Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2903
    Had high expectations today with temps lower and 1’ reported at Stevens. Even gave my goat fam of skis a day off in favor of cold snow rides. The day started on lift hold then sampled a mix of wind loaded and scoured aspects. It was fun but took a few laps to sort out what mother nature provided. Liked the boards but wondered how BGs would’ve done..
    Recent wind = sporty
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5186.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	317299

In spite of the vicious winds yesterday and last night the Windy Hill delivered beautiful dense windbuff today. Obvious windscoured areas easily navigated.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Had high expectations today with temps lower and 1’ reported at Stevens. Even gave my goat fam of skis a day off in favor of cold snow rides. The day started on lift hold then sampled a mix of wind loaded and scoured aspects. It was fun but took a few laps to sort out what mother nature provided. Liked the boards but wondered how BGs would’ve done..
    Recent wind = sporty

Name:	IMG_5186.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	317299
    Can't believe you put skis in the porshaaa

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Can't believe you put skis in the porshaaa
    Makes me cringe to think about raw-doggin-it on the roof

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Recent wind = sporty
    Took my Lhasa Pows out after I hadn’t skied them in 3 years and I thought it was pretty effin good at Stevens. Even at 3 o’clock you could still find some not-completely-tracked-out in and near the trees. N facing was softer, (duh). I bet the BGs would’ve been great.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

How do we think Alpy will ski tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I bet the BGs would’ve been great.
    Yea I got caught slipping w/o my favorite ski.
    It was a solid day for sure in comparison to what it could be. Was thrown for how dense it skied considering the cold am temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    How do we think Alpy will ski tomorrow?
    Medicore

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Wind holds are pretty common at Mission Ridge and White Pass.
    T-line, mhm, bachy....etc. (OR hills but close enough)

High 12 was, uh, wind affected today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Some of us skirted the broken lifts and had fun nonetheless. However, Dweebus def had a rough day. On top of broken transport hardware I heard stories of water outages and a 30 minute ladies room line (what was happening in there if there was no water?). Eww.

There was something also amiss with the water treatment plant above lot B as lot A had the distinct aroma of whatI can only imagine might have been the smell of Ernest Borgnine's ass on a really bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Upper mtn at the Southern Resort shuttered all day yesterday and then today this happens

What's possible in one gondola ride required four chairs this afternoon. I suspect there are gonna be some irked folks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

On this day, February 24, in 1994, the Crystal Mountain ski resort in Washington State recorded 65 inches of snow in a 24 hour period, the state record for 24 hour snowfall.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    There was something also amiss with the water treatment plant above lot B as lot A had the distinct aroma of what I can only imagine might have been the smell of Ernest Borgnine's ass on a really bad day.
    The White River is turning brown because of Crystal.

"If you're not first, you're last." As someone who was there for the first and stayed til the last, it was definitely something. 10 laps today: 1 up top, 9 top-to-bottom, 8 of them out the gates. Far from mediocre

Name:	IMG_20200225_092449.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	317482

Name:	IMG_20200225_153927.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	317483

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    On this day, February 24, in 1994, the Crystal Mountain ski resort in Washington State recorded 65 inches of snow in a 24 hour period, the state record for 24 hour snowfall.
    remember that day vividly.

Naive high school kid thinking epic deepness only to get beat down but unrelenting depths of the heaviest wet gaunch. there was a lot of tailgunning on my ol Sally Superforce 9s.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    In spite of the vicious winds yesterday and last night the Windy Hill delivered beautiful dense windbuff today. Obvious windscoured areas easily navigated.
    My sore butt wished I could have avoided that easily avoided wind scoured.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I skied the day after and still hit rocks on High Campbell
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Better raise the Alpental shark danger to 6 tomorrow in commemoration

Night turns at Alpy we’re gooooooood tonight. Soft sugar stashes were everywhere. 12 year old fell asleep in the car before the Denny Creek exit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The east wind can be a blessing, but it can also be a curse

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Night turns at Alpy we’re gooooooood tonight. Soft sugar stashes were everywhere. 12 year old fell asleep in the car before the Denny Creek exit.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    So good tonight. My 16yo and I lapped it non stop from 6:30 to last chair. Soft, fun snow all night long regardless of what the precipitation was doing. We were on the hunt for jumps and found plenty of fun things to jump off on the lower mountain. Was working on my back scratcher and daffy form.

Hope it was good for the morning shift. I wanted to get up there, but work kept me down in Seattle. Hopefully it wasn't a powder tech junk show.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    So good tonight. My 16yo and I lapped it non stop from 6:30 to last chair. Soft, fun snow all night long regardless of what the precipitation was doing. We were on the hunt for jumps and found plenty of fun things to jump off on the lower mountain. Was working on my back scratcher and daffy form.

Hope it was good for the morning shift. I wanted to get up there, but work kept me down in Seattle. Hopefully it wasn't a powder tech junk show.
    Is the scratchy crust pretty much gone?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    We got there too late to get to the upper mountain, but I only felt a couple scratchy spots at the top of Dom and near the high traffic bumps under the chair before the final pitch on Armstrong. Everywhere else was skiing smooth. I didn't ski Ingrid's since my son doesn't like that run. My guess the top bumps there are still scratchy since they always are.

There was maybe 5-6" new since close Sunday, all heavy granulated high density sugar. Bouyant and bouncy and unsinkable, no ice to be felt.
    New snow, not pow.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    There was maybe 5-6" new since close Sunday, all heavy granulated high density sugar. Bouyant and bouncy and unsinkable, no ice to be felt.
    New snow, not pow.
    Soft piles all over the lower mountain, but definitely not pow. Fast, fun snow. Sounds like the freezing rain didn't stick around much last night (and it had no impact on the snow before 10pm) so it should be skiing pretty well today.

Total reset on Nash yesterday.