Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Currently pretty empty at Alta, but maybe everyone is just in for lunch.

Just skied a South face Superior. Had better.
    My my aren't we picky for December!

I missed the rope drop.
    When did they open it?
    Moguls already.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	307763

Quick lunch break ski out of white pine, nice day, soft snow, not nearly as busy as I thought it would be, they must all be returning things.
    Last edited by dfinn; 12-26-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Santa delivering the goods

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Did Brighton's management team just wake up from a multi year coma and realize they have a parking problem? They couldn't have implemented this at the start of the season? They couldn't have announced this last spring before passes went on sale? They couldn't have given people a couple of weeks notice instead of a few days? They couldn't offer any support to help people rideshare?

I suppose I should be happy they're not charging, but this seems like it fails Customer Service 101 in several ways. I'm a passholder and didn't even get an email about this. Most of the time it's just the kid and I so this could be tough at times.

I’m kinda digging the 3-7 inch storms instead of the rally the valley 20 inchers. I’ll take walk on trams all day with comfortable amounts of snow over triple maze outside full maze inside silly snow days.

Let it snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Did Brighton's management team just wake up from a multi year coma and realize they have a parking problem? They couldn't have implemented this at the start of the season? They couldn't have announced this last spring before passes went on sale? They couldn't have given people a couple of weeks notice instead of a few days? They couldn't offer any support to help people rideshare?

I suppose I should be happy they're not charging, but this seems like it fails Customer Service 101 in several ways. I'm a passholder and didn't even get an email about this. Most of the time it's just the kid and I so this could be tough at times.
    Speaking of customer service, or more like shitty management, I noticed this week Solitude lockers are $10-20 a day. And they are not friendly to bags being left near the lockers with signs saying so and slanted locker-tops to avoid bags on top. Point is, if they cared about less cars in the canyon, they'd make cheap lockers available and places to store a small bag for free. Make it easy to ride the bus, Solitude. No young family of 4 is taking the bus and paying for a 10-20 locker for their kids snacks, diapers, shoes etc when they can park for 5 bucks.

Unless i'm completely missing a place at Solitude where you can put your shit for free...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Speaking of customer service, or more like shitty management, I noticed this week Solitude lockers are $10-20 a day. And they are not friendly to bags being left near the lockers with signs saying so and slanted locker-tops to avoid bags on top. Point is, if they cared about less cars in the canyon, they'd make cheap lockers available and places to store a small bag for free. Make it easy to ride the bus, Solitude. No young family of 4 is taking the bus and paying for a 10-20 locker for their kids snacks, diapers, shoes etc when they can park for 5 bucks.

Unless i'm completely missing a place at Solitude where you can put your shit for free...
    Yeah that's super lame and more proof this whole thing is mostly a money grab.

If I was a betting man I'd say this is our last year of free parking in the Cottonwoods.

They’re going to use this overcrowding thing as a reason to extract as much profit as they can.

I highly recommend not skiing at any of the cottonwood resorts or any resorts if you’re bothered by ski resorts making money and paying employees. Mt superior thru the Emma’s was more tracked out than devils castle today. 5 different skin tracks from flag to davenport. Is Ikon ruining the backcountry too? Or is that backcountry.com’s fault? Maybe too much internet stoke promoting the masses to get out there? Conditions have been great this year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    They’re going to use this overcrowding thing as a reason to extract as much profit as they can.
    from the people who they can extract profit from
    its like roos bro says about the whippy stick
    "I love skiing so much
    I wish it would die"
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Maybe too much internet stoke promoting the masses to get out there?
    thanks fer not being part of that
    errrr problem.

Sheldon says boycott the cottonwoods
    the watershed things another scam weve been sold on

Name:	IMG_7089 (2).jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	307808
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

They’re going to use this global warming thing as a reason to extract as much profit as they can.
    Can't really blame the resorts, as much as it pisses off the average skier. Resort operators know the jig is up by the end of this century, if not much sooner, so get that money while you still can. That's the American way. Why do you hate America?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Sheldon says boycott the cottonwoods
    the watershed things another scam weve been sold on

Name:	IMG_7089 (2).jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	906.1 KB 
ID:	307808
    I see what you are doing here.
    Antlered animals are exempt from watershed restrictions.
    Nice disguise Sheldon!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The best use of available funds to reduce pollution is spending hundreds of millions in LCC / BCC when I-15 's daily traffic count is 240,000 per day, every day.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Actually it's the pow mows parking lot
    And we found a dog friendly b&b in parawon this weekend and were headed south
    Maybe a point of eagles stop and I've yet to ski the bhead
    This is the year I ski em all
    I'll be by to ski you and the black god
    And lemme know when you wanna.goshred the cherry peak sik gnars
    Thanks to all you ski PO PO cats, dogs and everyone that works to make our bullwheels at world class ski resorts spin
    Cheers of new years
    Oh yeah sure he's a dog but he feels it's okay to identify himself as a deer and shouldn't be punished
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hey folks I'm looking for a dude named Bret or someone that can get me in touch with him. It sounds like he skies in millcreek a lot. A bit on the older side, glasses, drives a 2016-18 outback with a uac sticker on the lower right corner of his rear windshield. He gave me a ride down millcreek from bouman last Friday and I left my bd guide gloves in his trunk. I'd love to get them back. Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.

Quote Originally Posted by myskishaveboobs View Post
    Hey folks I'm looking for a dude named Bret or someone that can get me in touch with him. It sounds like he skies in millcreek a lot. A bit on the older side, glasses, drives a 2016-18 outback with a uac sticker on the lower right corner of his rear windshield. He gave me a ride down millcreek from bouman last Friday and I left my bd guide gloves in his trunk. I'd love to get them back. Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.
    thought I saw a post about this on the utah bc FB group...maybe you were the one that posted this same info though?

edit: looks like someone on that FB group pointed you to the correct post.

Thursday morning...

Name:	C74C5F64-7772-4B02-81C1-9171FC90DDB2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	307833
    Snow bonding well, no sluffage.

^^^ Purdy!

I've been slacking on spraying all over this thread, here are a few from this month.
    White Snake shoulder pre-shred and the oven that is the MillA basin:

Name:	IMG_20191217_105116.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	307841

Launching pad:

Name:	IMG_20191221_143100.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	307842

What low tide?

Name:	IMG_20191221_143426.jpg 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	307843

#Down, the CD104L in their element:

Name:	IMG_20191222_143806.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	307844

The boner I got on this one lasted a looooooooooooong time...

Name:	IMG_20191225_143758.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	307845

The high terrain is starting to shape up:

Name:	IMG_20191226_121813.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	307846

Snow cow and calf watching me flail in the brush:

Name:	IMG_20191221_140018.jpg 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	307847

Accidentally flushed this big guy directly onto the WP trail, slowshoers were not impressed:

Name:	IMG_20191226_134353.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	307848

Overall I'd call this an all-time start to the season. If I could change one thing it would be to drop the temps 10 degrees, I've never sweated this much in December and watching roller-balls on W faces at 2PM is not something I want to see at this time of the year. One of the lower Days slide path flushed itself in a very spring-like manner already, big gouger of a slide with a perfectly scoured bed and big side walls, looked like a late April wet slide had come through.

^ sick shots. we gotta get out!

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Good times and great pow at my local hill

Name:	IMG_6751.jpg 
Size:	869.8 KB 
ID:	307896

Name:	IMG_6753.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	563.6 KB 
ID:	307895

Some great afternoon light

Name:	IMG_0981.JPG 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	307897

And DPS dentist wailers our in full force

Name:	IMG_0980.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	307899

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

^^ sick shots all around

Name:	under-cliffs.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	532.2 KB 
ID:	307928

This is like the mo I-70 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I highly recommend not skiing at any of the cottonwood resorts or any resorts if you’re bothered by ski resorts making money and paying employees. Mt superior thru the Emma’s was more tracked out than devils castle today. 5 different skin tracks from flag to davenport. Is Ikon ruining the backcountry too? Or is that backcountry.com’s fault? Maybe too much internet stoke promoting the masses to get out there? Conditions have been great this year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    with all th eresort resources...the Employees shouldn't be taking up 1/2 the premium spots at the Bus Stops ,at the canyon entrances.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    The best use of available funds to reduce pollution is spending hundreds of millions in LCC / BCC when I-15 's daily traffic count is 240,000 per day, every day.
    Right? That LCC gondola article did nothing to convince me it's not a terrible idea. You know it will end up costing a lot more than $300 million, so let's just call it half a billion dollars for something that by UDOT's own estimation will be massively underutilized most of the time, there won't be base area parking, and the road will remain open to the public. Maybe I'm just the dumbest guy in the room, but I don't get it. It's one step below those clowns that want to build subdivisions in the middle of Utah Lake.

Of course then there's still the BCC traffic issue to solve, the unacknowledged gorilla in the room of the fact that getting in and out of the gravel pit parking center will be a traffic nightmare, and that the other 80% of utahns who don't ski will be giving a billion dollar subsidy to a handful of private businesses.

At a minimum, anything that leaves either road open to private vehicles is a half measure doomed to failure. Busses, private shuttle services like Canyon Transportation, permitted commercial vehicles and that's it. No cars, period, just like Zion, which I think is the model to follow. Given the info in that Trib article I see no reason to destroy the LCC viewshed with a gondola. Build the gravel pit parking center, snowshed the road at key locations in LCC, and run a shitload of busses.

My dogs need some exercise and I'm thinking of taking them up Porter Fork tomorrow am. Anybody been up that way recently and can comment on the coverage up the road and/or the toboggan run down from the meadow?

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app