Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I have a Yukon (incredible deal thru GovX.com), and just ordered a Bonfire, cuz I wanted something smaller and lighter for trips, going to friends' places that don't have a fire pit and such...

I really like my Yukon though. Lots less smoke...but not "smokeless". That said, I can wear a jacket the next day after wearing it around the Yukon. It arrived with a dent in the side, and I got another 30% credit for that, which got me the cover and some "tools" for free.

It's a pit for gadget people for sure.
    Did the exact same thing... Bought the Yukon last year on Black Friday and we love it... Bought the Bonfire today as we want a portable one for camping and for our camper at our ski resort... The deals they are running now are by far their best...!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Did the exact same thing... Bought the Yukon last year on Black Friday and we love it... Bought the Bonfire today as we want a portable one for camping and for our camper at our ski resort... The deals they are running now are by far their best...!

I do feel a little guilty, but I spend money on some pretty stupid shit, so this is not, BY A LONG SHOT, the most stupid. I think we burn thru a LOT of wood in the Yukon too, so I'm hoping the Bonfire might cut down on that a little bit. Those phuccers are efficient!
    Gravity. It's the law.

FYI - If you are on FB there's a big solo stove owners group out there with hacks, cooking info, etc. Was pretty useful when I was getting set up.

Had a chance to break out the propane fire pit today. Worked great, dried wet gear and watched the stillers game on the flat screen after some deep pow munching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1609726148.444313.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	356193

Outdoor Firepit Semi Portable

Why not portable LP fire pit AND speakers?

https://www.ukiahco.com/products/tailgater

PSA— Solo Stove 25% off sale and currently 8% additional from Active Junky. Yukon is 469 bf AJ 8%, down from 599,

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Had a chance to break out the propane fire pit today. Worked great, dried wet gear and watched the stillers game on the flat screen after some deep pow munching.

Name:	Image1609726148.444313.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	356193

You aren’t supposed to cook on these things so I
    Added a campfire grate with cast iron skillet and some blocks to raise it up a little. Works great and now I don’t have to lug a grill around too. The edges work well for a drying/warming rack for gloves etc. When done cooking just remove and back to the fire pit.

Name:	IMG_2182.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	358431

Name:	Image1610929799.573940.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	358432

Game-changer.

Name:	fireput.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	358481

How much heat do those throw out?

I've been using a Buddy heater and it's been great. Puts out a ton of heat, but lacks any ambiance what-so-ever.

Not a ton, but it's enough to take the chill off. You do have to be pretty close.

So comparable to the Buddy heater. The best part is being able to warm your hands when putting boots on or off.

[/url]

NYE camping, 8*
    Firepit is so Rad! and opens up the outside when ski camping.
    -It puts out over 5x the heat of a Mr. Heater Buddy (55,000 vs 9,000 btu's) I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    How much heat do those throw out?

I've been using a Buddy heater and it's been great. Puts out a ton of heat, but lacks any ambiance what-so-ever.
    I have the same one posted above and it puts out decent heat within 2-3+ft radius. The lava rocks get hot and help radiate and disperse the heat.

Yeah, not hudgely different than a Buddy heater, except that it puts out similar heat in 360 degrees so it's better for a few people. For 1 person, a buddy heater is simpler and better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Digging the Bonfire so far:

Name:	PXL_20210118_004854327.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	358690
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

wood chips!!!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    wood chips!!!
    Can't you see the bugs already?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Brand fucking new wood chips. Everywhere. Well, not everywhere, there's mud just outside of that fence, lots of mud mixed with chicken poop.

The conversation in the other thread makes me laugh. Humidity. In UT. I'd love it actually...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise