closet and put your $ where your retarded mouth is
    g1, you have no idea how to spell.. one more notch in the stupid board for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Been driving up both Canyons since I got my licence in 1987, many years of passes and then employment up both CCs. There is always been the snake up and down on weekends and pow days. It has just gotten worse, earlier/later.
    Now when I go back to visit I am shocked at the parking situation mostly. Cars everywhere on roads, etc. They closed the canyon Sunday due to #s of cars and it was busy but not insane at the Bird. Mandatory Carpool would only allow more people into the canyon with less amount of cars. Parking would fill, just with 3 ppl per car. It is a far from Perfect system, but currently the numbers do control themselves from the transportation.

& SFB is a blessing to the Wasatch. Has been since b4 this place existed. Dont like his posts, scroll past them. If you are lucky you may ski with him one day.
    relax dude/ that asshole has been trolling me for years.. its about time someone gave him his come-uppins

I never say shit about anyone unless they start it 1st...if he would back off/i'd have sunny smiley face replies to his posts
    this is tgr forum/if people can't take the heat...they don't know this can be an oven then
    Take the Dick out of your mouth when you type
    Be there or be square

Name:  3qenmu.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  84.3 KB
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Way to cunt up this thread with a whole bunch of chest pounding and dick measuring (hint: tiny).
    Baron, got a pic for you, finally putting those Chinese goggles from Amazon to good use...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	914.1 KB 
ID:	317635

Post some stoke or STFU and get stuck in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Way to cunt up this thread with a whole bunch of chest pounding and dick measuring (hint: tiny).
    Baron, got a pic for you, finally putting those Chinese goggles from Amazon to good use...

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	914.1 KB 
ID:	317635

Post some stoke or STFU and get stuck in traffic.
    HERE HERE!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    HERE HERE!
    x3

I think he just had his come-uppins.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    yeah I don't know what the overall solution is....but starting with mandatory carpooling on weekends is a simple concept with virtually no cost to anyone that would get the same amount of people up the canyon with fewer cars. There's apps. that can be created to get around the stupid hitchhiking law if thats what it takes.
    Carpooling works great for friends that want to go up and down at the same time of day.

If I bring strangers up in the morning I'm not going to wait around for them in the afternoon. They will need to use the APP to find a ride back down. If you force me to bring people up how motivated will I be to voluntarily bring different ones down? At the end of the day you will need more buses to get the people that didn't get a carpool down. It gets trickier if those people aren't parked at bus stop P&R lots. If forced carpooling gets popular those lots will be full and people will need to find alternate parking.

Doesn’t matter how they get up or down in the sense that if they hitch on way up and bus down - same result - people moved and no more cars. Haven’t been on too many down busses down they have been filled to capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Carpooling works great for friends that want to go up and down at the same time of day.

If I bring strangers up in the morning I'm not going to wait around for them in the afternoon. They will need to use the APP to find a ride back down. If you force me to bring people up how motivated will I be to voluntarily bring different ones down? At the end of the day you will need more buses to get the people that didn't get a carpool down. It gets trickier if those people aren't parked at bus stop P&R lots. If forced carpooling gets popular those lots will be full and people will need to find alternate parking.
    yeah all good points for sure, think people will just have to figure it out...if you're hitching up a one way thats the risk you take and will have to find a ride back down.

anywho it would be interesting to test it out for a weekend or two and see what kind of impact it has. Im not that smart haha its an idea that comes up a lot in conversations... and it don't cost anything(at the moment).
    Last edited by mar123; 02-26-2020 at 10:54 PM.

At least on these quiet sunny weekdays traffic has been non-existent. Finished a meeting at 9.55 in Midvale, jumped on the 10.15 bus and was on the lift by 11 in Solitude. Since I couldn't find any Mags to take me on a tour I did some hiking in the resort. Hiked the Fantasy Ridge (skied the main first main chute before the true summit) and did Barret's glade off Evergreen peak. The snow was quite good on both. Perfectly edgable, not crusty (yet), and every now and then you could find a nice pocket of deeper wind-loaded stashes. Weather was perfect for being outside, although the snow on any non-north facing aspects was getting cooked.

I started talking to a snowboarder from NY on the way up the Fantasy Ridge. He said he gets out 40ish days on the East Coast and another 25 on trips out West. Figured he's legit, but as soon as I drop in the chute, he drops in right behind me, eats shit, takes me out, and slides headfirst through the choke of the chute which is only 1 ski length wide. Luckily I managed to keep my skis under me and self-arrest immediately. He somehow managed to tumble over and arrest after the choke and came out unharmed too, but that could have definitely ended worse. Lesson learned, let strangers drop in first, especially if they're from the East Coast.

Will probably do some more resort-hiking at AltaBird tomorrow.

Name:  IMG_8398.JPG
Views: 1040
Size:  138.2 KB

Name:	IMG_8405.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	317717

Name:	IMG_8396.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	317718

Name:	IMG_8397.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	317719

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The idea that you could quickly and efficiently fill a 6-level parking garage on a powder-panic Saturday morning is a bit comical.
    Hire Disney to do it - their garages work amazingly well

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gerritkwood View Post
    At least on these quiet sunny weekdays traffic has been non-existent. Finished a meeting at 9.55 in Midvale, jumped on the 10.15 bus and was on the lift by 11 in Solitude.
    Hit or miss I guess. I drove down LCC around 9ish this AM and traffic was starting to back up around the fire station a bit past the swamp lot. Things were still moving at a decent pace but even on a random Thursday without any new snow in over a week there are enough people heading up that the bottleneck is forming 1+ mile outside of LCC.

Ran up the Y today for shits and giggles. Views were top notch as always, the skiing was a bit of a mixed bag: sheltered pow up high, perfect cardboard in the middle, and the early stages of a bump field down low. Beaters need to stop side-slipping the steep sections, it's rattling my teeth loose when I try to make turns! Ran into 4 people who were psyched to be out, always nice to run into like-minded folks out of for a stroll with their eyes on the peaks rather than on their watch.

One of my rare mallwalker moments, I'm too lazy to catch those sunrises:

Name:	IMG_20200227_071252.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	317767

At least on these quiet sunny weekdays traffic has been non-existent. Finished a meeting at 9.55 in Midvale, jumped on the 10.15 bus and was on the lift by 11 in Solitude.
    Hit or miss I guess. I drove down LCC around 9ish this AM and traffic was starting to back up around the fire station a bit past the swamp lot. Things were still moving at a decent pace but even on a random Thursday without any new snow in over a week there are enough people heading up that the bottleneck is forming 1+ mile outside of LCC.

I started talking to a snowboarder from NY on the way up the Fantasy Ridge. He said he gets out 40ish days on the East Coast and another 25 on trips out West. Figured he's legit, but as soon as I drop in the chute, he drops in right behind me, eats shit, takes me out, and slides headfirst through the choke of the chute which is only 1 ski length wide. Luckily I managed to keep my skis under me and self-arrest immediately. He somehow managed to tumble over and arrest after the choke and came out unharmed too, but that could have definitely ended worse. Lesson learned, let strangers drop in first, especially if they're from the East Coast.
    Classy move from Mr East Coast, taking out people while beatering down a line is some pro-level stuff!

Ran up the Y today for shits and giggles. Views were top notch as always, the skiing was a bit of a mixed bag: sheltered pow up high, perfect cardboard in the middle, and the early stages of a bump field down low. Beaters need to stop side-slipping the steep sections, it's rattling my teeth loose when I try to make turns! Ran into 4 people who were psyched to be out, always nice to run into like-minded folks out of for a stroll with their eyes on the peaks rather than on their watch.

Name:	IMG_20200227_071252.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	317767

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ^ looks like it was worth it. been fun poking around, searching for soft turns the last few days as we wait for the reset.

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	317795

Name:	turns.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	501.4 KB 
ID:	317796

Any corn reports?

This fat cow wants dogs shitting in your drinking water.

https://kutv.com/news/local/bill-wou...-contamination

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post

Im ignorant. How much would feces impact water quality since it is all treated anyway?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    its obviously way harder to remove from water than 2 stroke oil scum
    or else you wouldn't be able to run a motor on deer creek res
    bottom line much like poop it out pack it out
    you either leave turds or ya don't
    plenty of red tag legal owners don't scoopspoops
    strong soli work taggin fantasey and surviving gitiing snowboard cannonballed in what sounds like shot 21 jong
    if you call barrets
    jim clem
    youll sound less iconic
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Im ignorant. How much would feces impact water quality since it is all treated anyway?
    I'm nowhere close to an expert but the argument I hear generally is that it's not so much the feces but the feces-transmitted parasites dogs can carry like giardia etc that are the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post

The real question is will dogs count as carpoolers for our canyons restrictions?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Any corn reports?

Not particularly helpful, but on Weds in the Oquirrhs at 10k' on a SE face I was probably an hour early for quasi-corn at noon. Wasn't nearly as warm as I expected, but still skiied fast and edgeable.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    The real question is will dogs count as carpoolers for our canyons restrictions?!?
    It will really help me towards my goal of not being a single occupancy vehicle. May stop me from picking up hitchers though.

In regards to the fecal contamination, MW is correct that it relates to the bacteria and other microbes present in dog shit in much higher amounts than native canyon dwellers. I'm not an expert either, but as I understand it most water suppliers filter/dilute/chemically treat (but mostly dilute), but the Salt Lake system isn't set up for much in the way of dilution, since the water comes straight down the canyon and into our taps fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    I don't work directly in drinking water treatment, but do a lot of work remediating acid mine drainage and am pretty familiar with the processes used in drinking water treatment. While there are certainly large numbers of wild animals pooping in the watersheds, bacteria counts (proxy for all waterborne pathogens--bacteria, viruses, protozoa and helminths) in our protected watersheds are very low. The relatively recent dog ban in the Ghost Falls watershed was implemented because bacteria counts were steadily increasing every year. Pathogens are also notoriously difficult and expensive to treat.

Because the water they receive is very high quality to begin with, the DWTPs we have probably are not set up to do much heavy upfront disinfection. Most of the treatment they do is probably sedimentation/flocculation followed by relatively low-level post-treatment chlorination to keep the water clean on the way to your faucet. Retrofitting their process to treat high levels of pathogens would entail very expensive infrastructure investments and ongoing costs. Your water would also be much more likely to taste like a swimming pool.

The rationale is similar to why phosphate detergents were banned. Source control is always much cheaper and more effective than treatment.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 02-28-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I don't work directly in drinking water treatment, but do a lot of work remediating acid mine drainage and am pretty familiar with the processes used in drinking water treatment. While there are certainly large numbers of wild animals pooping in the watersheds, bacteria counts (proxy for all waterborne pathogens--bacteria, viruses, protozoa and helminths) in our protected watersheds are very low. The relatively recent dog ban in the Ghost Falls watershed was implemented because bacteria counts were steadily increasing every year. Pathogens are also notoriously difficult and expensive to treat.

Because the water they receive is very high quality to begin with, the DWTPs we have probably are not set up to do much heavy upfront disinfection. Most of the treatment they do is probably sedimentation/flocculation followed by relatively low-level post-treatment chlorination to keep the water clean on the way to your faucet. Retrofitting their process to treat high levels of pathogens would entail very expensive infrastructure investments and ongoing costs. Your water would also be much more likely to taste like a swimming pool.

The rationale is similar to why phosphate detergents were banned. Source control is always much cheaper and more effective than treatment.
    Does this mean that none of you pee in the watershed?