Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132
Results 3,276 to 3,295 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    even with what I’d consider a fairly storybook life topped off with a 3 week old distracting me it’s pretty tough sometimes. I can’t imagine how some folks (old, single, small apartment, depressed, whatever else) are coping. weird fuckin times. hope the resorts can find some way to make things work, even if it’s in a substantially reduced capacity.
    Yup. I've been trying to remind myself how fortunate we are compared to so many, but man, its been wearing on me. Its made my job completely bonkers too, and I just had a team member leave so it'll probably get worse before it gets better. But, I did leverage myself into a WFH situation which I'm digging so far!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 2.55.10 PM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	506.4 KB 
ID:	344743

Resorts closed last season...now, we are swinging for an order of magnitude increase. I am not sure how resorts are going to justify opening, let alone staying open. I might just get my Alta-Bird pass refunded to avoid the upcoming shit show.

I’m here to tell ya that moral in the hospital is pretty fucking bad. We’ve started seriously wondering who is going to care for our children when we can’t be at home. I’d like to have all the fuckers not masking and distancing sign a legally binding form that they won’t seek healthcare.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaalik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 2.55.10 PM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	506.4 KB 
ID:	344743

Resorts closed last season...now, we are swinging for an order of magnitude increase. I am not sure how resorts are going to justify opening, let alone staying open. I might just get my Alta-Bird pass refunded to avoid the upcoming shit show.
    I mean... bars are still open. Not saying they SHOULD be. but it sure seems like businesses aren’t sacrificing for the greater good, if that’s what you’re implying ought to or will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I’m here to tell ya that moral in the hospital is pretty fucking bad. We’ve started seriously wondering who is going to care for our children when we can’t be at home. I’d like to have all the fuckers not masking and distancing sign a legally binding form that they won’t seek healthcare.
    +++
    Vibes to the front line.
    Will try to dish up powder snow skiing therapy.
    Jimmy

edit: If the girls need a place to stay in the LCC and Rita can't provide, please call. A little further from the race hill, but would work.
    Hang in there...
    Last edited by telefreewasatch; 10-25-2020 at 06:08 AM.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Damn. Let us know there's anything we can do to help you out.

I mean... bars are still open. Not saying they SHOULD be. but it sure seems like businesses aren’t sacrificing for the greater good, if that’s what you’re implying ought to or will happen.
    Yea, I live downtown across from Johnny's on second...that shit has been hopping since June; other places were closed longer, though.

I'd ski the bc solely, but I'd be solo and limited. It would be nice to know the exact amounts of capacity resorts plan to cut, but when total ICU capacity is pumped...staying open will feel off.

I'm not saying anything really. It's hard to get mad when I have an easy, well paying job and I'm already mentally prepared to live alone for years. But, I'd trade imperialism and an aircraft carrier or two for some fing funded healthcare.

Someone more worthy than me needs to kick off the 20-21 thread!! Im sure there is some jerry doing their best to tib-fib it up at Alta right now. Hopefully this is able to melt off before winter really arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Someone more worthy than me needs to kick off the 20-21 thread!! Im sure there is some jerry doing their best to tib-fib it up at Alta right now. Hopefully this is able to melt off before winter really arrives.
    I think you might have skied the most days of anyone who posts here this season, start that shit up!!

Get it, Dshack!

Also, you're right. I've seen two people skiing already, one pushing across Barb's trail and another coming down under a gun on Corkscrew. Looks like we'll have snowmaking temps for the next 72 hours, at least. Maybe we'll get t2b corkscrew?

even with what I’d consider a fairly storybook life topped off with a 3 week old distracting me it’s pretty tough sometimes. I can’t imagine how some folks (old, single, small apartment, depressed, whatever else) are coping. weird fuckin times. hope the resorts can find some way to make things work, even if it’s in a substantially reduced capacity.
    It's funny, I look around at people I know and some folks who I always thought of as having their shit together mentally and emotionally a lot better than I did, are incapable of handling the uncertainty and anxiety of these times while other folks who never seemed quite as capable of dealing with the challenges of thriving in modern society seem quite used to the challenge of living with fear uncertainty and anxiety and continuing to function.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Homelessness kills people. The worse the economy is, the more homeless there are and the more violent crime there is. We will see the societal and economic effects of this pandemic far into the future and the true death toll will never be calculated. Hard t know for sure what the greater good really is with a population that refuses to self govern their behavior.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

^ no disagreement, and if you look at the context it’s pretty clear I’m not making some grandiose moral claim for keeping businesses closed. no easy answers. I don’t expect the resorts to self-police when nobody else is, that’s all I’m saying.

Any med professionals have any idea of how many serious(requiring overnight stays) injuries occur at sl area resorts? Going to be interesting to see, and, If you’re old, good luck:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/...navirus-cases/

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Any med professionals have any idea of how many serious(requiring overnight stays) injuries occur at sl area resorts? Going to be interesting to see, and, If you’re old, good luck:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/...navirus-cases/
    Wow. Sobering.
    Sheds a little light on what detruser and the front lines are facing. How frustrating and exhausting this must be.
    Especially with our current leader poo pooing the disease and preventative measures.
    Biden cannot take office soon enough...

To answer your question, skier injuries requiring overnight stays are pretty minimal, more during low snow years when the piste is firmer.

And Dshack start the new thread already so I'll have gotten the last word in! Remember how to spell drivle.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

drivel

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    drivel
    uhh excuse me but it's spelled DRIVAL you fucking daft idiot

The GMD is not going to allow any non lodge guests into the cafeteria. Also added specific language that no non lodge guests will be allowed to enter in the event of road closures or interlodge.

uhh excuse me but it's spelled DRIVAL you fucking daft idiot
    moran
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

wrong thread oops
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201031_145914.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	345788  
    Last edited by Dshack89; 11-01-2020 at 12:04 PM.