Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Went up today and covered some ground(up to wildcat, down to angle station, up to Collins, down to supreme and up to Catherine’s and down...pretty poor route planning actually but I just wanted to explore shit instead of the typical Collins laps). They got the snow guns going on the main route to Collins, although they were spaced out, and you could avoid them. Catherine’s was good up high there. The ski down from the bottom of Catherine’s resulted in a couple core shots. There’s a decent amount of snow but the wind varied the depths a bit so stay on your toes. Everything is gonna get tracked AF tomorrow. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised at the numerous tracks everywhere around Alta.

Also the lower angle east facing zone near piss pass (I don’t know names there) had a lot of good looking turns on it. If I had to redo today, I would have just lapped that(although I don’t know exactly how it skied)
    Thanks for beta. Was thinking just up bunny slope from Albion lot and then dunk around north facing. But really just want some turns

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Thinking I'll head up from Albion if I can motivate today too.

North facing was really good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0750.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	300683

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    North facing was really good

Name:	IMG_0750.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	300683

Nice, great seeing you out there today!

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

For those in SLC that enjoying walking their pup with skis on their feet, they plowed Millcreek (after the gate, obviously) late last week so it's not longer skiable. Also, Porter's Fork is closed until mid-November. Hopefully this helps at least one of you from loading your gear just to end up going for a hike.

What exactly does “closed Till mid November” mean for Porter Fork? Porter is a public access point to wilderness. It does not typically “close”.

Is it “closed” due to the water project they were doing?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I spaced it out and went into work sat.
    Anybody go to ussw and would like to do a recap
    was dj man bun bobblehead entertaining as usual
    5 stones songs?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    What exactly does “closed Till mid November” mean for Porter Fork? Porter is a public access point to wilderness. It does not typically “close”.

also very curious about this

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post

Yes it is due to the project. I just found a link to the notice:

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.52.06 AM.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	433.8 KB 
ID:	300919

And here is the link to the full notice: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd668428.pdf. It says until November 4th or until rescinded. I'm just estimating that's more of a mid-November timeline.

huh, good to know, ty.

felt good to break the kit out this morning, and I wasn't even the only idiot up there in the dark either. 10 day looks shit though

Had a nice ski down the collins groomer yesterday, and a short mediocre ski on the albion side saturday. Probably my only 2 days on the snow until we get more of it.

My wife is coming out to interview at Utah State this week. I think after a good number of years in graduate school, it's about time she gets a job and supports me so I can move out and have some fun with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    Yes it is due to the project. I just found a link to the notice:

It says until November 4th or until rescinded. I'm just estimating that's more of a mid-November timeline.
    That means the last day is today.

Would someone post the closure map please?
    Curious if the Yellow Jacket trail is involved...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    That means the last day is today.
    The original end date was 10/28 and that got pushed. Call me a pessimist when it comes to cold weather construction.

Here is a link which includes the map: https://slco.org/uploadedFiles/depot...BowmanFork.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    The original end date was 10/28 and that got pushed. Call me a pessimist when it comes to cold weather construction.

Here is a link which includes the map: https://slco.org/uploadedFiles/depot/fParksRec/parks/millcreek-
    canyon/PorterForkBowmanFork.pdf
    Thanks! Found the same article / map yesterday.
    Appears the Yellow Jacket trail out of the Terraces Picnic area is unaffected.
    Nice way up Gobbler's...
    God's country. I mean Dog's country.
    Specially when we're in tweener season in the LCC.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

anyone who works / has worked at Alta: if I wanted to leave a thankyou/care package for the staff up there, where would I best leave it? and aside from beer/hot chocolate/candy/etc are there any other local favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone who works / has worked at Alta: if I wanted to leave a thankyou/care package for the staff up there, where would I best leave it? and aside from beer/hot chocolate/candy/etc are there any other local favorites?
    I'd say the cat shop on the east side of the albion lot. That would be the best bet to get those treats to the snowmaking and plow crews.

good seeing up there this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'd say the cat shop on the east side of the albion lot. That would be the best bet to get those treats to the snowmaking and plow crews.

good seeing up there this morning!
    thanks man, good to see you too! a lot of the usual suspects showing up early this year it seems

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

thanks man, good to see you too! a lot of the usual suspects showing up early this year it seems
    It was a little, um, firm up there this morning. How early did you get up to skin up that in the dark? Lol. Lets ski soon!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    It was a little, um, firm up there this morning. How early did you get up to skin up that in the dark? Lol. Lets ski soon!
    I started a little after 5... the manmade was kinda soft honestly! I'll be up there tomorrow bout the same time

Are they still blowing snow every night up there? Gonna head up again this weekend to ski the groomer again.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Are they still blowing snow every night up there? Gonna head up again this weekend to ski the groomer again.
    it was blowing this morning all up the groomer. fwiw their instagram has 11/23 opening... I think their USFS lease lets them prohibit uphill as much as a week ahead of time, so this weekend is not automatic

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    huh, good to know, ty.

felt good to break the kit out this morning, and I wasn't even the only idiot up there in the dark either. 10 day looks shit though
    you could change your perspective

ya knows
    is what it is
    shits or sunny shinolas
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

it was blowing this morning all up the groomer. fwiw their instagram has 11/23 opening... I think their USFS lease lets them prohibit uphill as much as a week ahead of time, so this weekend is not automatic
    Hmm
    Might need to roll friday then ��