Page 48 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2903
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    Jeep guy behind them had a saw with a decent size bar on it. My buddy said he’s buying a saw tomorrow... live and learn.
    Ive seen some close calls, and some people get worked clearing trees on MTB trails. Make sure you fully investigate the tree and have a good idea of what cuts need to be made, and how the tree is going to move once cut. Also, you can get really good deals on used saws on craigslist around here. no real need to buy new.

I carry a silky big boy in the rig. Not really equal to a chainsaw but I can take out a decent sized tree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Shoveled the deck after going bell2bell in the 'yakyard. Then blew the parking pad. Then unloaded the pellets that had been sitting in the back of my car since Friday. Washed a small mountain of dishes and took out the recycling.
    Cool story bro...

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    would be completely okay with it not snowing any more for a couple days...
    Shut yer whore mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    I carry a silky big boy in the rig.
    I was hesitant to google that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I was hesitant to google that.
    Worst you would've gotten was half naked burning man chicks and unicorns dancing with house music in the background.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Cool story bro...

Shut yer whore mouth!
    That sentiment is not simply mine but also several others. Nonetheless, I'll oblige.

A couple more inches of fluff this morning and Silver Fir is spinning, could be a good afternoon

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Silver Fir has abruptly stopped spinning
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-13-2020 at 12:58 PM.

I just want to say how pleased i am after noticing that Snoqualmie is offering a "SuperDuper Pass" to folks 80yrs+ for $0.00. I thought those days were gone with the seeming corporate greed taking over the ski industry. Its a simple, cheap, probably superficial gesture, but goddamnit i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I just want to say how pleased i am after noticing that Snoqualmie is offering a "SuperDuper Pass" to folks 80yrs+ for $0.00. I thought those days were gone with the seeming corporate greed taking over the ski industry. Its a simple, cheap, probably superficial gesture, but goddamnit i like it.
    meh, it used to be 70yrs old
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    That’s cool man, happy you can get some free turns in before getting put out to pasture.

Snowing pretty good at Mission Today. My first time out to Central Park for a while. Not too shabby.

Today was unbelievable at Crystal. Face shots all day long and bluebird until around noon when clouds rolled in and it started snowing a bit. Just crazy good.

Deep at the high 12 today. Snow got worked over night by the wind (gust of 112) but leeward stashes were bottomless wonderful fluffiness.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Snowing pretty good at Mission Today. My first time out to Central Park for a while. Not too shabby.
    Probably 4-6” by 1600 when I left. Great storm skiing, fucking cold. The. Crowds were a bit of a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    meh, it used to be 70yrs old
    . Story of my life. Can't complain about $79 for the season.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Probably 4-6” by 1600 when I left. Great storm skiing, fucking cold. The. Crowds were a bit of a disappointment.
    Yes. I kept looking for someone to ride the liberator with since I think it is bad luck to ride alone. Or maybe I just want someone to snuggle with if it breaks down. Showed a young surfer around from San Diego who is in flight school at CWU. He was a newer skier but pretty good on Icelantics. He had no trouble keeping up. Imagine he’ll be around a lot more now. I also found a phone in Central Park.

Washed my headsweats as well. You and Becky probably got a kick out of that but you did ask.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Washed my headsweats as well. You and Becky probably got a kick out of that but you did ask.
    Becky didn’t ski today, but Ty kinda looks the same

Crystal to stop selling walk up tickets on weekends!
    A TOUGH BUT NECESSARY DECISION
    Effective Saturday, January 18th, we have taken a decision to preserve the aspect of what we all love about this mountain – a community resort, with an uncommercial and pristine environment and amazing skiing and riding. It was a tough call – we are skiers at heart and turning away those who love the mountain is not in our nature. But something needs to change for the community good.

We will discontinue selling walk-up full day tickets at the ticket booths on weekends and holidays in order to hold skier visits to what our roads and parking infrastructure is designed to handle. will monitor this closely and make adjustments as we continue to learn how this will impact our guests and the mountain.
    On weekends and holidays, we will continue to honor all Ikon Pass holders, purchasers of any advanced ticket product such as 5-pack vouchers, advance single days tickets, and other such products.
    We will offer a finite amount of advance tickets online for weekends and holidays. But we will limit the available quantities of these day tickets based on a consideration of variables such as the snow forecast, mountain conditions, traffic, road conditions, and any other factors that contribute to people making their decision to ski on that day.

Our belief is that this will have the effect of capping total numbers of skiers to a level that our roads and parking infrastructure can accommodate while still providing a premium experience.

In the short term, for this season we will continue to reinforce our efforts to give timely and transparent travel and parking information. We will continue investing large sums in providing bus service to Crystal. We will continue incenting our customers to carpool. And in the coming weeks, we will be announcing new and more rewarding incentives to our customers who visit on weekdays.

This initiative is a part of maintaining our untrammeled experience and the rustic nature of why we love Crystal. Like everyone, we need to begin to change our behavior to help sustain our ski experience now and for future generations. Our commitment is to provide our guests with a superior experience - we believe that these steps will move us towards that objective. As a community, we all love Crystal, but right now it’s a mountain that is feeling too much love and we are taking decisive action to preserve what it means to all of us.

With respect and gratitude.

Frank DeBerry
    President & COO

Fuck crystal. If they want to do what they are talking about, they should cap selling season pass to the number of parking spots and sell more walk up full retail rip off price. Parking lot will be empty and rich can have their tables during lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Welp, a bunch of ticket office workers just had their weekends free up!

Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoone View Post
    We will offer a finite amount of advance tickets online for weekends and holidays. But we will limit the available quantities of these day tickets based on a consideration of variables such as the snow forecast, mountain conditions, traffic, road conditions, and any other factors that contribute to people making their decision to ski on that day.
    I don't see this backfiring at all....hey Bob what does the magic 8-ball say about the number of tix to sell this weekend

Crazy. The day-ticket business model officially bites the dust.

Unreal to see this occur. 2-year Ikon blowout.

That is a poor business move, they should just have patrol clip tickets for petty shit so people start leaving and they can turn another sale

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    That is a poor business move, they should just have patrol clip tickets for petty shit so people start leaving and they can turn another sale
    Or patrol can just wait to do control work after opening. That should clear out some people.