Page 9 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

I left Alta around 3 and still haven’t got stick rock not at 615. At a standstill again. JFC
    Hol-ee fuck. Something has to be done.

Must...resist...hauling ass down the uphill lane...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s unbelievable. All they do is hold meetings and talk. Yet nothing gets done. I will say that since UDOT got a new road manager for lcc about 4 years ago things have gone drastically downhill. This storm was being hyped for days and the road managers seem like they were totally caught off guard. Left Alta at 4:30 and haven’t made it to tanners. Road is a parking lot. At least the Avalanche’s paths above the road aren’t full yet. This is just a complete joke

Three people have done it. Fucksticks. Hope they got big tickets.

I’m moving along pretty well now. There’s another bus of the eastbound lane near the powerhouse.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

No way they got a ticket. There’s no enforcement at all. What they really should do is make them wait hours in the ditch and send traffic around them.

Have them bus tables for the next 4 weekends at Alta and Snowbird while wearing a shirt printed with "I caused the backup in LCC on "date".

Traffic started to move fine. Then the morons at UDOT drive by everyone plowing the uphill lane and now it’s backed to being totally stopped. What utter incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    No way they got a ticket. There’s no enforcement at all. What they really should do is make them wait hours in the ditch and send traffic around them.

I’m sure you’re right. Pathetic.

I haven’t had a pass in LCC the last two years. I went back because I missed it. Now I’m having buyer’s remorse.

The road situation has really gone to shit and they do nothing. Only reason I drove today is because I’ve got new boots and was pretty sure I’d have to get them off my feet as soon as I was done skiing. I was right, hahaha. Oh well, better planning and more bus riding for me in the future. Wouldn’t have helped today but still.

3:15 from GMD to my house. Here’s one of the assholes who caused it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8886.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	304191

As I passed by that Sysco truck parked facing up canyon in the plow turn around he started moving. The people behind me stopped and let him out. I figured he was continuing up canyon. A minute later I glance in the rearview and he’s coming downhill at me his trailer jackknifed into the other lane. I thought for sure he was going to plow into me but thankfully he straightened it out and stopped before he hit me. The rest of the ride down I had one eye on the road and the other checking the rearview.

Busses don’t appear to be the solution.

Name:	3039F481-3666-4646-A9FB-2B1C4288D2F0.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	304192

i just white-knuckled it up BCC, got lucky as they opened it for uphill only for a bit before they realized how sketch it was. Now it’s closed for downhill only. The line of cars was unbelievable. Almost hit a skier, he caught an edge coming down. About 20 people skiing or boarding down between lanes. So much stupidity.

I bet it’ll take some people 6-8 hours to get home. People are bitching on Twitter that uphill is priority....both lanes are open dude, but you ain’t moving for another 2 hours!!!!

in mammoth this season, 8 footer out here. holy wow to hear about the gnarl traffic. best of luck w that ladies and gents..

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Attachment 304163

Ikonic opening day at solitude. 4 runs in 90 minutes.

(Photo was 10 minutes before opening) by the time we made our first run, the line went from moonbeam, to link, and doubled back all the way to moonbeam again.
    Sounds like they need to rename it.........Hardly looks like solitude.

Monday afternoon there was a cysco truck chaining up in the middle of the damn road between entry 3 and the bypass road. surely it was the same dumbass. Probably lied on his resume to get the job.

Jesus. Didn’t go up today. That sounds like an absolute nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Historically the Sysco drivers have been pretty heroic. I’ve seen them pull off some crazy moves in the Pdog parking lot. Usually they are in really big box trucks, I feel like tractor trailers are fairly rare.

Haven’t been up bcc this year. Am i crazy to think mid elevation nw-ne has enough snow by now for turns?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    As I passed by that Sysco truck parked facing up canyon in the plow turn around he started moving. The people behind me stopped and let him out. I figured he was continuing up canyon. A minute later I glance in the rearview and he’s coming downhill at me his trailer jackknifed into the other lane. I thought for sure he was going to plow into me but thankfully he straightened it out and stopped before he hit me. The rest of the ride down I had one eye on the road and the other checking the rearview.

Busses don’t appear to be the solution.

Name:	3039F481-3666-4646-A9FB-2B1C4288D2F0.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	447.3 KB 
ID:	304192
    Jeezus Bob, glad you made it out of that one. I was a little ahead of you today. Don’t worry, I’ll be at the Bird to this year, look forward to catching some runs with ya!

My time from GMD to bottom of the canyon was about 3 1/2 hours. Fukk.

Welcome back to the junkshow, look forward to making some turns at Alta with you! 3.5 hours happened a few times last year, really put a damper on my Pdog visitation. Leaving by 1-2 was always a sure fire way to beat it. Leaving any time between 3-6 was no good.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I’ll vouch for the Sysco driver. He’s a really good super hard working guy. Literally drives up almost every morsel of food in the canyon. Makes 2 trips a day from way out in west valley 6 days a week. I was told He turned around because he couldn’t make it, though he’d go off the road and he had chains on. He’s actually the only driver in the canyon who consistently chains up. If Sysco had any other driver in the canyon there would be a huge problem with food and for sure a worse driver. Now Sysco the corporation sucks. They consistently give him shit tires. Hence you’ll see him chaining up on day road at the mouth knowing it could be bad up high.

On the other hand I can’t decide who’s worse Udot or UTA. I think 3 buses went off the road and one broke down. Unfortunately more buses in the canyon this year might end up being totally counter productive. The road manager for UDOT, not the Avalanche guys, but the lead plow guy is clueless. Ever since he took over the canyon has been a mess.

Another problem is funding and the UDOT crew being over stretched. Same crew covers lcc, bcc and 215 from fashion place exit to 3300 exit. On snowy days there needs to be a concerted effort, starting at 2,to make sure the road is plowed non stop. I mean 2 plows in each canyon going up and down. When the road surface is in decent shape it’s proven that cars can get out. Unfortunately the way our genius politician have made the laws, including the new traction law, makes them almost impossible to enforce. I know the cops are very frustrated with it all. There are solutions out there but nobody wants to put up the money. Including the ski resorts. Last year when this happened on many occasions was even worse as there were loaded avalanche paths with cars not moving at all below them. It’ll probably take a tragedy for any changes to be made. Fortunately, today the paths weren’t loaded enough to hit the road. 3 1/2 hours to drive 7 miles is unacceptable especially when there are actions that could be taken to improve the situation

Holy eff. Sorry guys. I got 7 runs in in about 2 hours (riding solo) from open to 11 am at the Multitude. Driving up and down was no problem (25 min both ways) as the blizzard started right when I got back home. I am planning on making an iconic trip to Alta with my bro tomorrow, but your traffic reports are freaking me out. Weather is clearing up, 'should' be ok. Anyone know if they are going to be closing the highway for avy control tomorrow morning that might make me want to stay in bcc? Also, what time should I plan on being at the mouth of LCC if I don't want an insane conga line? Would 7:30 do it?

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Holy eff. Sorry guys. I got 7 runs in in about 2 hours (riding solo) from open to 11 am at the Multitude.......
    How was skiing? How many rocks did you hit?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thread needs

happy tails from the canyon
    they let dogs in
    UDOT does a great job in

and don't need to let UTA in to fuck it up

sweet call out from the little biggest shit show canyon though
    bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Made it up to Alta. Took about 45 min from cottonwood heights. Road was a bit sketch at the top. Definitely think I need to get some snow tires. Good all seasons and 4wd isn't enough. I have chains but it's a pita to throw them on in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Haven’t been up bcc this year. Am i crazy to think mid elevation nw-ne has enough snow by now for turns?

I haven’t been either but judging from the snow at ~7k mill creek it’d be worth exploring

Name:	IMG_0532.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	304266

it’s winter...