Page 44 of 132 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Thanks to all for the consistent stoke this thread supplies. You have no idea how it serves those of us who live far from snow.

I’ll be in SLC next week skiing or one planking Wed-Sat with some friends. Coming from east coast so only ski I own is a Brahma, less than ideal for hopefully what I’ll be encountering out there. Recommendations for powder ski demos, especially any of the smaller brands popular on this forum? (Honestly anything above 100mm waste is fat compared to what I normally ride). Doubt anyone would want to temporarily swap with what I have but it’s a 2016 180 Brahma mounted for 306bsl on the line w/ griffons, so decent range of bsls could fit. Also would be happy to financially compensate anyone willing to loan out one of said harder to find brands. Any and all help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    i got a few pair of skis sitting in a buddys garage just near the mouth of LCC. Could probably arrange to have them left outside a garage if BSL fits... both skis mounted for about 328bsl and have some range in both directions. I'd imagine about 1 boot size either way.

rocker 2 115
    blizzard cochise 185 2nd year.

send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Probably saw you in Beartrap last night, and yea south facing was the suck, but we managed to get some goods on the west aspects as well. It was nice to get on some Wasatch snow (here for work and manged to sneak out for a quick tour) now back to Colorado.

Were you the headlamp we saw on top of the Cone at around 5:50 PM? We looked across and saw you up there!!

Found a pair of gloves in BCC on Monday in the middle of the road nearish to Spurces. PM with details if they are yours.

-Z
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Were you the headlamp we saw on top of the Cone at around 5:50 PM? We looked across and saw you up there!!
    I bet I was, that sounds about right. Was running a little late getting out, my meetings ran longer than I was hoping.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Skied S face Superior via Turkey today. 9 am put in 11:30 am drop. Kept looking for reasons to turn around. Winds gusting 50+mph on Baldy being the biggest red flag.

Cardiff pass and Two Trees had fairly sensitive cornices. Stepping out to the cornice face produced small fractures and a couple that broke 4-6" deep, 20' wide and only ran 10' vertical. Winds calmed down and snow felt a little less wind affected as we got to the top. Ski cut the top at least five traverses worth before committing and dropping it.

Old slide observed mid slope. Must've been pretty spooky considering it showered over the rock band. Medium density snow that skied pretty well. A bit of bottom feeding on the old ice crust.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    Thanks to all for the consistent stoke this thread supplies. You have no idea how it serves those of us who live far from snow.

I’ll be in SLC next week skiing or one planking Wed-Sat with some friends. Coming from east coast so only ski I own is a Brahma, less than ideal for hopefully what I’ll be encountering out there. Recommendations for powder ski demos, especially any of the smaller brands popular on this forum? (Honestly anything above 100mm waste is fat compared to what I normally ride). Doubt anyone would want to temporarily swap with what I have but it’s a 2016 180 Brahma mounted for 306bsl on the line w/ griffons, so decent range of bsls could fit. Also would be happy to financially compensate anyone willing to loan out one of said harder to find brands. Any and all help appreciated.

I have a pair of Moment Meridian 117s 187 with demo mnc binders if you are interested sent me a message.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    whats goin on telee
    well yeah a hudge backcountry pow skier
    And a hudge backcountry flyfisherman
    Compete with backcountry flyflingin skiff
    Oh I approve of such things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SavedImage_0130201300b(1)~2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1,012.3 KB 
ID:	313167
    Was hoping the storm woulda came in sooner up north or less rhimey with sum vis
    Spent the morn low mountian powder country
    A quick booster out to that far ridge and a sweet k of dream creams switch to the road pow country styles

Name:	SavedImage_0130201249f(2).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	313173
    Ate a snickers and skied one in Woodrow world
    Cause that how the woody one would have wanted ya too do that things
    Rip buddy
    It's people like you who made that place have the best vibe in the satch
    Still does
    Bout nooners a few breaks started to appear and I skinned to win a few off the lighting ridge
    With a few sfd athlete photo slut ops in b tweens
    Sheldon says byct the cc's
    And git sum bitches

Name:	SavedImage_0130201347b~2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	313176
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^thats the way to do it, nice. Looks like furball dug it and glad you got out

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I missed my local guide
    Ski ya Tues or weds
    It's a #vibething
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Skied S face Superior via Turkey today. 9 am put in 11:30 am drop. Kept looking for reasons to turn around. Winds gusting 50+mph on Baldy being the biggest red flag.

Cardiff pass and Two Trees had fairly sensitive cornices. Stepping out to the cornice face produced small fractures and a couple that broke 4-6" deep, 20' wide and only ran 10' vertical. Winds calmed down and snow felt a little less wind affected as we got to the top. Ski cut the top at least five traverses worth before committing and dropping it.

Old slide observed mid slope. Must've been pretty spooky considering it showered over the rock band. Medium density snow that skied pretty well. A bit of bottom feeding on the old ice crust.
    Better to be lucky than good, I guess.

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanche/51159

Name:	20200131-01.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	313197

Name:	20200131-02.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	313198

pretty morning in the pen

Name:	20200131-03.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	668.1 KB 
ID:	313199

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Better to be lucky than good, I guess.

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanche/51159
    yikes

A nice morning indeed

Awful lot of people skiing Superior. We kept walking and had MC to ourselves, no people or signs of recent tracks.
    Last edited by dfinn; 01-31-2020 at 01:05 PM.

yeah the train up Sup was long this morning... glad you found a better option as well

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A nice morning indeed
    Awful lot of people skiing Superior. We walked just a bit more and had MC to ourselves, no people or signs of recent tracks.
    Great sunrise shots!! The light show has been amazing these past few days. The NW triangle face of Lone Peak was catching the sunset out of a sea of clouds last night when I left work, almost drove myself off the road gaping at it...

How's the MC sneak filling in so far?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    yeah the train up Sup was long this morning... glad you found a better option as well
    People are looking for more wind slabs to pop uh?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    whats goin on telee
    well yeah a hudge backcountry pow skier
    And a hudge backcountry flyfisherman
    Compete with backcountry flyflingin skiff
    Oh I approve of such things
    Whats up Dibs, one of these trips when I have a little time I will have to look you up, its been a while! It felt good to climb around the old stomping grounds a little.

That Superior slide gave me the heeby jeebys! I remember back in the day we didn't even think about getting on Superior until late March. Be safe out there kids, there is a bunch of you on this thread I happen to like and want to ski/fish/bike with you again, hard to do if you are napping in the dirt!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Yesterday must have been the most tracks on there that I've ever seen. It's basically side country now it seems. Bummed I missed ya, had just gotten back into town from a work trip. Let me know next time you're headed this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    How's the MC sneak filling in so far?
    Found a couple sharks hiding just under the surface but mostly pretty filled in except for a choke point lower down.

Decided to not be lazy and hike out to the far wall for the Castle opener, was glad I did.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200131_112357.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	313266

BTW sure seems like the Ikon pass has increased the timing and number of beater traverses going in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    BTW sure seems like the Ikon pass has increased the timing and number of beater traverses going in.
    Idk if Ikon can be blamed for this, and I don't really care where the skinners go in Alta north, but this group breaking a 3rd/4th way to Flagstaff from Cardiff/Toledo did make me / my buddy lol this morning. Guess they just wanted the extra exercise!

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	313270

You had to look pretty hard to find a place that didn't already have a skinner going exactly where you wanted to go this morning. Different strokes I guess lol

Maybe Alta needs to make another video like the one they made about how to ski downhill but for skin tracks.

Since we're on the subject, this was in Miserable Basin the other day. Like what in the actual fuck people! This isn't Alta!

Name:	IMG_1221.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	306.5 KB 
ID:	313272

Name:  sideways.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  79.0 KB

e: probably gonna be somewhere (wife's choice) inbounds tomorrow. if it's LCC I'll holler atcha ty. otherwise look for the guy who can't tele but is trying anyway, white G3s, yellow pants black jacket
    Last edited by mall walker; 01-31-2020 at 05:34 PM.

the wife and i will be at alta headed to rocky point /sunset
    if i see ya ill drop some weed but not knee
    i assume know what my ski tips look like
    cause i like to put them in each ob
    its a spansered brand ambassador thing

I’ll know those skis if I see em...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post

e: probably gonna be somewhere (wife's choice) inbounds tomorrow. if it's LCC I'll holler atcha ty. otherwise look for the guy who can't tele but is trying anyway, white G3s, yellow pants black jacket
    Gotta work tomorrow then catching a flight to Maui first thing Sunday morning. Storm cycle appears to be lining up perfectly for my departure.