Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I see Sunday with a mandatory Sessel ski out?

The "significant" accumulations NWAC mentioned yesterday has changed to "moderate", looks like 1" of water so 10-12" by Sunday AM. I know that creek with the foot bridge is really exposed still so will need to move a lot of snow to fill that in.
    Need at least 36" at the base to fill in the streams crossing the base of Sessel, should be passable if that 12+" materializes. Low tide Alpental has a considerable amount of terrain in the terrain- those aren't the pillows you think they are.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Junuary at Central today.
    Was expecting to wet out, instead had clear skies and sun with some velvet schm0000.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Feeler... <snip>
    Depends...
    What's in the corral?

Hard to believe it's 50+ in the passes, currently, with a solid 12-18" on the way for the weekend.

I guess we've had our sample season, might as well get on with the real thing
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

https://youtu.be/hj2dQ77O0io
    Hopefully we get a little of this soon...
    Miss all my lot 3 and 4 brothers

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    went up with Grom #1 on a whim this afternoon to spin some laps at West, I was actually pleasantly surprised by the coverage.... not great by any stretch but not quite as dismal as I had expected. Crazy warm, like late spring skiing. Let's hope the forecasted rain event is as brief as possible tonight prior to snow levels dropping and the real storms hitting!

Ripping south wind driving up tonight. 65F @ 1830 in Issaquah, 61F in North Bend, 40F @ Denny Creek, 35F @ The Pass Life. Rain chasing me the whole way, but I suspect it won't be rain for long. Slopes don't sound firm at all so this dump should bond well and stack rightside up

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Ripping south wind driving up tonight. 65F @ 1830 in Issaquah, 61F in North Bend, 40F @ Denny Creek, 35F @ The Pass Life. Rain chasing me the whole way, but I suspect it won't be rain for long. Slopes don't sound firm at all so this dump should bond well and stack rightside up
    Are you saying it’s good for the base, Pipe?

If it isn't, I've got 28 grams of something sticky that should hold it together

10pm update: wet now, white tommorow? We'll just have to wait and see...
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-04-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Still raining, you should probably use your Ikon pass elsewhere tomorrow

Fuck. Time to start drinking

Mountain cams not looking good tonight. I'll be up there regardless. Forecast for the next week looks promising, so of course I have to go to Vegas for work. Hopefully my offering will pay off for you guys.

Pour one out for us at CES. Slowest start I've ever seen, house's full of lift ops who have zero interest in waking up in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

"Right on your ass, bud. Cheers!"

I'm gonna start using that one.

Now the forecast has gone to shit again. I blame premature thread ejaculation..
    Let's nuke this puppy

This is the second time in one of your videos that you’ve told someone downhill from you to watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This is the second time in one of your videos that you’ve told someone downhill from you to watch out.
    I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback

I'm working on it. Thanks for the feedback

No worries, you seem like a nice guy by all accounts, just seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No worries, you seem like a nice guy by all accounts, just seems odd.
    Powder fever. Mainly I say watch out to let me people know I'm behind them but I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...
    My mom got hit hard by an out of control skier at Whistler and I have two young kids I ski with so I'm aware of the dangers. Like I said I get a little caught up in the moment when there's a foot or more of fresh.

Some people are going to disagree with me, but I think in certain situations the downhill skier has a certain amount of responsibility for their actions, not as much as the uphill skier but some nonetheless. If I would have run into either person in the videos you're talking about I would clearly be in the wrong but sometimes it is smart and prudent to look uphill before coming to a complete stop or changing directions randomly in an unpredictable manner.
    When I ski at Jackson situational awareness is huge. People ski so fast and they are counting on you to stay in your lane so to speak. When you merge without any warning it's a recipe for disaster.
    Rant over.

Any truth to report of 25 car accident on approach road to xtal this morning? My bro said he got turned around 10mi from the lot

Powder fever. Mainly I say watch out to let me people know I'm behind them but I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...
    My mom got hit hard by an out of control skier at Whistler and I have two young kids I ski with so I'm aware of the dangers. Like I said I get a little caught up in the moment when there's a foot or more of fresh.

Some people are going to disagree with me, but I think in certain situations the downhill skier has a certain amount of responsibility for their actions, not as much as the uphill skier but some nonetheless. If I would have run into either person in the videos you're talking about I would clearly be in the wrong but sometimes it is smart and prudent to look uphill before coming to a complete stop or changing directions randomly in an unpredictable manner.
    When I ski at Jackson situational awareness is huge. People ski so fast and they are counting on you to stay in your lane so to speak. When you merge without any warning it's a recipe for disaster.
    Rant over.

Paging oft.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Any truth to report of 25 car accident on approach road to xtal this morning? My bro said he got turned around 10mi from the lot
    Thanks Alterra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

I should probably give them a little more room and more notice that I'm coming up from behind. You never know which way people are going to turn, or when...

Not me

Rant over.

Try the biker's "on your left", or "on your right".

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Try the biker's "on your left", or "on your right".
    On a flat runout in powder where im breaking trail for the throng behind me, i would love for SirVic to come flying in on my tracks and holler "ramming speeed!!!" and give me a nice little push to help me out.

In general, the ettiquite in pow is different than ettiquite on a groomer. In pow, generally dont stand in landings (so be aware what that might be), step up above the traverse if stopping, dont sideslip-ski fall line, and all bets are out the fucking window on a rope drop or first chair on a pow day chinese downhill situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Paging oft.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.