Page 13 of 132 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Past the Guardsman gate they've done the reverse and placed back to back signs eliminating parking for the summer months. It sort of makes sense restricting the Crest shuttle junkshow at the top but also ruins things for the handful of cars on a typical day hikers, hunters, big loop riders who mostly used spots lower down.
    BCC parking situation is definitely permafucked summer and winter. I bike Crest loops from the Spruces parking lot or from Cardiff which coincidentally are the only trailheads I bother with in the winter (along with Mineral and MillB down low), everything else up higher being such a shit show. Sounds like Spruces is going to be a problem this winter too so BCC might be down to 3 realistic options. Back in the day (last year) you could get up early and make it work but now you gotta pay to play. Race to the fucking bottom.

P. Gulch opening this afternoon was fun. Thanks Snowbird patrol! Was great and unexpected to get on something steep. I'm sure they are stoked to get traffic on it before the next storm. Had the cleanest hop turns down rat's nest I'll likely get all year!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0995.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	304778

Things are looking good for early December!

Nice snowaddict. I swallowed my pride and got an Ikon pass this year after being burned out on the shitshow last year, the early season days rallying chalk at the bird are what I will miss most, along with the surprise windbuff perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Another long shot but a couple of border collies are lost near Beaver Mtn after a ski tour last sunday. I dont think we have any mags up in cache valley but maybe a dog lover here has some time or gear to donate to the cause....

https://facebook.com/events/s/lost-d...6716764/?ti=as
    They have been found! Seen on facebook but wasn't able to pull the link.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    P. Gulch opening this afternoon was fun. Thanks Snowbird patrol! Was great and unexpected to get on something steep. I'm sure they are stoked to get traffic on it before the next storm. Had the cleanest hop turns down rat's nest I'll likely get all year!

Name:	IMG_0995.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	304778

Things are looking good for early December!
    Stoked the pooches were found! Big wow on Pdog opener! Seems early for peruvian and cirque but I could be wrong... good on SB Patrol strong work!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Stoked the pooches were found! Big wow on Pdog opener! Seems early for peruvian and cirque but I could be wrong... good on SB Patrol strong work!
    Definitely early. No cirque though, just the gulch, silver fox, and rat's nest. That ugly crown across the cirque is gonna take some time.

Boarder beasts found? That's way cool.

Tonight there was a celebration of life in Alta for a true LCC legend. One of the most stoked guys ever in this canyon. Well all miss you Alti.

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	304801

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Tonight there was a celebration of life in Alta for a true LCC legend. One of the most stoked guys ever in this canyon. Well all miss you Alti.

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	304801

Alti was the man. Had some struggles. Will be sadly missed. RIP Alti. You were Alta through and through.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Saw they had his picture on the Collins grease board on opening day. Wish I could have been there last night he was truly a legend. Maggots should figure out an Alta run to name in his honor.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Saw they had his picture on the Collins grease board on opening day. Wish I could have been there last night he was truly a legend. Maggots should figure out an Alta run to name in his honor.
    The High Al-Ti
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Overnight LCC closure, 2200-0800 tomorrow. Any reports on skiing this morning? Looks like some dense cream cheese on the menu.

Lotsa fog but the snow surface is good quality. 3" Snow in almost 0.4" water. A little more dense than what we're used to here. Gonna go for a walkabout after lunch.

Fog just got way worse...can't see Wildcat from GMD right now

claimed 4", skied more like 2. But I'll take it.

solid turns this week. saw a herd of elk on reynolds peak and along the ridge. dense 3" skied well yesterday despite the low vis

Name:	elk.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	305016

Name:	turns.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	305017

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	305018

Name:	rime.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	305021

^ that 3” was velvety and fast this morning in upper bcc

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    ^ that 3” was velvety and fast this morning in upper bcc
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    Agreed!

you up 10420 early? I ran into some folks on my second lap up, saw another solo headlamp up there too

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Walked Beartrap to Silver. Couple of laps over there and, in Full Alta Form, traversed to Beartrap Aspens. Thick bush on the exit. A little crusty E facing. Dry with loud pow surface hoar.

Dug a NE facing hole at 9400', 28° Slope angle.

HS 80cm
    12cm - CT6 quality 2 on top of November MF crust.
    12cm - ECTP. All the way through the elbow. Instead of whacking with a full arm, I dropped a Nalgene with 500mL water from 30cms. It broke on the 3rd of those. I'm curious which has a greater impact.

Shout out to the guy who was in search mode and didn't know it.
    Last edited by tBatt; 12-07-2019 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Walked Beartrap to Silver. Couple of laps over there and, in Full Alta Form, traversed to Beartrap Aspens. Thick bush on the exit. A little crusty E facing. Dry with loud pow surface hoar.

Dug a NE facing hole at 9400', 28° Slope angle.

HS 80cm
    12cm - CT6 quality 2 on top of November MF crust.
    12cm - ECTP. All the way through the elbow. Instead of whacking with a full arm, I dropped a Nalgene with 500mL water from 30cms. It broke on the 3rd of those. I'm curious which has a greater impact.

Shout out to the guy who was in search mode and didn't know it.
    So was he just beeping away thinking that's how it was supposed to work? Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    So was he just beeping away thinking that's how it was supposed to work? Wow.
    that's the 3 monkey technique … he's there but can't see … hear … ; how can he read instructions?
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

???? Anyone know how bad Snowbirds lot gets???

mostly able to ski weekend only >wondering if its a shitshow every weekend now..or only on pow days. I know I used to snake a spot at 1pm fairly easy up at Alta in the past

..lol,thinkin of getting a lift only pass
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    you up 10420 early? I ran into some folks on my second lap up, saw another solo headlamp up there too
    Not me. Was down canyon a little.

So far this season the lots haven’t been too busy. In a few weeks if you aren’t there by 9:00 you’ll be parking on the road. The Superior lot is closed while they build a new power plant, so even less parking this year.

I paid the $329 and park front row rock star style.

The Bird stretched out the terrain a bit today, Blackjack and Cheater Baldy opened and Little Cloud started loading. The full maze three rows around the building tram line mid morning was mildly irritating, thankfully it calmed down by noon. I do like the quietness of the Peruvian gulch without the lift disgorging a steady stream of participants.