Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2903
    I should've said "semi reliably continuous" re cat gravel like mr snob saez

whatever

I wonder how Dweebus will be this year. Might be alright for the weekday select. Djongo made a point on the tetons thread.... the virus has forced resort mgmt to confront the problem of Ikonik crowding, self inflicted

With the border staying closed, and Bachelor now on Ikon, I'm afraid everyone in the Seattle area will chose Ikon/Crystal/Alpy/Bachelor over Epic/Stevens. Maybe I'll just defer my Ikon pass this year and go to White Pass instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I should've said "semi reliably continuous" re cat gravel like mr snob saez

whatever

I wonder how Dweebus will be this year. Might be alright for the weekday select. Djongo made a point on the tetons thread.... the virus has forced resort mgmt to confront the problem of Ikonik crowding, self inflicted
    In really good conditions there's a way to ski to lower end of B lot too.

You should try skiing there more.

And less Dweebus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Air quality blows but the mtns are, once again, lonely. Fine by me in my goggles & N95...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MizrTpr.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	340249

Name:	Qf4naa0.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	340250

Name:	IaHqJji.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	340251

Name:	ZL02OK3.jpg 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	340252

Name:	bCNIuN2.jpg 
Size:	519.7 KB 
ID:	340248
    Last edited by pipedream; 09-15-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    In really good conditions there's a way to ski to lower end of B lot too.

You should try skiing there more.

And less Dweebus.

The cut/skate through employee housing? Or the cedar bash drop off the traverse?

Look man, I love the mountain and have many great mammaries from my short few years there. I just find it quirky and prone to over-marketing, with a big city clientele peppered sparsely with core loc-dogs. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad I got to know the place in the Kircher era pre-Ikon. At least he kept the road plowed.

I'll try to make it up there this year and would enjoy sharing some turns if you got the time.

If I'm still in WA this winter, I went with Ikon and Alpy passes. Planning to take a bunch of Tuesdays or Wednesdays off in January/February to get some midweek Crustal days in.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Are you going to pay that racket, B? You can ski to B-lot yanno... wait... at least you could before they started putting up barricades and gravelling the ski path.
    Been transferring my ppass the last few years; now that our kids are grown and don't ski with me, it's better for other people with kids to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Snorting elk bridge works too.
    The main barricade is below the bridge above the sanibuilding, so the bridge doesn't help. I ski around the barricades.

I've stopped writing the suggestion of a chair from B lot; Crustal mgmt doesn't care given the captive audience and their rampant unchecked abuse of the public trust.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I want to know WTF 'prioritize pass holders' means and what is a 'super senior' pass. Will have some impact on decisions about parking pass.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 09-16-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I want to know WTF 'prioritize pass holders' means and what is a 'super senior' pass. Will have some impact on decisions about parking pass decisions.
    Have you seen anything about parking passes yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Have you seen anything about parking passes yet?
    you didn't get the emails?

you didn't get the emails?
    Mrs Brit just found the email explaining they'd fucked up emailing everyone 1st time round and that they were now trying it again* and that soon they would be emailing about the 72 hour window to renew.

It's going to grate.

But I'm saving a fortune not paying for parking in the city at the moment and probably will continue doing so through all next ski season.

* which inspires tech confidence in their running a reservation system.

The first one was pretty funny. It was clearly copied from a group-think document, complete with edits and deletions marked in red type. Indeed, not terribly confidence inspiring.

The system is a game. Go against the grain and use it to your benefit. This is going to be the best lift riding season in decades. Grab a face mask and shred.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Grab a face mask and shred.
    How has Dakine or another accessory company not come out with an balaclava or buff with N95filter built in? Or at least marketed a covid-specific buff/blaclava?

Anyways, i bet there is at least 2 physical altercations in the lift lines each weekend day because of (non)mask wearing folks vs folks who want them masking up. I work on the peripheries of the construction industry and what i have experienced is that it is really random who is pro vs anti mask. Folks id have bet $100 on being anti mask are outspoken about wearing masks and taking it super seriously, and others id have bet would be pro-mask are really flippant and dismissive about their use. I see lots of conflict in lift lines, and on lifts. I might keep an aerosol bottle of lysol in my jacket and start spraying around me if folks are flaunting the rules in a douchy manner... fight stupid douches, with stupid douchiness ya know?

Anyways, i hope lots of people are discouraged from riding lifts this year and leaves the goods for me and mine.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How has Dakine or another accessory company not come out with an balaclava or buff with N95filter built in? Or at least marketed a covid-specific buff/blaclava?

Anyways, i bet there is at least 2 physical altercations in the lift lines each weekend day because of (non)mask wearing folks vs folks who want them masking up. I work on the peripheries of the construction industry and what i have experienced is that it is really random who is pro vs anti mask. Folks id have bet $100 on being anti mask are outspoken about wearing masks and taking it super seriously, and others id have bet would be pro-mask are really flippant and dismissive about their use. I see lots of conflict in lift lines, and on lifts. I might keep an aerosol bottle of lysol in my jacket and start spraying around me if folks are flaunting the rules in a douchy manner... fight stupid douches, with stupid douchiness ya know?

Anyways, i hope lots of people are discouraged from riding lifts this year and leaves the goods for me and mine.
    1. It's hard to define a material that reduces transmission risk when the design of the covering itself is part of the problem. Some research suggesting gaiter-style coverings increase transmission, although unclear if they controlled for material type. Also, there's zero incentive for mfg's to produce a new product when existing products satisfy current covering requirements.

2. Open bike parks this summer were pretty good about requiring masks for lift-served.

3. Agree there will be much pass-pulling (hopefully bans) for mouth breathers convinced they're above the rules or antagonistic towards them. Airlines have been setting great precedent for this. Will definitely have some popcorn ready...

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Um, they have? Outdoor Research gave a box of these to The Summit for the summer crew and the employees love 'em. They're just as effective as N95, more comfortable than a paper mask and you can re-up on filters, 3 at a time. Filter changes are recommended every 40-55 hours of use. I suspect these will be standard-issue for employees this winter as part of their uniforms.

That’s nice and all but a cloth mask even with an n95 type filter inside is not N95 protection.

A proper N95 mask is fitted to your face and has a seal around your face and nose.

Not that I care. I’ll be likely using a paper disposable mask or a balaclava.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    That’s nice and all but a cloth mask even with an n95 type filter inside is not N95 protection.

A proper N95 mask is fitted to your face and has a seal around your face and nose.

Not that I care. I’ll be likely using a paper disposable mask or a balaclava.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ruroc is the answer....

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Um, they have? Outdoor Research gave a box of these to The Summit for the summer crew and the employees love 'em
    We got them, too, and they are by far the most comfortable mask I've tried. According to the OR rep, sales have been through the roof this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Um, they have? Outdoor Research gave a box of these to The Summit for the summer crew and the employees love 'em. They're just as effective as N95, more comfortable than a paper mask and you can re-up on filters, 3 at a time. Filter changes are recommended every 40-55 hours of use. I suspect these will be standard-issue for employees this winter as part of their uniforms.
    Although it is within the realm of the physically possible that the OR masks would pass the N95 test, the ASTM standard to which the OR website claims their filter material is tested is for surgical masks, not N95 respirators.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

yeah, and it made me say "ow_my_balls".

More shitshows on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Crustal parking emails (yes, plural) have arrived. Be sure to read all the way through to glean some exciting information about next year.

yeah, and it made me say "ow_my_balls".

More shitshows on the way!
    It'll be nice not having buses parked there with engines running all day.

The switch the following year fucking sucks. Why not keep the renewal system.

Fucking Alterra.

https://www.crystalmountainresort.co...s/crystal-pass

A bunch of new Crystal only passes for the non-ikoners. Some with A lot parking and shareable ?!? Lots of blackout days, guess they're trying to save the weekends for ikoners and pushing big for the new work from home crew.

This pass shit is getting way too complicated. We need an official TGR season pass financial planner who can help us make these decisions.

what in the fucking FUCK!

"safari can't open the page". of course. fucking Alterra is right. Let's see...hall pass gold=parking, light blackouts for $899 vs. Ikon and parking for $2k?????