Page 98 of 132 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3295
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200529-00.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	330047

the entrance to little chute is getting a bit thin, and there's a minor runnel forming, but at the moment it's still skiing great. main chute has a bunch of rocks in it, but they're mostly avoidable, and it's skiing great too. ran out of time for a third lap but perlas looks like it might melt out before too long too... nothing remotely resembling a freeze. t shirt weather. guess it's finally summer...

Name:	20200529-01.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	330048

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post

Name:	20200529-00.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	330047

the entrance to little chute is getting a bit thin, and there's a minor runnel forming, but at the moment it's still skiing great.
    Hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    I skied the Grunge Couloir on Mt Timpanogos on Tuesday.

Was neat.

Report:

https://snowbrains.com/trip-report-m...runge-couloir/

^welldone
    You took too much man, too much, too much

the entrance to little chute is getting a bit thin, and there's a minor runnel forming, but at the moment it's still skiing great. main chute has a bunch of rocks in it, but they're mostly avoidable, and it's skiing great too. ran out of time for a third lap but perlas looks like it might melt out before too long too... nothing remotely resembling a freeze. t shirt weather. guess it's finally summer...
    Thanks for the update mall walker and thanks for letting me know to stop worrying about the overnight freeze. Its fucking summer and we don't need no stinking freeze. summer snow, no more rules. suicide skied great around 9 am.

Name:  IMG_20200529_084104.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  249.7 KB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200529_084104.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	330097  
    Last edited by brutah; 05-29-2020 at 03:20 PM.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

PM Gear Lhasa Pows 186 w/ bindings https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/60041157

Which one of you beaters is this?

Damn worth it for the binders alone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    people would really pay 20 bucks fer markers even the Randonee ones?
    them bases are beat but repairable
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    people would really pay 20 bucks fer markers even the Randonee ones?
    them bases are beat but repairable
    Not me, I've sworn off frame bindings for good. Thought about grabbing the skis for a future bench or fence project. Those bases are too far gone even for my cheap ass.

So Alta is giving season pass credits for unused / shortened season. They also raised all season pass prices, some significantly.

Regular season pass is up $100 from $999 to $1099. Not sure the last time Alta raised this price, it was $999 the last time I bought it before turning 65 which was several years ago.

Senior up $50 to $849. Fourth year in a row that they have raised the senior pass.

Kids season passes got whacked pretty hard. 7 -12 year old pass went up 33% from $199 to $299.

Wonder if this will result in migration to IKON with the full pass being $999 for a first time buyer and kids 5 - 12 pass is $199. Get the 5 day pass with the blackout days and its just $699.

One thing for sure is with this pricing there won't be anyone with an IKON deciding to drop it in favor of an Alta or Snowbird pass.

^ yep pretty frustrating to see price increases in this environment. Particularly the AltaBird increase. Even with the discount our family AltaBird pass is $600 more. Probably just doing Alta only this season.

That said, I bet you could go back and find me posting in January about wanting prices to go up to reduce crowding. It would be nice if they would apply the price hikes to Ikon as well. If you are ok making Solitude your home mountain (no thank you), it is a ridiculous deal.

I certainly hope that next year when the rumored 3 year Ikon agreement is up we see some major changes in LCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post

I certainly hope that next year when the rumored 3 year Ikon agreement is up we see some major changes in LCC.
    You and me both.

I've had an alta pass (sometimes altabird) since 2009 and this is the first increase I have seen to the alta pass. I have no issue with it. Good value, imo.

The altabird was $1399 last year, so an increase to $1599 this year. Although, you get more this year with the ikon base included. If that is worth it to you, a good deal for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    The altabird was $1399 last year, so an increase to $1599 this year. Although, you get more this year with the ikon base included. If that is worth it to you, a good deal for $200.
    Yeah the kicker for me was you used to get 2 kids AltaBird passes for free with 2 adults. No longer the case. However, you do still get 2 free kids passes with Alta only. Doesn't really make sense, but oh well. Gotta pay to play!

Yeah the kicker for me was you used to get 2 kids AltaBird passes for free with 2 adults. No longer the case. However, you do still get 2 free kids passes with Alta only. Doesn't really make sense, but oh well. Gotta pay to play!
    Definitely a bigger increase in that regard. I was just looking at individual passes.
    Good thing for my wife and I, we both got a bit of credit from alta, so even with the increases our passes will be less than last year.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^ yep pretty frustrating to see price increases in this environment. Particularly the AltaBird increase. Even with the discount our family AltaBird pass is $600 more. Probably just doing Alta only this season.

That said, I bet you could go back and find me posting in January about wanting prices to go up to reduce crowding. It would be nice if they would apply the price hikes to Ikon as well. If you are ok making Solitude your home mountain (no thank you), it is a ridiculous deal.

no thank you for makin us glad

if you ever make it over ill show you why
    ill hook ya up with a shop comper
    and buy ya a shot in the parched rodent
    with my dont pay to play funds
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Name:	20200604-01.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	330606

me and snowaddict picked a popular line this morning and it skied awesome. ~5min of walking on the lower apron. with apologies to the 5 other people who got sprayed on our descent

me and snowaddict picked a popular line this morning and it skied awesome. ~5min of walking on the lower apron. with apologies to the 5 other people who got sprayed on our descent
    Nice! the mayor texted me that there was a congo line headed up it this morning! trying to decide what to ski tonight and maybe tomorrow... Hard to deny suicide as it was ripping when I skied it on last friday

^ it looks like you can still skin up to main chute along the baldy shoulder, though I haven't been that way in a few days. it's melting fast, but the apron on superior goes lower than it has in some recent junes. take what you get I guess... next week maybe a glimmer of hope!

^ Right on, its funny as its becoming my new cardio loop. skied 9x since Sunday and hasnt disappointed yet, aside from the lower apron being "character building" lol

Been hiking up the ridge and over to it, dry all the way and surprisingly not too loose. Its nice way to get some scrambling in for the climber in myself and some fun turns down!
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Name:	IMG_2008.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	330631

Forecast looks interesting for the weekend. And some downright pleasant temps forecasted for the valley next week!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    ^ Right on, its funny as its becoming my new cardio loop. skied 9x since Sunday and hasnt disappointed yet, aside from the lower apron being "character building" lol

Been hiking up the ridge and over to it, dry all the way and surprisingly not too loose. Its nice way to get some scrambling in for the climber in myself and some fun turns down!
    I keep meaning to do it as a loop from the ridge, I've done the ridge a few times in sneakers but never with skis on. I won't put my winter gear away with snow on the ground and in the forecast but I must confess even for me, the summer activities are calling these days...

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...requent-buses/

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I'm still pro-gondola, but don't see anyone footing the bill, especially with current events. Realistically we will probably see nothing but "improved bus service" with no improvements to parking or lockers, etc.

Oh well, if traffic is our biggest problem next winter I'll consider that a win.

1,000 people/hr capacity for the gondola, is that a joke? Strawberry gondola at Snowbasin is reportedly 2,400/hr. I'm not big on the gondola idea anyway, but that smells like a setup. There's no way that option is actually being seriously considered.