Page 79 of 132 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 3295
    PSA: Buses are running summer schedules and wear sunscreen.

Knock on wood, no call outs on either kooks or core.
    Here's to the same with the coming snow...
    Wish my bod allowed more freedom this spring...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    This guy has been riding around illegally behind my neighborhood to get his moto up to 10420. I haven’t seen it parked at any residence yet though. Seems that the moto off road rules are being ignored on the reg this season.

Not sure of next step but it’s annoying to have the brappers tracking up areas where they are not technically allowed to ride, creating noise pollution, etc.
    Blue bike, I think he had red on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Wow, they are fast.

"We'll be reevaluating later this week.
    Thank you for your patience. "
    So I got an email saying they are breaking down the mtn and will let us know when uphill is allowed. Soon but be patient since patrol has to make sure the pow is good first. I mean safe

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200324-01.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	904.8 KB 
ID:	322043

got the angry inch overnight, but tonight's looking better...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    got the angry inch overnight, but tonight's looking better...
    ^^ sure is.

Name:	reynolds.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	322051

Alta closing to uphill tonight and unlikely to reopen tomorrow.

LCC also closing tonight at 8pm with no reopening estimated.

Turns were soft this afternoon and its about to get a lot deeper out there.

Definitely good turns to de had. Managed to kick off some decent sized (20-30’ wide) slabs of graupel that was pooling below cliffs in the castle. Isolated problem, the spindrift of graupel off the cliffs was impressive to watch. Also found some fresh cornices that were more reactive than anticipated. Both isolated slabs and cornices failed to propagate large slides. Slabs failed on top of what appeared to be yesterday’s snow but also had a secondary layer a weakness in the slab itself

^agree with the above about the good but more touchy conditions than expected this afternoon. Went up for a quick post work lap of Eddie's and had some great turns. Steeper stuff was sluffing but was moving at a snail's pace so was easy to manage.

Name:	20200324_174127.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	322112

Swing n a miss.

Name:	20200325-03.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	322171

slow sluffs and fast pow

quiet in upper silver fork with lcc closure. sluffs a little faster on steeper slopes but easily outrun. some pretty sweet turns.

Name:	flanagans.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	314.3 KB 
ID:	322202

After everything that's gone down since Tom Calamari visited, I'd call today a top 5 day of the season.

Name:	20200325_143610.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	322235

Glad y'all found some soft turns today! Wish I could of made it out but had to do some adulting this afternoon.

Let's hope tonight's round comes in good and heavy, I want snow on the valley floor!

Here's a big SHOUT OUT to Skimo and also a shout out to Black Diamond. I presume nearly all of you bc skiers and boarders are familiar with Skimo as a good place to shop or have work done. But, if not, or if you've only been there a couple of times as I have, here's an example of why you might want to patronize them.

Monday afternoon I was almost in upper White Pine (which was deserted; in 3 1.2 hours I saw 6 other skiers, all of them between the trail junction and the bridge) as far as the bottom of the gully that leads up from the creek to Boulder Basin. After one of my turns I realized my left ski binding (Dynafit Speed Radical) was in climbing mode, not skiing mode. I wondered how in the world could that happen until I looked at the binding and saw the entire top half had broken and fallen off. So, when I got home I called Black Diamond because I had bough the bindings there 4 years ago (now 2 years past the end of the warranty period), and because I heard that Skimo (my first choice to get a replacement binding) was closed. BD told me they could sell me a whole new pair (2 toes + 2 heels) and replace the broken heel for only $400 plus the mounting fee plus sales tax. But, the BD sales clerk was very helpful and suggested I call Skimo because they are an authorized Dynafit dealer, have spare parts and sell single parts, and he was pretty sure I could still buy online from them. He was right! I called Skimo, found out I could order a single replacement heel for about $125 including tax. I ordered the heel binding and picked it up within a couple of hours (probably could have got it even sooner). Before buying from Skimo I check with BD to make sure they would mount a binding bought from another store, and, of course (as I expected), they said sure. I went straight from Skimo (only about 15 minutes for my home in Sandy) to BD, and dropped off my heel binding, skis, and a boot about 4:30 PM Tuesday 3/24. They told me I could probably pick things up by mid afternoon the next day. But, I guess business is a bit slow now, and I got a call at 6 PM (an hour before they close) to tell me my skis and bindings were ready to pick up. So, my binding broke about 2:40 PM Monday afternoon, and I could have picked up my skis with the replaced binding from BD between 6 and 7 PM Tuesday, about 27-28 hours after it broke. If on Monday afternoon I had known I could buy the heel binding at Skimo and then take my stuff to BD that same afternoon, I could have probably had my kit repaired and ready to use by mid day yesterday, maybe less than 24 hours after the binding broke.

Earlier this winter I had a small retainer piece that holds the binding in climbing position break off on my Dynafit heel binding, and Skimo had the part. They charged me $21 for the parts (I had to buy 2) and nothing for replacing the old broken one with the new one (which required removing the whole heel piece). Their technician did the replacement in less than 5 minutes while I waited.

So, I recommend that you patronize Skimo, especially if you just have one broken part and don't want to pay 4 times as much to buy a whole new set. Black Diamond, of course, is always very accommodating and usually gives fast service. But, because they are not an authorized Dynafit dealer, they don't sell individual parts. Lots of dealers sell individual parts online like Skimo does. But, none of them can beat a one hour or so delivery time like when you order from Skimo and go to the store for pickup.

Oh yeah, it is true that Skimo is closed for retail business during the Coronavirus shut down. But, when you order online and go to their store for your pickup, you just call them for the parking lot or knock on the door, and some one opens the door and hands you your item, no physical contact involved except for the person(s) who stocked your order. BD is still open as of this afternoon for all sales and services. When I was there I did not have to touch anything inside the store and the clerk did not even take my credit card (I slid it myself), though I did use their pen to sign (but I was wearing gloves). When I talked to some of their sales people while waiting, they stood well back and kept a safe distance away.

Been pretty obsessed w pow surfing the last week...Shuttling sled laps on Guardsmans with the quiver last week

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	618.5 KB 
ID:	322256
    making the most outta the soft turns and low angle

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	838.5 KB 
ID:	322257
    Milli lap last weekend

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	610.1 KB 
ID:	322260

Today up above White Pine...just go in the opposite direction as everyone else...lappin this zone to my self.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	693.8 KB 
ID:	322262
    Turns were deeeeep! Surf if definitely up!

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	582.5 KB 
ID:	322263

Nice to get back in the whiteroom, it's been a little while

Emma's were good for a one and done tonight after a long day in the office. Glad to see the team is still getting the goods. Crazy how snow in your face makes things seem not so bad for a couple minutes
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Snowing straight down and hard.
    Should be good on all exposures.
    Give your sluffs / slides a passing lane on the steeps!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Looks like 28 at powder and 35 (?) at snowbasin!

https://forecast.weather.gov/product...LC&product=PNS

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Nice to get back in the whiteroom, it's been a little while
    ^^ sweet pict. super floaty this morning

Name:	into-honeycomb.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	382.1 KB 
ID:	322340

It was nuking hard in BCC when I got in there around 6 this morning. The plow hadn't come down yet, saw a couple car breaking trail in the downhill lane. There were already 10 cars at Cardiff and a nice double wide skinner to follow. I thought it was mallwalker's but the lazy shit decided to stay in bed instead of doing community service and opening it up for the hordes.

About 12" of new snow at the trailhead and 18" at 9500, nicely settled from yesterday with about 4" of fluff on top, rightside up. Trailbreaking was about as good as it gets considering the depth but I'd have been happy for a partner or 4 to take pulls. Trenching is hell on the hip flexors, especially when you still get to slide around on the underlying crust.

Name:	IMG_20200326_074606.jpg 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	322352

Everything was welded and I could barely get sluffs moving on steep NW faces despite the stout sun crust at the bottom. The skiing was all-time and I got reacquainted with the white room. Long sections of blind skiing were had trying to peer through the wave of fluff floating in front of me. Which led me to clip the ONE FUCKING ROCK still exposed in the entire range...

Name:	IMG_20200326_083159.jpg 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	322351

Sun was peeking through when I left around 11 and anything it kissed instantly turned to mank.

Another fantastic day out there! Seems like 99% of Wasatch tourers believe Grizzly/PP3/USA bowl are the only places that are safe. I'm ok with that if it means those of us willing to think a bit creatively can have the rest.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200326_123057.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	322377

There's other places to tour???

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    There's other places to tour???
    I mean I guess there's emma ridge but I heard that's pretty advanced terrain