Page 67 of 117 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2903
    I-90 was down to 1 lane at MP50 just before 7:30 due to a couple of spinouts, including a Ferrari. That was an amusing sight

Saw that Ferrari. Sooooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Crystal is closed Sunday now too. Same with Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Great snow at Mission this morning, wind buff machine keeping things nice after most things were tracked out. Sun and blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darra View Post
    including a Ferrari. That was an amusing sight
    It was the subject of much hilarity at Alpental today, pity it wasn’t a red one.

So what did this

Name:  alpy.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  65.6 KB

plus this

Name:  crystal.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  33.9 KB

look like?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    So what did this

Name:  alpy.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  65.6 KB

plus this

Name:  crystal.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  33.9 KB

look like?
    Is that Captain Powder in the second picture?

Thank you for not coming to Hyak today. Got second chair thanks to a buddy who showed-up bright and early this morning after getting skunked two days in a row back in January. Below the beer can was unremarkable at the beginning of the day but turned to fun spring-like slush by the end of the day. First few turns were sweet and faceshot-producing, then the density continually increased. Had some really good laps though, just being boot-top deep without a single track in front of me going fall-line and not having to worry too much about my speed or what was beneath. Water hazards are for real, obey the ropes and signage, esp. where trails cross the summer road (Roz's was closed this morning while patrol put up a sizeable rope line around the creek which has totally blown open above the road).

Lift lines were near non-existent, the temp did creep up midday but the precip was still falling as flakes. The packed mank didn't ride great in the afternoon but held an edge. Things were a little better on what little got groomed, but at the end of the day nothing was that amazing - at least, not worth getting up early or coming out tomorrow for

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Thank you for not coming to Hyak today.... ....Water hazards are for real, obey the ropes and signage, esp. where trails cross the summer road (Roz's was closed this morning while patrol put up a sizeable rope line around the creek which has totally blown open above the road).

Lift lines were near non-existent, the temp did creep up midday but the precip was still falling as flakes. The packed mank didn't ride great in the afternoon but held an edge..
    All of this was truth. Hit first runs at Central before dropping youngest off at lessons and then lapped the 'Yak until the afternoon. Snow was funky after 11am. Couldn't decide if it wanted to freeze up and set, or be manky and heavy. Weird stuff, but still had a great day with the boy.

Here are some of them aforementioned water hazards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200208_132330.jpeg 
Views:	143 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	314664

Name:  IMG_20200208_135137.jpeg
Views: 834
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:	MVIMG_20200208_141141.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	314666

Name:  IMG_20200208_140640.jpeg
Views: 828
Size:  96.4 KB

Name:	IMG_20200208_142231.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	314668

Name:	119A2F06-6FD1-4129-979E-68724A15F762.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	409.0 KB 
ID:	314669Mission was really good this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is that Captain Powder in the second picture?
    All white is worse than camo.

Any reports from alpy? My expectations are low to start...

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    Any reports from alpy? My expectations are low to start...
    Plenty of kooks out today. I couldn't convince my kids to head up Chair 2 today, so was on the lower mountain all day until around 2. First tracks down Meister (woo-hoo!) and they were smooth and creamy until I hit Debbie's. Then it was funky, grabby stuff. That was the name of the game on the lower mountain for the whole day. I thought it was better than ice, but my kids weren't so sure. Eisfallen and Dom are avy debris wastelands to be avoided until they can get groomed out/covered deeper. I thought it was getting a little better as it got skied out more. My kids said our last 2 runs down Debbie's were our best runs of the day (other than our first tracks.

Chair 2 opened at the crack of 9 even though they said it would be delayed. Nash opened around lunch and I heard Snakedance opened as well. I'll let the guys who actually skied it chime in.

Lots were full by 9 and tons of Ikoners were floating around. Most that I spoke to or overheard were not impressed with our mediocrity. I hope they tell all their friends how bad it sucked.

Crustal refugees all over the high 12 today. Wind moved the entire 8 of new to the leeward. Straight up blue ice in spots. Need a couple more dumps to cover the avy debris death chunks from the last few days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Plenty of kooks out today. I couldn't convince my kids to head up Chair 2 today, so was on the lower mountain all day until around 2. First tracks down Meister (woo-hoo!) and they were smooth and creamy until I hit Debbie's. Then it was funky, grabby stuff. That was the name of the game on the lower mountain for the whole day. I thought it was better than ice, but my kids weren't so sure. Eisfallen and Dom are avy debris wastelands to be avoided until they can get groomed out/covered deeper. I thought it was getting a little better as it got skied out more. My kids said our last 2 runs down Debbie's were our best runs of the day (other than our first tracks.

Chair 2 opened at the crack of 9 even though they said it would be delayed. Nash opened around lunch and I heard Snakedance opened as well. I'll let the guys who actually skied it chime in.

Lots were full by 9 and tons of Ikoners were floating around. Most that I spoke to or overheard were not impressed with our mediocrity. I hope they tell all their friends how bad it sucked.
    I don't think Nash opened.. Snakedance did and was pretty good. Some work required to stay out of the creek at times.

Pretty fun skiing all around the padded seats all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    I don't think Nash opened.. Snakedance did and was pretty good. Some work required to stay out of the creek at times.

Pretty fun skiing all around the padded seats all day.
    Didn't mean the gate, just the run. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Weather's looking pretty mediocre today. Fingers crossed the Southerners can get some pow this week before the inversion takes hold

Alpental is parked out on the access road halfway to Sahalie ski club. I was completely parked in at lot 4 and was lucky that the asshole who parked me in was just leaving to go ski so i could tell him to move his fucking car. easily another 100 cars parked in, plus its a maze to get out as 50% of the drive aisles are totally blocked at one end or the other. Bad parking ops, disgraceful behavior by the public.

Snow is variable but pretty decent in spots. lines are long. I went back to my car to grab some water at 10am and the crowds and parking shit show just ruined it for me so i left and went into work to try and free up a morning or two midweek. One less fucker in that cluster up there today.
    Last edited by californiagrown; 02-09-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Bad parking ops, disgraceful behavior by the public.
    This has been the story of the lots all year. Sounds like it's worse today than yesterday. At least yesterday things weren't all blocked up.

Yesterday morning at Alpental the parking lots weren’t even fully plowed. Do they not have enough employees or plow trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Yesterday morning at Alpental the parking lots weren’t even fully plowed. Do they not have enough employees or plow trucks?
    I think this is part of it. I know they keep telling us employees they are still hiring. There's only 1 person in Lot 4 every time I've been up there.

Sounds like I'll be hunting on high for leftovers this week. Hyak's a zoo of families and Southerners. Just glad none of them can make it up the hill to park in my space

Beautiful fucking day.

Name:	IMG_0677.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	314838

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums