Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Looks like 3 inches at the base and 5 inches at 6000 at crystal last night

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

I’m tryin lord.

https://youtu.be/ErvgV4P6Fzc

Anyone lost a L kinco glove and have a single floating around? Pretty sure my wife lost one of my gloves the other night so I'm sitting on a single glove and rather not buy a new pair I dont have to. I can only find 1 of my old pair of gloves as well so quite frustrating.

I need to hit up Wooley for a ski maintenance day if he is up for it in the next week or so. Santa needs to bring me some new tools and some weed. I hate not being able to do any tuning, especially when I could spend a whole day having fun doing it. And car repair has me looking in the couch for change to buy atleast a gram weed for the week.

Long story short, I went to my company's holiday party last night and won not only a hangover from the open bar but a suite-level ticket to the last Hawks home game of the regular season. So mark your calendars, Sun 12/29 gonna be a great day to shred in Washington's lowest pass (and an absolute nightmare to drive down and back up it)

"A cavalcade of systems marching through the area for the remainder of the extended"
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Long story short, I went to my company's holiday party last night and won not only a hangover from the open bar but a suite-level ticket to the last Hawks home game of the regular season. So mark your calendars, Sun 12/29 gonna be a great day to shred in Washington's lowest pass (and an absolute nightmare to drive down and back up it)
    NICE, the hawks niners game is going to insane.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Anyone lost a L kinco glove and have a single floating around? Pretty sure my wife lost one of my gloves the other night so I'm sitting on a single glove and rather not buy a new pair I dont have to.
    I have a couple singles. What style? Size?

The Windy Hill was fun today. Felt great to be out on skis for the first time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    NICE, the hawks niners game is going to insane.
    This, and totally worth missing a day to have that experience (drive notwithstanding) IMO.

I've got a bench, tools and wax if ya wanna come into the city to tune.

Anyone lost a L kinco glove and have a single floating around? Pretty sure my wife lost one of my gloves the other night so I'm sitting on a single glove and rather not buy a new pair I dont have to. I can only find 1 of my old pair of gloves as well so quite frustrating.

I need to hit up Wooley for a ski maintenance day if he is up for it in the next week or so. Santa needs to bring me some new tools and some weed. I hate not being able to do any tuning, especially when I could spend a whole day having fun doing it. And car repair has me looking in the couch for change to buy atleast a gram weed for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01AT...b_b_asin_image

That's what I have

That's what I have
    Found it. It’s a left Medium, though...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8028.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	305363

Name:	IMG_8026.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	305364

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Found it. It’s a left Medium, though...

Name:	IMG_8028.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	305363
    Dude I almost spit out my wine from laughing at this just now. Well played sir!

Got up early with my daughter and made the 3 hour drive to mission ridge. Rope tow was broken so we hopped on chair 1. Happy to say that my daughter skied the whole chair without falling. From where we started this is a huge deal. She was so proud of herself and she kept asking to spin another lap. At this point, hours before the game, I knew the Seahawks were gonna lose... Couldn't have my cake and eat it too.

Steven's was looking very melted out 33 degrees and raining at 7am and the same at 4.30pm.
    At this point I'm just hoping to ride the padded seats by Christmas.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Now that winter is almost half over, I'm hoping for a snowy spring.

Solstices and equinoxes mark the midpoint of the season they occur in, not the beginning of the next one, with respect to sun angles, weather patterns, etc.

Sounds like a great day SVS, well worth the drive!

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Now that winter is almost half over, I'm hoping for a snowy spring.

Solstices and equinoxes mark the midpoint of the season they occur in, not the beginning of the next one, with respect to sun angles, weather patterns, etc.
    ...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmg-slideshow_l.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	305417

... overlooking the Heat Lag Effect...? Trolling? Hasn't yet seen a low tide pnw winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    ... overlooking the Heat Lag Effect...?
    Apparently so. The rule of thumb among meteorologists is that winter starts roughly 3 weeks prior to winter solstice. Cf., highest average daily temperatures year-to-year cluster for several weeks starting 3 weeks after summer solstice.

On current news, the forecast calls for up to a foot of snow mid-week. White Pass will likely open this weekend, although I will miss Saturday opening day because I once again got recruited to do the Audubon Christmas Bird Count, i.e., I'm taking one for the birds.

Can we start a gofundme for him. To send him home... or anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Can we start a gofundme for him. To send him home... or anywhere else.
    I kinda want to hear his wisdom on the Central Cascade snowpack
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    At this point I'm just hoping to ride the padded seats by Christmas.
    Damn, that is awfully optimistic. Im hoping the padded seats start a' spinning before 2020. Takes a lot of refrozen avi debris to cover the the upper mountain boulder fields.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Damn, that is awfully optimistic. Im hoping the padded seats start a' spinning before 2020. Takes a lot of refrozen avi debris to cover the the upper mountain boulder fields.
    Based on what I saw up there on Saturday, Christmas is very optimistic. Need over 30" base to get a skiable lower mountain. Maybe 3-4" right now. I never count on anything in December. If we get any December skiing, that's a bonus to me.

Unfortunately I dont have two left hands. Thanks for looking though. Here is a arbitrary internet point +1.

It's been over a year since I last skied so I'm pretty bummed how the seasons been starting, but I've learned to be a bit more patient. The snow will come

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Apparently so. The rule of thumb among meteorologists is that winter starts roughly 3 weeks prior to winter solstice. Cf., highest average daily temperatures year-to-year cluster for several weeks starting 3 weeks after summer solstice.

On current news, the forecast calls for up to a foot of snow mid-week. White Pass will likely open this weekend, although I will miss Saturday opening day because I once again got recruited to do the Audubon Christmas Bird Count, i.e., I'm taking one for the birds.
    Your contributions to citizen science are appreciated and will not be forgotten.

With last night's primetime handegg disappointment, I'm willing to double-down on my bet that 12/29 will be a great day atop Snoqualmie Pass.

At this point, if Alpental is open for any sort of sliding by NYE, I'll be happy. The forecast for later this week looks promising, but ultimately it seems like it will fall short of delivering anything more than enough for the diehard golfing crowd to get after. Looks like we might get a short-lived ridge this weekend to set the wet stuff up and cool everything down followed by more seasonable precip & temps next week. I'm betting limited lift-served golfing will begin the 20th with more holes and additional courses coming online just in time for the holidays.