Page 8 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Snowbird opener @ gadzoomer tan pant baby blue jacket fishsticks ask for changeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20191128_132405.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	304133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191129_090212.jpeg 
Views:	142 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	304134
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_781912792222844.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	304163

Ikonic opening day at solitude. 4 runs in 90 minutes.

(Photo was 10 minutes before opening) by the time we made our first run, the line went from moonbeam, to link, and doubled back all the way to moonbeam again.

Anyone care to speculate on why they unrestricted the canyon this morning, knowing the forecast was calling for more snow, then restricted it again this afternoon? Seems incredibly short-sighted to me.

You think they would have learned by now, especially with a foot predicted. TFW thanks for the hard work, will be up there tomorrow with Jtran and my lady, hoping to get some acerage but not expecting anything. Be safe.

two tone blue jacket, hop turtle sticker on the front of the helmet. ask for change.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Wow that was fun! Super stoked that my rebuilt landing gear worked and that they had lower wilbur ridge open. I think I only hit one rock. Or two. Good skien ya bobmc! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191129_105755.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	304173
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post

Name:	received_781912792222844.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	304163

Ikonic opening day at solitude. 4 runs in 90 minutes.

(Photo was 10 minutes before opening) by the time we made our first run, the line went from moonbeam, to link, and doubled back all the way to moonbeam again.
    Shit fuck that looks horrid. Gadzoom opened late but wasnt that busy. It was dumping when I came down @ 2
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Anyone care to speculate on why they unrestricted the canyon this morning, knowing the forecast was calling for more snow, then restricted it again this afternoon? Seems incredibly short-sighted to me.
    Spun out minivan in the up lane when I was headed down lcc. Didnt look like proper tires as best I could reckon as I crept past. I've seen this story before without enforcement you got nothing
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Shit fuck that looks horrid. Gadzoom opened late but wasnt that busy. It was dumping when I came down @ 2
    Looks like you just beat the clusterfuck. I got in my car at 2:30 and I’m just rounding the bend before Tanners Flat.

Skiing kicked ass though and it’s nuking now. Little man was all smiles all day too.

Name:	IMG_8878.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	304179

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Got to Alta at 1. One Collins, three Wildcats, no lines. Poor vis but the snow was good enough that it didn’t really matter. Brought the big nice skis out and did not regret it. 3:40 now and I’m sitting on the road above SB entry 1 for the last 40 mins.

REALLY good at Alta today though, limited terrain but full-on conditions.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 11-29-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Just got the text lcc closed due to wreck no estimated reopen. This is my surprised face
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    You think they would have learned by now, especially with a foot predicted. TFW thanks for the hard work, will be up there tomorrow with Jtran and my lady, hoping to get some acerage but not expecting anything. Be safe.

two tone blue jacket, hop turtle sticker on the front of the helmet. ask for change.
    This 1000x
    Currently waiting to get up lcc. Apparently it's closed to allow a Sisco Truck to turn around. Apparently it's a short term closure but no notification from UDOT. But why is a Sisco Truck going up lcc in this weather? The incompetence of road policies in the cottonwoods is absolutely astounding, even for a government bureaucracy.

Should be at alta tomorrow. Hellbents, pink pants, blue jacket, orange helmet. Ask for change.

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Yep. Sheriff and ambulance just went by headed down hill.

Heckuva opening day, but man we're gonna pay for it with this red snake.

@UDOTcottonwoods

#TrafficAlert: #LCCroad #SR210 There is a semi truck blocking the roadway at mile post 8, slide offs, and slow traffic. UPD will be closing uphill traffic into the canyon and downhill traffic after mile post 8 to clear the road.

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Yep. Sheriff and ambulance just went by headed down hill.
    Pretty sure the ambulance was for a kid my wife helped pull out of a tree well at Alta. Fortunately he was breathing...but not doing great. Really hope that ambulance can make it's way down alright. Nightmare scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    This 1000x
    Currently waiting to get up lcc. Apparently it's closed to allow a Sisco Truck to turn around. Apparently it's a short term closure but no notification from UDOT. But why is a Sisco Truck going up lcc in this weather? The incompetence of road policies in the cottonwoods is absolutely astounding, even for a government bureaucracy.

Should be at alta tomorrow. Hellbents, pink pants, blue jacket, orange helmet. Ask for change.
    They just turned us around(going uphill). They said it would be 2-3 hours before we could go up. Nevermind, cop just told us 5 minutes to go uphill.

Ambulance just went by going downhill so that's a good sign(at lcc park and ride).

Glad you all got some. I'm worried enough about getting across the valley to get home from work at this point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Pretty sure the ambulance was for a kid my wife helped pull out of a tree well at Alta. Fortunately he was breathing...but not doing great. Really hope that ambulance can make it's way down alright. Nightmare scenario.

Damn that IS a nightmare. Hope the little guy’s ok.

Good to hear they’re opening up the road. Another UDOT truck just went by going down.

Would it do anything if people complain about the lack of enforcement of canyon restrictions to upd and udot or should I keep the negativity to myself?

Stuck in the bcc shitshow and pretty salty right now even after the dope day of skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

LCC closed again a bus is stuck at stick rock LOL

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

jesus christ...ICON fucked up a good thing we had here
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

International airport, world class skiing, third world delivery.
    Every new inch of water helping slopes slide that would not the day before.
    Don't expect much expansion on the openings at the Alta until the weather backs off + one day.
    Seems like lots of mags up here today and tomorrow.
    Introduce selves to Jimmy; I need change.
    Sometimes seen with a black bitch in tow.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Chiming in live posting from the standstill. Left the Bird at 4:20, nowhere near the bottom of canyon yet.

I hear that 80 around parleys is a mess and may be closed. I am sitting at the airport waiting to get home, and my wife called and said that she’s not coming. Canyon transportation it is. I have a feeling that I will be sitting here for a while
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Chiming in live posting from the standstill. Left the Bird at 4:20, nowhere near the bottom of canyon yet.
    Yeah it's as bad as I've seen. Left GMD at 3:10 and just crept past Lisa's.

Word per UDOT is I80 eastbound is closed. Good luck Man.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

I left Alta around 3 and still haven’t got stick rock not at 615. At a standstill again. JFC