Page 35 of 117 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    The Summit doesn't make snow because it's too expensive. They can't touch the water in Lake Kecheelus because it belongs to water rights holders downstream, so they have to pay the utility district for it which is NOT cheap.

Thank a hop farmer for this the next time you see them
    Didn't even think of that, I do know the power consumption is massive and very expensive as well.
    Funny since all of the water used on the south side of the highway would go right back in the lake anyway

I'm relatively new here and know this isn't the first or last slow/no start to a year but seems with Epiconic resorts both nearby and with 4k' base elevations it is going to be tougher to maintain pass sales in the future.

Hopefully all this talk is for none after the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I thought you could get a GED while you’re in the cross bar hotel so you can navigate through life
    Cute. Maybe next time you can tell a joke of a high brow than that of my children who find saying "baby butt" as hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by NWAC
    On Friday night, a strong cold front crosses the region bringing an intense southerly barrier jet out ahead of it with a strong push of WSW winds behind it and rain changing to heavy snow behind the front. Snow levels at Snoqualmie Pass should drop below Pass level behind the front and significant accumulations are expected.

Crustal staying true to name: An optimistic 3" over the hard stuff. SE aspects skiing the best

Unfortunately I cant take the bus from Enumclaw to crystal, but I will be booking the following Saturday (1/11), and I hope to do that most weekends.

Fullstack, if your family is all skied out Sunday, I'd be more than happy to keep your passenger seat warm

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

I'll be getting my first day of the season in Saturday at Crystal if anyone wants to take a lap. Might be up Sunday as well.
    First season since I moved here getting off the baker train. Should be interesting.

How’s mission or Stevens skiing ? Any reports from today ?

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Skied Stevens today. Surprisingly decent shape given the rain event. Lots of wind loading and found some deep turns. Also found some of the hardest icy bumps I’ve ever skied at Stevens. Groomer coverage is getting better. Off trail was a mix of moments of joy mixed with moments of terror. Seventh Heaven skied pretty well...best turns of the year so far. After this weekend, we will be dialed. Patrol stated that the Backside should open sometime this weekend.

Also, tree skiing just isn’t there yet. We need more snow to cover the nasty crust and icy coral from the past few weeks.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Just came over Snoqualmie and it's still snow and 30*. Switched to rain a little before Denny Creek. Hopefully it will hold on overnight.

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Feeler...

Anybody into testing some skis this winter? I'd leave them in a locker at Alpental, you pick them up and shred them for a lap...or all day...or several days, return them for all mags to enjoy, profit? I'm also looking for a few ski models for a photo shoot. I provide the beer, burgers, and other essentials, you provide your schralping and patience and get nice photos of you in return.

I normally crowdsource my TaBros and PortilloBros, but seeing as I just moved and have no AlpBros, thought the Alpental folks might be into shredding all sorts of skis for free. I'll probably be taking this junk show on the road to nearby hills if non-Alpentalics are into it.

This could be you...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	308902_8491_XXL.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	308886
    Last edited by gnarbro365; 01-02-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Just came over Snoqualmie and it's still snow and 30*. Switched to rain a little before Denny Creek. Hopefully it will hold on overnight.

You jinx'd it, one 6k snow level coming right up

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Feeler...

Anybody into testing some skis this winter? I'd leave them in a locker at Alpental, you pick them up and shred them for a lap...or all day...or several days, rate them in the categories I provide, return them for all mags to enjoy, profit? I'm also looking for a few ski models for a photo shoot. I provide the beer, burgers, and other essentials, you provide your schralping and patience and get nice photos of you in return.

I normally crowdsource my TaBros and PortilloBros, but seeing as I just moved and have no AlpBros, thought the Alpental folks might be into shredding all sorts of skis for free. I'll probably be taking this junk show on the road to nearby hills if non-Alpentalics are into it.

This could be you...https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topic...-mountain-skis

Name:	308902_8491_XXL.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	308886
    So you're writing those reviews? And you need us to do your job for you?

I'll ride a few boards for free. But first I'll have to review your skiing to be sure you're not a fucking beater novelist.

This ski-off can be prearranged or impromptu, I'm flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    So you're writing those reviews?

I'll ride a few boards for free. But first I'll have to review your skiing to be sure you're not a fucking beater novelist.

Nobody said I can ski. Thats why I recruit bros to do it for me. Then I use thesaurus.com about a thousand times and whammo...ski review.

Edit: Also, I seek input from all levels of skier ability. From gnar schralpers like yourself to bunny hills slayers like me.

So you're writing those reviews? And you need us to do your job for you?

Welcome back

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Name:	FE2DBF74-DF6F-45C4-A9FD-BDC5C1D74817.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	308902Mission was pretty good under the lights tonight.

Shit, I'll do your job for you, beater novelist or not.

FYI's tomorrow's the last chance to earn yr turns beneath the padded seats outside of operating hours

I’d test some skis. More often at Crystal but will be on the padded seats semi regularly once running.

I'll test in the beater category

I'm always up for giving skis an Alpental beat down.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    FYI's tomorrow's the last chance to earn yr turns beneath the padded seats outside of operating hours
    I see Sunday with a mandatory Sessel ski out?

The "significant" accumulations NWAC mentioned yesterday has changed to "moderate", looks like 1" of water so 10-12" by Sunday AM. I know that creek with the foot bridge is really exposed still so will need to move a lot of snow to fill that in.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I see Sunday with a mandatory Sessel ski out?

The "significant" accumulations NWAC mentioned yesterday has changed to "moderate", looks like 1" of water so 10-12" by Sunday AM. I know that creek with the foot bridge is really exposed still so will need to move a lot of snow to fill that in.
    Need at least 36" at the base to fill in the streams crossing the base of Sessel, should be passable if that 12+" materializes. Low tide Alpental has a considerable amount of terrain in the terrain- those aren't the pillows you think they are.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Junuary at Central today.
    Was expecting to wet out, instead had clear skies and sun with some velvet schm0000.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Feeler... <snip>
    Depends...
    What's in the corral?

Hard to believe it's 50+ in the passes, currently, with a solid 12-18" on the way for the weekend.

I guess we've had our sample season, might as well get on with the real thing

https://youtu.be/hj2dQ77O0io
    Hopefully we get a little of this soon...
    Miss all my lot 3 and 4 brothers

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk