Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 2077
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,341
    Snowbird opener @ gadzoomer tan pant baby blue jacket fishsticks ask for changeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20191128_132405.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	304133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191129_090212.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	304134
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    675
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_781912792222844.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	304163

    Ikonic opening day at solitude. 4 runs in 90 minutes.

    (Photo was 10 minutes before opening) by the time we made our first run, the line went from moonbeam, to link, and doubled back all the way to moonbeam again.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,714
    Anyone care to speculate on why they unrestricted the canyon this morning, knowing the forecast was calling for more snow, then restricted it again this afternoon? Seems incredibly short-sighted to me.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,684
    You think they would have learned by now, especially with a foot predicted. TFW thanks for the hard work, will be up there tomorrow with Jtran and my lady, hoping to get some acerage but not expecting anything. Be safe.

    two tone blue jacket, hop turtle sticker on the front of the helmet. ask for change.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,341
    Wow that was fun! Super stoked that my rebuilt landing gear worked and that they had lower wilbur ridge open. I think I only hit one rock. Or two. Good skien ya bobmc! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191129_105755.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	304173
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_781912792222844.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	304163

    Ikonic opening day at solitude. 4 runs in 90 minutes.

    (Photo was 10 minutes before opening) by the time we made our first run, the line went from moonbeam, to link, and doubled back all the way to moonbeam again.
    Shit fuck that looks horrid. Gadzoom opened late but wasnt that busy. It was dumping when I came down @ 2
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Anyone care to speculate on why they unrestricted the canyon this morning, knowing the forecast was calling for more snow, then restricted it again this afternoon? Seems incredibly short-sighted to me.
    Spun out minivan in the up lane when I was headed down lcc. Didnt look like proper tires as best I could reckon as I crept past. I've seen this story before without enforcement you got nothing
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Shit fuck that looks horrid. Gadzoom opened late but wasnt that busy. It was dumping when I came down @ 2
    Looks like you just beat the clusterfuck. I got in my car at 2:30 and Iím just rounding the bend before Tanners Flat.

    Skiing kicked ass though and itís nuking now. Little man was all smiles all day too.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8878.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	304179

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of Brine Shrimp and Magic Underwear
    Posts
    6,044

    WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

    Got to Alta at 1. One Collins, three Wildcats, no lines. Poor vis but the snow was good enough that it didnít really matter. Brought the big nice skis out and did not regret it. 3:40 now and Iím sitting on the road above SB entry 1 for the last 40 mins.

    REALLY good at Alta today though, limited terrain but full-on conditions.
    Last edited by beaterdit; 11-29-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,341
    Just got the text lcc closed due to wreck no estimated reopen. This is my surprised face
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    You think they would have learned by now, especially with a foot predicted. TFW thanks for the hard work, will be up there tomorrow with Jtran and my lady, hoping to get some acerage but not expecting anything. Be safe.

    two tone blue jacket, hop turtle sticker on the front of the helmet. ask for change.
    This 1000x
    Currently waiting to get up lcc. Apparently it's closed to allow a Sisco Truck to turn around. Apparently it's a short term closure but no notification from UDOT. But why is a Sisco Truck going up lcc in this weather? The incompetence of road policies in the cottonwoods is absolutely astounding, even for a government bureaucracy.

    Should be at alta tomorrow. Hellbents, pink pants, blue jacket, orange helmet. Ask for change.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of Brine Shrimp and Magic Underwear
    Posts
    6,044
    Fuuuuuuuuuck.

    Yep. Sheriff and ambulance just went by headed down hill.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    517
    Heckuva opening day, but man we're gonna pay for it with this red snake.

    @UDOTcottonwoods

    #TrafficAlert: #LCCroad #SR210 There is a semi truck blocking the roadway at mile post 8, slide offs, and slow traffic. UPD will be closing uphill traffic into the canyon and downhill traffic after mile post 8 to clear the road.


    Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuck.

    Yep. Sheriff and ambulance just went by headed down hill.
    Pretty sure the ambulance was for a kid my wife helped pull out of a tree well at Alta. Fortunately he was breathing...but not doing great. Really hope that ambulance can make it's way down alright. Nightmare scenario.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    This 1000x
    Currently waiting to get up lcc. Apparently it's closed to allow a Sisco Truck to turn around. Apparently it's a short term closure but no notification from UDOT. But why is a Sisco Truck going up lcc in this weather? The incompetence of road policies in the cottonwoods is absolutely astounding, even for a government bureaucracy.

    Should be at alta tomorrow. Hellbents, pink pants, blue jacket, orange helmet. Ask for change.
    They just turned us around(going uphill). They said it would be 2-3 hours before we could go up. Nevermind, cop just told us 5 minutes to go uphill.

    Ambulance just went by going downhill so that's a good sign(at lcc park and ride).

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,714
    Glad you all got some. I'm worried enough about getting across the valley to get home from work at this point lol.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of Brine Shrimp and Magic Underwear
    Posts
    6,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Pretty sure the ambulance was for a kid my wife helped pull out of a tree well at Alta. Fortunately he was breathing...but not doing great. Really hope that ambulance can make it's way down alright. Nightmare scenario.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Damn that IS a nightmare. Hope the little guyís ok.

    Good to hear theyíre opening up the road. Another UDOT truck just went by going down.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    48
    Would it do anything if people complain about the lack of enforcement of canyon restrictions to upd and udot or should I keep the negativity to myself?

    Stuck in the bcc shitshow and pretty salty right now even after the dope day of skiing


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    412
    LCC closed again a bus is stuck at stick rock LOL

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    cottonwood heights
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Shit fuck that looks horrid. Gadzoom opened late but wasnt that busy. It was dumping when I came down @ 2

    jesus christ...ICON fucked up a good thing we had here
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    469
    International airport, world class skiing, third world delivery.
    Every new inch of water helping slopes slide that would not the day before.
    Don't expect much expansion on the openings at the Alta until the weather backs off + one day.
    Seems like lots of mags up here today and tomorrow.
    Introduce selves to Jimmy; I need change.
    Sometimes seen with a black bitch in tow.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    3,169
    Chiming in live posting from the standstill. Left the Bird at 4:20, nowhere near the bottom of canyon yet.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    9,357
    I hear that 80 around parleys is a mess and may be closed. I am sitting at the airport waiting to get home, and my wife called and said that sheís not coming. Canyon transportation it is. I have a feeling that I will be sitting here for a while
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Chiming in live posting from the standstill. Left the Bird at 4:20, nowhere near the bottom of canyon yet.
    Yeah it's as bad as I've seen. Left GMD at 3:10 and just crept past Lisa's.

    Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of Brine Shrimp and Magic Underwear
    Posts
    6,044
    Word per UDOT is I80 eastbound is closed. Good luck Man.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Chiming in live posting from the standstill. Left the Bird at 4:20, nowhere near the bottom of canyon yet.

    I left Alta around 3 and still havenít got stick rock not at 615. At a standstill again. JFC
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •