Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s a bit harsh. You sound like more of a dick than SVS here. Reality maybe different but I’m guessing not.
    Nah, you’re on the money. Gladedouche has been nothing but a downer this entire thread. SVS brings the stoke even when he’s harassing powtechs from behind.

Never understood why they can’t enforce with the help of the hwp a chain check at the start of gvb@410. To protect and to SERVE. It baffles me . Help us all from the average idiot , which the average are

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Stevens skied really well last night. This next cycle should fill in things and get the backside open. I hear the day crowd was a cluster, but last night was empty and the snow was good. Did enjoy watching the 2WD folks almost spin out in the long line of cars coming down Hwy 2 as we were heading up. Roads had a nice slick glaze to them. Gotta be hell for those new to Seattle Gapers.

Finally, now this this has evolved (or regressed) into the new Padded Seats on Chair 2 thread, should we rename it and get another PNW thread for those of us who bought passes at locations that actually get more snow than rain?
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 01-05-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Never understood why they can’t enforce with the help of the hwp a chain check at the start of gvb@410. To protect and to SERVE. It baffles me . Help us all from the average idiot , which the average are
    The WaHP used to do that on storm days and they used to sand the boulevard on the obvious storm weekend days.

Maybe the new Alterra management isn't tuned up yet on how to run Crustal, because the boulevard sure is under their purvey.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Stevens skied really well last night. This next cycle should fill in things and get the backside open. I hear the day crowd was a cluster, but last night was empty and the snow was good. Did enjoy watching the 2WD folks almost spin out in the long line of cars coming down Hwy 2 as we were heading up. Roads had a nice slick glaze to them. Gotta be hell for those new to Seattle Gapers.

Finally, now this this has evolved (or regressed) into the new Padded Seats on Chair 2 thread, should we rename it and get another PNW thread for those of us who bought passes at locations that actually get more snow than rain?
    Sure thing Champ, post pics and start a new thread.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Divisive pnw skiology again?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Any truth to report of 25 car accident on approach road to xtal this morning? My bro said he got turned around 10mi from the lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    45 minutes of sitting on SR410 by the cabin leases, 1000 feet from the boulevard junction. Dumping.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Total fucking gongshow, but I didn't see any signs of a crash that big. Just beaters in 2wd cars with shitty tires and no chains causing a complete meltdown on CMB. Bunch of morons putting chains on in the middle of the road after the turn, etc.
    I couldn’t figure out what the fuck was going on. Sitting still on 410 for an hour. A lot of Cars around me turning around. Two cars off the side of the road. Three cars in the middle of the road chaining up. But that couldn’t have been the reason for the 1 hour stop.

I didn’t have anything to do but ski yesterday so I sat it out. Glad I did, the skiing was great, knee top pow in places.

I really don’t understand what gives these mouth breathers with 2wd the idea that they should drive past a convenient chain up location and up a steep snow covered road. There are two results; you end up in a ditch, or you end up chaining up in the middle of the road...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

2WD is fine, provided it's front and you have snow tires. I guess city slickers don't realize they can't make it with their balding, all-season city slicks and even with AWD that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

At least it hasn't turned into a mission ridge thread like in years past. I'd rather read chat about ski areas that actually get snow and people actually ski at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Crystal wasn't the only place with gaper driving problems. The chains required signage didn't seem to have any relevance on the way up hwy 2 yesterday with multiple spun out sedans clogging traffic on the way up. I heckled appropriately

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    At least it hasn't turned into a mission ridge thread like in years past. I'd rather read chat about ski areas that actually get snow and people actually ski at

padded seats operating days: 1
    mission ridge operating days: 26

+25 actual ski days so far

Thing 2 sat in that jam too. He was under the impression it had to do with some school busses carrying ski racers that were 2WD and didn't bother to chain up, fucking the Blvd. pretty completely.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I couldn’t figure out what the fuck was going on. Sitting still on 410 for an hour. A lot of Cars around me turning around. Two cars off the side of the road. Three cars in the middle of the road chaining up. But that couldn’t have been the reason for the 1 hour stop.

I didn’t have anything to do but ski yesterday so I sat it out. Glad I did, the skiing was great, knee top pow in places.

I really don’t understand what gives these mouth breathers with 2wd the idea that they should drive past a convenient chain up location and up a steep snow covered road. There are two results; you end up in a ditch, or you end up chaining up in the middle of the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I miss the ski vibe down there in the southeast but I sure don’t miss the drivers.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Absolute gong show. Took me 4 hrs to get to the lot from Seattle. Multiple cars saying they closed the road ahead and just turn around.
    Decided it wasn't worth turning back until someone official told me to.
    Made it up but there were multiple 2wd rigs after the turn chaining up in the middle of the road, busses full of racers stuck, an outback that went off the road HARD further back, etc.
    Just genera stupidity and very icy roads.

Worth it to get some money turns in off northway gates when they opened.
    Heard this morning was another 4hr drive for many.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    padded seats operating days: 1
    mission ridge operating days: 26

+25 actual ski days so far
    Good4U! Still doesn't make me want to see 3 pages of mission ridge chat from the 2 dudes who ski there

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Who else found themself on the backside when Jupiter express died?!?

Stollen from my FB feed.

EPIC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1083.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	625.9 KB 
ID:	309280

Wow. ^. Alpental chair 2 opened, little line at first but once Seahawk game started it was ski on. Great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Good4U! Still doesn't make me want to see 3 pages of mission ridge chat from the 2 dudes who ski there

If it took us four hours to get to Mission from Wenatchee we might be posting more. Glad you are thinking about us.

Sure seemed like all the people that went to Crustal yesterday decided to drive up I90 about noon today.

The WaHP used to do that on storm days and they used to sand the boulevard on the obvious storm weekend days.

Maybe the new Alterra management isn't tuned up yet on how to run Crustal, because the boulevard sure is under their purvey.
    They screwed the pooch on blvd downhill this afternoon.

I drove down in conga line of 5mph on half inch thick of clear ice. Multiple spin outs.

They texted that it was closing as I got to 410.

Great skiing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Meidocre expectations exceeded, it was a good opener but I wouldn't have burned an Ikon day on it. Nor would I any time in the next week...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20200105_140614.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	309285

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    They screwed the pooch on blvd downhill this afternoon.

I drove down in conga line of 5mph on half inch thick of clear ice. Multiple spin outs.

They texted that it was closing as I got to 410.

Great skiing though.
    Sand must be against their religion?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Who else found themself on the backside when Jupiter express died?!?

Stollen from my FB feed.

EPIC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1083.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	625.9 KB 
ID:	309280

Woah, haha, what a clusterfuck.

Sand must be against their religion?
    Cash is these guys religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Snuck into acres for a few hours this afternoon. Driving up right after the pass reopened and idiots were still driving passed the chain up area and stopping on the highway to chain up. Skiing was nice though.