Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Isn't a 15 min drive in Seattle about a mile?

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    There is also a dive shop on Westlake that will do it. Although after just realizing my gauge was at 0 psi when I checked this weekend I might try somewhere else this time
    That's where I got mine filled during the extended pass closures & power outages that prevented me from shredding pow in that epic Dec. 2015 storm cycle. Unfortunately, it seems that they've closed (Google Street View indicates the place was called "Discount Divers").

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Seattle folk, where do you get your air canisters filled? I've called mulitple scuba shops, evo, rei, feathered friends etc. A few of them did CO2 but none of them did air.
    ProSki on Aurora or in North Bend

And then snow! Thursday looks tricky for Snoqualmie, but medium/long range looks colder.

You can’t use co2 in your airbag?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    You can’t use co2 in your airbag?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What's an airbag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I believe evo is now filling air canisters.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What's an airbag?
    Distant cousin to the wind and douche bags.

What's an airbag?
    Hopefully someone thinks it's a grocery bag they can put their head in.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I believe evo is now filling air canisters.
    While we're on the subject of local stores. Shout out to Gerks in Issaquah. Visiting relative's kids got boots from them before Christmas. Was very impressed with how they dealt with two shy, indecisive teenagers the results were comfortable happy kids on snow.

I never thought much of their previous location next to I90 (or their one brand only bike policy) and would never previously have bought boots from them. The new store is a cool space and Dru Bru on tap makes boot molding quite pleasant.

I didn't ask about filling airbags.

I picked up a pair of Atomic Hawx from them last night.

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

I never thought much of their previous location next to I90....

Haven't been there in years, where is the current location?

Congrats on the new boots, I've heard good things!

:::

In other news, convergence zone fail at the pass this AM.

Wifey got me a snow cat trip for Xmas with Cascade Powder Cats on Feb 23rd. I’m solo getting put in with a group so if anyone here is going that day I’ll ski ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Haven't been there in years, where is the current location?

Congrats on the new boots, I've heard good things!
    The development north of I90 where Lowes/Pet Smart/Cinnebarre is.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    While we're on the subject of local stores. Shout out to Gerks in Issaquah. Visiting relative's kids got boots from them before Christmas. Was very impressed with how they dealt with two shy, indecisive teenagers the results were comfortable happy kids on snow.

I never thought much of their previous location next to I90 (or their one brand only bike policy) and would never previously have bought boots from them. The new store is a cool space and Dru Bru on tap makes boot molding quite pleasant.

Gerks are great folks... when we moved up here, we were driving into the area for the first time, on the 90 about to enter Issaquah when my 5yr old started getting sick. I veered into the old Gerks lot, they werent even open yet and ran out to see if they could help. I've tried to pop in from time to time ever since. I also don't like their single bike supply policy, tired of all of the #iamspecialized shops, but if that is what they need to do to stay in business and get kids fitted for ski boots, so be it!

Gerks is great they styled me out when they had a issue with a binding remount
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Another plug for the folks at Gerks. Andy and Kevin are great. Last time I checked they started carrying Santa Cruz bikes too if you’re into VPP.

I went to the new Gerks and they were so proud of the old bank vault, took me in it to show it to me. Funny because I was just buying my daughter some gloves on sale and don’t know them at all.

I bought a few things at gerks years ago right before they closed in Issaquah.

My favorite shop is pro guide northbound. Great crew that works there. I have also spoken with the financial authority in my family and it seems like once tax return comes around if there is still avaliabliity, I plan on taking the aiare 1 course through them.

I'm pretty excited. I also will be drastically degapering my skiing here soon with the purchase of contacts (found a way to avoid having to due a new prescription appointment, and just buy s box. Skiing with just cheap glasses on a snowy day is not my ideal way to ski those conditions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I bought a few things at gerks years ago right before they closed in Issaquah.

My favorite shop is pro guide northbound. Great crew that works there. I have also spoken with the financial authority in my family and it seems like once tax return comes around if there is still avaliabliity, I plan on taking the aiare 1 course through them.

I'm pretty excited. I also will be drastically degapering my skiing here soon with the purchase of contacts (found a way to avoid having to due a new prescription appointment, and just buy s box. Skiing with just cheap glasses on a snowy day is not my ideal way to ski those conditions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Gerks isn’t closed
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Gerks isn’t closed
    If only someone had posted location of new store.

If only someone had posted location of new store.
    They’re up north now.

I thought you could get a GED while you’re in the cross bar hotel so you can navigate through life

took my daughters to do some night skiing at West to my surprise the lifts were stopped and the lights were off I guess they close because of the rain I don't know the snow report 236-1600 said that there would be night skiing so anyway we hiked up and made some made the most out of it there's a couple hundred people sledding but disappointing to say the least whatever base they had is almost gone

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    took my daughters to do some night skiing at West to my surprise the lifts were stopped and the lights were off I guess they close because of the rain I don't know the snow report 236-1600 said that there would be night skiing so anyway we hiked up and made some made the most out of it there's a couple hundred people sledding but disappointing to say the least whatever base they had is almost gone

Lame that the phone snow report was wrong. They posted on Twitter that they were going to be closed at around noon today. Delayed opening planned for West tomorrow at 10am-5pm with potential for night skiing if they get enough snow.

The two-year-old was screaming ski ski ski as I stuffed her in her carseat we'll have to try again later

The new Summit app that they launched last week has been pretty good at notifying about lift openings and the closure today, it probably gets updated at the same time as their twitter page

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    The two-year-old was screaming ski ski ski as I stuffed her in her carseat we'll have to try again later

Well done.