Page 27 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCUTAH View Post
    There are two publicly available automated snow stakes in little cottonwood, the Alta Collins study plot at 9662' and the Snowbird snotel site at 9177'. I do know of two automated snow stakes at Snowbird (one at the top of Gad 2 and one at the bottom of the Upper Silver Fox run) not available to the public, they may have others. Link the a 30 ish hr time lapse of the Snowbird snowstake cam at the top of Gad 2 makes the 8" report today very suspicious!

When I forecasted the weather for Weathernet our main contract in Utah was UDOT, I would forecast snow for the UDOT snow safety group in the cottonwoods. I have looked at all available snowfall information for the last 30+ years in little cottonwood in addition to skiing in the canyon for 30+ years. Snowbird snow reports just don't add up in recent years, I did not notice this back in the 80's,90's, 00's but have for the last several years.
    you should probably hit their twitter and tell them exactely how you feel.
    Or call 8019332222 and ask the person who answeres where they get their numbers from
    Cause that is the person updating the website.
    or spend your capitalistic ski dollars at Alta who is honest injun on their sno reporting

If they can't speak the truth about their sno totals, who knows what other nefarious things snowbird is up too....

FKNA JTRUE!
    A little clearer shot of the bottom of that burn scar and I will be able to decipher where it is!
    Last edited by happytimefunbox; 01-06-2020 at 12:42 PM. Reason: more words
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Fun day in UC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using TGR Forums mobile app
    A pole-planting snowboarder is one of the kookiest things I have seen in a long, long time. What's his reason for poles?

Looks like fun though.

Idk if it was 4 or 8 but Alta skied great this morning
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200106_112434.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	309371

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    A pole-planting snowboarder is one of the kookiest things I have seen in a long, long time. What's his reason for poles?

Looks like fun though.
    better than jazz hands
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Idk if it was 4 or 8 but Alta skied great this morning
    Eddie's skied very well. Better than the shoulder, I thought.

Skier leaves Alta ski area over Catherine's pass with a shovel, beacon, probe, and skins. Called for a rescue right around closing time. Got lost? That's a pretty special one.

Quote Originally Posted by me40b7 View Post
    Found it... sr210gear dot com
    seems like someone just printing basic hoodies. hmm
    sr210 gear is a copycat, idea stealing pos. Anyone who's been skiing the bird for any amount of time knows who and where to get 210 stickers, hats, and hoodies from and if you don't already know you're not worthy anyway. If you show up at the bird wearing that counterfeit crap everyone will know you're a poser. This is like someone showing up in Jackson and selling Jackson Hole Air Force patches to every touron with a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Lahey View Post
    sr210 gear is a copycat, idea stealing pos. Anyone who's been skiing the bird for any amount of time knows who and where to get 210 stickers, hats, and hoodies from and if you don't already know you're not worthy anyway. If you show up at the bird wearing that counterfeit crap everyone will know you're a poser. This is like someone showing up in Jackson and selling Jackson Hole Air Force patches to every touron with a credit card.
    210>190
    #fakenews
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

zipper crust on blue bunny was all time yesterday at noon

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Looks like fun though.
    His forward angles, the fact that he skis as well, and he's too lazy to put the poles away for the descent.

Lol ain't this some elitist Bs? You must be core brah

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Beautiful day today, uncannily quiet too.

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Beautiful day today, uncannily quiet too.

Clay, more pole planting please and thank you.

This is like someone showing up in Jackson and selling Jackson Hole Air Force patches to every touron with a credit card.
    For the record, this is not a 'real life' example. That shit does not happen.

That is all.

the levitation project never levitated shit either
    ftr

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    For the record, this is not a 'real life' example. That shit does not happen.

That is all.
    So you're saying there is a business opportunity there? Send over a digital file and I'll get some patches made up.

Not sure if it was 4 or 8 at the Bird today but it was great. If there's fresh snow on the report just go skiing and you probably won't be disappointed. Wish I could get the damn pic uploader to work right on my phone though.

damn. That sucks... So your saying you gotta be special to get it? what about if I ski at alta? Idk where to get it but want a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by me40b7 View Post
    damn. That sucks... So your saying you gotta be special to get it? what about if I ski at alta? Idk where to get it but want a real one.
    I'd imagine you're not gnar enough brah. Sounds like they're like hell angels patches. Gotta earn it.

Bet Lahey has a closet full.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Its not even that original lol. Took a street sign and put it on a hoodie. its been done with Route 66. turns out all street signs are public domain. Anyone know where I could get a Hells angel and JhAF patch while i'm at it? I got a new 900$ Arc'tyrx Jacket I need to spice up before my Powderbirds heli ski of superior.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60006387171__5D323FCF-501E-4A0D-B2C2-397EADF37ED0.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	309453

My sticker collection has no beehives, but I’m gonna slather the AF one on my skis and go to Jackson and tell tales.

Skihive

The bimmer needs a rocket box
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'd imagine you're not gnar enough brah. Sounds like they're like hell angels patches. Gotta earn it.

Bet Lahey has a closet full.
    Are you butthurt because you're the expert on all things Utah but you don't know who or where?

Do you even live in Utah?
    Do you even ski?

Are you butthurt because you're the expert on all things Utah but you don't know who or where?

Do you even ski?
    This muthafuken Jong is Coldblooded!!!!!

This calls for a ski off.
    Top of Sunnyside next Tuesday at 3PM
    First to the bottom of Crooked Mile wins
    Last edited by happytimefunbox; 01-07-2020 at 08:55 AM. Reason: more smileys-bring back the fucking tags!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Do you even ski?
    I dont live in Utah anymore, but sure did.
    I try to ski.....im surely not as core as you since I never got invited to get a hwy 210 sweatshirt...

Dilly! What’s up man? I remember when you first started printing the Beehive 210 t-shirts and hats and selling them out of the P-Dog ski shop like 15-20 years ago! Hope everything s going well with you, hugs to the family...