Page 25 of 132 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Got this from one of AC's friends who lives at Hellgate. Attachment 308762
    explosive work or natural?

Jerry New Year...

Good turns had in Days yesterday...Winds were nuking with heavy snow starting around 3pm, We got a couple small soft slab pockets to pull out with one running a couple hundred feet, enough to go for a ride... upper elevations were getting real slabby on our late exit around 4pm. ....Watch them slabs give it time to settle.

...a few days ago...sooooooo 2019
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redpine3.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	308775

Beautiful morning! Full on red snake up BCC at 6:45

New snow quite reactive on N-NE facing slopes over 35 deg. Step and slide easy out there.

Name:	Image from iOS (28).jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	308803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image from iOS (27).jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	308804

so is backside not opening real? and collins/wildcat/sugarloaf only today? that's what the website currently says

IDK about backside (I'm back home now), but lapping wildcat-keyhole-tram-high baldy-shoulder was unreal around noon.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

I rode a snowboard today at the bird. It was fucken fun! First tracks all over. Couple laps in gad shoots then mineral was just unreal faceshotcity. Man oh man I am surfed out!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    explosive work or natural?
    All explosive work. South facing terrain was very active due to yesterday’s wind.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    All explosive work. South facing terrain was very active due to yesterday’s wind.
    Thanks. I saw the utavy insta post. It's fun seeing that go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

https://youtu.be/sQyJAqtYM8A

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Name:	IMG_0975.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	308821

Winds still blasting W faces as of 2pm. East facing trees skied soft and bottomless.

Anyone ski flag or Emma’s area today? Wondering how those exposed S faces held up.
    Last edited by dfinn; 01-02-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post

Anyone ski flag or Emma’s area today? Wondering how those exposed S faces held up.
    Quite well.

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	308934

Only instabilities between flag and Emma 4 were very minor.

Had a few friends ski it this morning already, said it got wind hammered since yesterday.

Surprisingly not many tracks in this shot yet. That won’t last long.

Name:	IMG_0999.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	308961

Anyone know the deal with the UTA buses being so late this season?

I read on the UTA website that they doubled the number of buses up LCC this season, but so far this year not a single one that I’ve been on was anywhere near on time.

This morning, for example, the up canyon bus was 15min late and the down bus was 35min late. I’ve only made it up about 15 days so far this season but it’s been similarly late each time.

Last season the buses generally ran on schedule or close to it. Yeah, it was crowded but at least they ran on time.

Doesn’t seem like they added any new bus service to LCC, let alone doubled it.

What’s more, even if I get on at the very first stop at Midvale, it’s still late. Like how can the first stop be late? Wtf?

took just a few runs at alta this AM but they were poppin'. First run down backside was trenchtown faceshot-every-turn wigglin good times. high yellow trail down through suzies. snow on the lower microwave out catherine's was surfy and fun too. left around noon as the cars were lined up on the bypass to get into town, cars parked on the road below the pdog, and cars parked on the road all the way down through the bird...and a constant stream of cars driving up canyon at that hour too. wtf

this weekend's gonna be bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post

I read on the UTA website that they doubled the number of buses up LCC this season, but so far this year not a single one that I’ve been on was anywhere near on time.

This morning, for example, the up canyon bus was 15min late and the down bus was 35min late. I’ve only made it up about 15 days so far this season but it’s been similarly late each time.

Last season the buses generally ran on schedule or close to it. Yeah, it was crowded but at least they ran on time.

What’s more, even if I get on at the very first stop at Midvale, it’s still late. Like how can the first stop be late? Wtf?
    I've noticed more buses in the canyon, but every time I see them they seem to be stuck trying to make the turn from the bypass onto the main road when superior is closed

probably why they're late all over the place. But yea, bus shouldn't be "late" from the first stop in valley when it's going up...especially in the early AM before they've taken a run up canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post

good luck..the Bus system is totally screwed up

-no where's near enough parking

-dangerous walks from the parking to the pick up spots

-Zero crowd management ..busses show up to the canyon base full already>we need dedicated busses that only run the 2 canyons.

-no ski racks... every time I rode last year;I was stuck holding my equipment while standing/Not Fun!

-Drivers are poorly trained..travel far to fast on the curves... m fuckers are hitting the corners at 40mph on a snowy daYs.

-no early Busses...let me/us up before the crowds!!! /make us wait for a pile on is ridiculous.

-Staff eats up some of the best parking spots at the UTA lot...those cars that are there before 7am,are mostly employees...thx 4 stuffing the lot full jerk wads , you could meet up anywhere to carpool and use the further parking lots. By 7:30 all the parking for the Bus is gone.

-More Busses on Powder days !!! why they would not have a policy or plan like this ,is beyond me.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    -dangerous walks from the parking to the pick up spots
    lol what?

also I’m not begrudging some kid making $10/hr to wash dishes at GMD his hungover extra sleep, good on the employees for using the busses at all. you all bitch when they park up there too. should we just make them walk?

the bus will only get better if more people use it...

Tree well/NARSID? Tragic

Wow, tragic...helps put the bus woes in perspective.

At the end of the day we are just sliding down a mountain on 2 sticks of wood.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Tree well/NARSID? Tragic
    Tree well. SLC local. Went out for one more run when his Mom, wife, and three young kids stayed in the GMD saloon. RIP & Condolences to the family and everyone affected.

Luckiest kid in the Wasatch:
    https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...r-found-alive/

Who needs skis when you have Timberlands? (And he didn't even need those..)
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Went up to Dog Lake from Big, up Little Water, then over to the Wasatch back. Lots of wind damage up high, and it was getting warm on the way out. Wind was moving snow around up high. Still a nice day in the Wasatch.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Edit: got some, this place rocks!

Anyone holding P18 Jigarex plates? Trade beer to borrow them for a few days (or less). Hit me up here or you can text me at:

8 zero 1 seven 3 nine 3 eight 5 three

Thanks!
    Last edited by beaterdit; 01-04-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air