Page 44 of 117 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2903
    At ski acres today, skied silver fir. PSA - early season conditions with some unmarked holes and people wrecking in them. Some pretty dangerous ones with no markings. Looks like they will fill in quickly with the storms about to hit, but if you are going out tomorrow watch for them in some of the transitions. Couldn't think of worse way to get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    This Saturday, but Friday night lessons are moved to West. Saturday will depend on how much snow comes tomorrow. Also, lessons are extended 2 more weeks. Instead of a single 8 week session it's now two 5 week sessions. Second session will not be as full as the first session. Plus they are way more expensive ($795 per 5 week session). Not sure how so many are willing to pay that.
    I couldn’t get past paying more than $30/hr per kid for slightly more than babysitting on skis. And thus my younger two are stuck with me as their cranky instructor

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    I couldn’t get past paying more than $30/hr per kid for slightly more than babysitting on skis. And thus my younger two are stuck with me as their cranky instructor
    That's why I started teaching. I get my pass free and half off lessons and passes for my family. With 5 kids skiing it's what made taking the family skiing more affordable. I teach Friday night so I can be like all the other powder techs on Saturday. At this point I only have one left in lessons and it's her last year. Probably won't teach any more after this year. I didn't want to teach my kids. Too much emotional struggle.

I didn't want to teach my kids. Too much emotional struggle.
    Quoted fer troof

Look fwd to making some turns with you this season

Psa... Padded seats spin tmrw

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ski alpental some, then get back to us.

bakers ok, but it's 3+ hours drive.

I like crustal a bunch too, but this is like old biddys bickering about which flavor of protestant is best and whose doilies have tighter knots.

all the love, ski fiends
    This thread is awesome for me because I’m a PNW newbie and I’m skiing on a new ACL. Does this make me REI level or can I keep a higher status from past resume?
    Last edited by teamdirt; 01-10-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    This thread is awesome for me because I’m a PMW newbie and I’m skiing on a new ACL. Does this make me REI level or can I keep a higher status from past resume?
    Come to lot 4, you will be welcomed and then we shall shred. Don't care who you were before, though the handle is distantly familiar (you skied in the Kootanies?). Fuck i just realized I've been here more than ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Psa... Padded seats spin tmrw
    That's a better PSA! Thanks

This Saturday, but Friday night lessons are moved to West. Saturday will depend on how much snow comes tomorrow. Also, lessons are extended 2 more weeks. Instead of a single 8 week session it's now two 5 week sessions. Second session will not be as full as the first session. Plus they are way more expensive ($795 per 5 week session). Not sure how so many are willing to pay that.
    I asked the ski lessons director this summer why they changed. I'm not sure I totally bought the answer. Oh well, just doing the first session for my three and calling it good and i bet thats the case for others. Maybe less ski school kids crowding the lines in the later half of the season as a result.

Lazy, cheapskate breeders.

Also, Teamdirt is a fuckin legend who at one time was a prolific poster of legitimately gnarly stoke from the Canadian Rockies. Thus concludes your maggot history lesson for today, JONGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Come to lot 4, you will be welcomed and then we shall shred. Don't care who you were before
    Much truth here. You won't be disappointed. One of the world's largest gatherings of friendly oddballs and a high quantity of easy access, mediocre terrain. Wish I lived close enough to make that my weekly haunting grounds.

I'll be heading up after some morning work if anyone wants to take some laps

Taking The big Umbrella's luxury liner up on Saturday from Enumclaw. To baf my contacts wont bere here in time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

I'll be @ Baker Sat. (as per my Whatcom Co. weekend-warrior MO).

Monochrome-blue getup, black bucket, OG 192 GPOs.

Feel free to ask for change.

Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Bandit JR turned 16 today and this is happening:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3983.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	310058

He said the first run on the backside on the 184 Billy’s were some of the best turns of his life. I have to agree. The snow is amazing.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'll be heading up after some morning work if anyone wants to take some laps
    I've gotta take the recycling out at some point today, Central opens for nights tonight (but not Silver Fir ). Tips up!

So many pnw threaders diss baker...not sure why? the inbounds and backcountry are top notch and compare to any big name in NA
    My gripes with Baker—1) too far from my house. 2) too many rippers half my age. 3) too many ripper my own age.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Bandit JR turned 16 today and this is happening:

Name:	IMG_3983.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	310058

He said the first run on the backside on the 184 Billy’s were some of the best turns of his life. I have to agree. The snow is amazing.
    Awesome! Congrats, Bandit (and Jr.). Looking to get my BGs out tomorrow with my 16yo, too. He's not on the ON3P train yet. Still digging the Cochise he got from you last year.

So many pnw threaders diss baker...not sure why? the inbounds and backcountry are top notch and compare to any big name in NA
    Reverse psychology, they just don't want to see any more people heading to Baker.

Awesome! Congrats, Bandit (and Jr.). Looking to get my BGs out tomorrow with my 16yo, too. He's not on the ON3P train yet. Still digging the Cochise he got from you last year.
    Looks great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Living in Bham for all the hype about Baker the snow quality typically sucks.Wet, heavy, tracked and packed 30 minutes after opening.Lift lines may be no worse than anywhere else but the hill itself can't really disperse the crowds.Sure the arm is amazing but if you actually have to show up at work on a routine basis the days it's really good are few and far between.I'd take 350 inches of actual powder a year over 700 inches of cement on refrozen chunder.

Quote Originally Posted by DBerd View Post
    if you actually have to show up at work on a routine basis
    I think you've identified the problem. At least that's my problem. It doesn't really matter what your local hill is, if you have to show up for work 5 days a week...

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    My gripes with Baker—1) too far from my house. 2) too many rippers half my age. 3) too many ripper my own age.
    The skiers/snowboarders at Baker jump off EVERYTHING

Name:	99596E6C-3737-4F7E-B06F-20CE26451380.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	645.4 KB 
ID:	310122If this is still sideways I give up. Anyway. Good at Mission today.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post

Name:	99596E6C-3737-4F7E-B06F-20CE26451380.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	645.4 KB 
ID:	310122If this is still sideways I give up. Anyway. Good at Mission today.
    I have to say that I really felt like I knew what I was doing today. Been a while since I felt that feeling. Bicycle crash this summer. I only ride the Lhasas and they can be a handful in firm conditions. Especially off piste but nothing like an inch or two at Mission to give me the strength to revive them. Feeling really good right now.