Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2903
    Wildside Wednesday was a shit show when the chair shat the bed with the first full load. Same issue that closed it early on Sunday. Guess we'll try again tomorrow

Great, quiet morning at Crystal today. Follow the wind and all was good!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020 01 15_3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	310856
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Pretty legit night sesh. Didn't make it to e gate opener today but can imagine it was top notch. Wind was moving things around on the lower mountain pretty good, fall Line under the lift on Debbie's was skiing fantastic. Hero snow everywhere had a great time with Lindahl 2.0 and Sorry BRO. 15k of night skiing on windbuff buffet
    Really... GLad I moved the mount on my skis night and day difference.
    So glad nights are back at alpy.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Top notch turns all night. The wind buff was choice. My phone died so no pics of Mr. SirVic, but I can testify he was ripping. Time for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Hero snow everywhere had a great time with Lindahl 2.0 and Sorry BRO. 15k of night skiing on windbuff buffet
    Oh hell yeah!

I'll be up with a buddy for the afternoon/night session tomorrow

I gave lots of people directions to Guest Services when Wildside went tits up at 4:30pm, but it would appear few took them. So much so that when I finally staggered in after hiking six laps and killing six tallboys while doing so they actually had to call their boss in to find them. I may have left a scathing review, I may regret shitting where I eat. But goddamn if I'm not just buying a pass to Mission next season. Weekday reciprocity, poach Hyak on the weekends and most importantly, no more getting skunked on turns in King County ever again!

I will be trying the coach again, arrival 10:30 due to ride avaliability to Enumclaw. I do appreciate them having a service that helps someone like me who doesnt fill the lot with an extra vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    . . .. no more getting skunked on turns in King County ever again!
    Wildside chair is in Kittitas County

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Heh

Indeed, just barely though.

Julie's, OTOH, isn't.

Someone I was hiking laps with last night told me it reminded him of the good old days when Thunderbird wasn't running. Said it was rare for that chair to spin more than a handful of times each season.

Today's snow report is a mess of tangled information. I'd recommend heading to Crystal if you need reliable operations

Julie's, OTOH, isn't
    LULz. Pacific Crest and Dodge Ridge chairs cross the county line, a goddam jurisdictional quagmire

. . . the good old days when Thunderbird wasn't running. Said it was rare for that chair to spin more than a handful of times each season.
    I did hundreds of laps on the old T-bird chair, mostly in leather tele boots. The lodge at the top was the tits.

LULz. Pacific Crest and Dodge Ridge chairs cross the county line, a goddam jurisdictional quagmire

I did hundreds of laps on the old T-bird chair, mostly in leather tele boots. The lodge at the top was the tits.

I used work at t'bird, really cool building, burgers n fries n beer with the central fireplace roaring are some special memories. Riding full kegs down the ramp and sneaking in to get laid at night with killer view were HIGHlites of my early skibum career.

yoyoing beaver lake chair was cool too

my supercomps were 1/2 leather
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Pretty hard to see out there. Also wind slabs formed very quickly yesterday, open slopes might be dicey for a bit.

Name:	DSC09535_e.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	310938

Name:	IMG_3452 (2).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	310939

Nice pics. Yeah, there's some windloading traps up there. Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    I used work at t'bird, really cool building, burgers n fries n beer with the central fireplace roaring are some special memories.
    I likely saw ya up there. Yeah, that fireplace was great. Badger Mountain Lion's Club lodge has a similar fireplace.

OG white cuffs?

My woman is skiing at Stevens today. She said there’s like a hundred people there and it’s waist deep in Corona Bowl

Hero pow at Crystal till noon. Consistent face shots for the determined. Still bombing southback as of 1230, but a freshly fucked knee has me turning tail for home.

Socked-in up top, so here's a picture of my dog sampling the goods Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200115_124033_01.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	310972

Yesterday KUOW aired an interview with a local Historian about the the 1910 Wellington Avalanche at Steven Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I used work at t'bird, really cool building, burgers n fries n beer with the central fireplace roaring are some special memories. Riding full kegs down the ramp and sneaking in to get laid at night with killer view were HIGHlites of my early skibum career.

It's a pity they had to condem that building, it would be cool if it could operate again.
    My half leathers were frankenboots, Ultras with SanMarco cuffs grafted on.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Yesterday KUOW aired an interview with a local Historian about the the 1910 Wellington Avalanche at Steven Pass.
    I remember reading about this in Snowy Torrents or someplace?

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    It's a pity they had to condem that building, it would be cool if it could operate again.
    We checked it out last spring while doing skin laps. It's a fucking mess. Yeah, very cool place, but I don't see Boyne shelling out bucks to fix it or scrap and replace.

Several years ago they successfully revised the SUP to allow the new Alpy Knoll Zero Chair, realign West chairs on the fall line, etc., etc. -- yet the only significant expenditures on that has been the Rampart chair and the new Holiday chair. IMO, top priority should be to realign West chairs and stop decades of producing thousands of young skiers who turn left better than they turn right.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Hero pow at Crystal till noon. Consistent face shots for the determined. Still bombing southback as of 1230, but a freshly fucked knee has me turning tail for home.

Socked-in up top, so here's a picture of my dog sampling the goods Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200115_124033_01.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	310972
    Sorry about the knee but thanks for posting pics of your pooch. We had a Newfie for 12 years and she loved to go ski & backpack with us.

We checked it out last spring while doing skin laps. It's a fucking mess. Yeah, very cool place, but I don't see Boyne shelling out bucks to fix it or scrap and replace.

Several years ago they successfully revised the SUP to allow the new Alpy Knoll Zero Chair, realign West chairs on the fall line, etc., etc. -- yet the only significant expenditures on that has been the Rampart chair and the new Holiday chair. IMO, top priority should be to realign West chairs and stop decades of producing thousands of young skiers who turn left better than they turn right.
    The last sentence is full of truth

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Dweebus did not suck today. Vis kinda went to shit around noon as did my legs, but snow was a-flyin'.

Wonder if that was huskydoc's Tesla behind me in paid parking....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I worked at the pass in those days. Bartender at the Winestube. We had some good parties at the top of t-bird, and beaver lake was indeed a hoot. Springtime was a blast, lounging and drinking in the sun outside the t-bird lodge. There were real burgers and a real fire there. It was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Pretty hard to see out there. Also wind slabs formed very quickly yesterday, open slopes might be dicey for a bit.

Name:	DSC09535_e.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	310938

Name:	IMG_3452 (2).jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	310939
    Stellar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel