Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1562
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    2,643
    Bro. I think you are trying to text someone but actually posting on TGR. 2nd thread with incoherent nonsense.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,747
    it's warm and wet out there. rime in places ~9k', and an audible crust that didn't noticeably affect skiing quality.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200123-01.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	311981

    and yeah idk wtf that byates guy is talking about either

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    434
    Snowboarder snow, but skiers can have fun with it too I guess

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    298
    Well how's the weekend looking? I'm flying in Sat and heading up to Brighton. Then spending sun/Mon at snowbird.. AccuWeather is saying anywhere from 1-3 to 4-8 Sunday night...

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,747
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Well how's the weekend looking? I'm flying in Sat and heading up to Brighton. Then spending sun/Mon at snowbird.. AccuWeather is saying anywhere from 1-3 to 4-8 Sunday night...
    coverage generally is really good. it won't be an epic storm weekend but still could have some soft turns

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naefs-20200123.gif 
Views:	119 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	312025

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ADKs & Good parts of JerZ
    Posts
    379
    Heading to PowMow Monday - hoping for some new snow. Looking promising at the moment. Snowbird next Friday as well. Looks like a descent week weather wise so far.

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    76
    They are calling it a Dirty Ridge, and it should stay in place through next week. No major storms, but hopefully they keep squeezing more snow than expected out of the weak disturbances that keep coming through, especially in LCC (as usual). Have fun!

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    1,804
    Has anyone seen a snowcat used for guided tours in Cardiff?

    A snowcat (Inspired Summit Adventures?) drove up the summer road past George's and at about the same time there was a group of tourons struggling on the skin track. Maybe it's a thing, but I've never seen a snowcat chew up the summer road/Cardiff approach before today.

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,747
    ^ snowmobiles are pretty common, iirc the clan that owns the old mining plot below the tube gets all george zimmerman stand your ground on the weekends... not heard of a cat though

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    i don't spend a lot of time in upper Cardiff
    the struggling skin track tourons do and I doubt my buddy drove em there with his cat
    clyde and his clan are cool to me and I wear hoodies
    maybe yur doin it wrong
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,747
    haha I never had a good or bad encounter, just have heard tell. upper cardiff isn't my haunt either

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I doubt my buddy drove em there with his cat
    Does your buddy's cat have a "Montana" sticker on the drivers side door?


    FWIW, I had a friendly encounter with one of the clan when he was chilling in his little hut up by the mine ruins, but I've heard stories about those guys highmarking above skiers in Cardiac bowl until the Forest Service intervened.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 01-23-2020 at 07:38 PM.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    beats me I rode in the back
    I know hes not doing guided tours
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    coverage generally is really good. it won't be an epic storm weekend but still could have some soft turns

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naefs-20200123.gif 
Views:	119 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	312025
    Well that not too bad I guess.... I'm down for some turns if anyone's interested

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #990
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    clyde and his clan are cool to me and I wear hoodies
    maybe yur doin it wrong
    umm come on dibs, you're kidding right? these assholes have been fucking w people in cardiff for longer than mallwalker has been skiing. yeah, you're friends w them, but they are well known for douching up that entire zone, while they <allegedly> ride their machines illegally i might add.

  16. #991
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Drinkin on Lincoln
    Posts
    29
    The Cardiff conflicts have subsided and most of the land owners (patented claims) are on the same page. This has led to some permissive motorized activity (same as it ever was) but it hasn't been an issue now that the hassling of backcountry skiers/boarders has stopped. The snowcat is getting some attention and motorized use runs the risk of being limited to access easements and property boundaries if things get out of hand. All of these old mining claims are postage stamps in the drainage so it would be tough to keep a guided operation off of FS, SLC, or Snowbird land where permits or operational agreements would be needed.

  17. #992
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,541
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Well that not too bad I guess.... I'm down for some turns if anyone's interested

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I'll likely be around the Bird Monday if you want to take some laps.

  18. #993
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    umm come on dibs, you're kidding right? these assholes have been fucking w people in cardiff for longer than mallwalker has been skiing. yeah, you're friends w them, but they are well known for douching up that entire zone, while they <allegedly> ride their machines illegally i might add.
    aint my job to enforce traction laws, dogs in the watershed or unauthorized use of motorized vehicles
    maybe ask the not so straight chuting mclames to steal their stuff if you don't like what their doing
    im over it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  19. #994
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    Tc says he can't log in no more
    But he sent me sum stokes to share
    Name:  2146.jpeg
Views: 674
Size:  127.6 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2152~2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	540.5 KB 
ID:	312103
    Name:  2144.jpeg
Views: 670
Size:  120.0 KB
    Name:  2143.jpeg
Views: 670
Size:  156.3 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2138.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	818.8 KB 
ID:	312106Name:  2145.jpeg
Views: 664
Size:  92.9 KB
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  20. #995
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    and hed like to thank the l9 for comp passes and other spansers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2606.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	803.2 KB 
ID:	312110
    Last edited by skifishbum; 01-24-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  21. #996
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    ADKs & Good parts of JerZ
    Posts
    379
    Looking for some discount tix again for this Monday at powmow and next Friday at snowbird. Any recommendations?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #997
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,132
    S facing 8-9500k BCC skied surprisingly great last night at sunset. Direct south lower down felt a crust, but nothing too bad. Would imagine S facing will still be good tomorrow with the clouds and snow today.

  23. #998
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    Looking for some discount tix again for this Monday at powmow and next Friday at snowbird. Any recommendations?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pm sent


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (24/32)

  24. #999
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,078
    Went over to the OC to ski what's up
    Did a few
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SavedImage_0124201131b(2)~2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	312237
    Props to the bird
    Ain't sure what happened to sillytudes park
    hooked up with tfw and the black girl
    tounges out for freshies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2623 (2).jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	664.6 KB 
ID:	312239
    that girl can run
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2654 (2).jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	549.4 KB 
ID:	312240
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2800 (2).JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	364.8 KB 
ID:	312241
    thanks fer sharing turns and the history lessons from the oc 2 me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2649 (2).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	472.0 KB 
ID:	312242
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2633.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	550.7 KB 
ID:	312243
    and mont guy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2634.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	702.3 KB 
ID:	312244
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  25. #1000
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    the LCC
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Went over to the OC to ski what's up
    Did a few
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SavedImage_0124201131b(2)~2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	312237
    Props to the bird
    Ain't sure what happened to sillytudes park
    hooked up with tfw and the black girl
    tounges out for freshies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2623 (2).jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	664.6 KB 
ID:	312239
    that girl can run
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2654 (2).jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	549.4 KB 
ID:	312240
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2800 (2).JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	364.8 KB 
ID:	312241
    thanks fer sharing turns and the history lessons from the oc 2 me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2649 (2).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	472.0 KB 
ID:	312242
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2633.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	550.7 KB 
ID:	312243
    and mont guy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2634.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	702.3 KB 
ID:	312244
    Nice skiing ya brother.
    Hope my bod let's me walk uphill w you this winter.
    That black girl is a real bitch, eh?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •