Page 32 of 117 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I dont make it up there often but begrudgingly made the drive wanting more than summit west. Some surprisingly good skiing up high, definitely better than dust on crust....I went home happy for sure.

To your other point, the Jerry Chute under 7th Heaven was prime entertainment over and over again. Is it always like that? Couldn't believe how many gave it a go...I guess word got out it was the best snow on the mountain.

Also, saw a poor guy get turned down in the foggy goggle trying to order his second double scotch and soda at lunch because he was exceeding the "2 drinks per hour" quota...since the first was a double. He was not drunk, about 225 and probably could have easily handled another cocktail. He took it well but a sure sign of corporate liability above all else.

So did you give it a shot? I’ve tried it twice and it’s gotten me twice. That was back in the nineteen nineties. My oldest brother says he was skiing it in the seventies. Not sure I believe him or not but that is what got me to try it. There is a stump that launches you up, you turn, and then the drop is further than it looks from the chair. Never knew it was the Jerry chute. We used to lap Bobby and Nancy chutes well before they moved the chair. Used to have to be man enough to ride the rope tow up to the Seventh Chair from Barrier. Probably not so many elementary kids could handle that these days....

I'm just talking about Bobby chute anything you might be describing sounds above my pay grade. The little boot pack and drop in that wraps back under the chair. I just decided to call it the jerry chute after all the carnage I saw friday that including some "epic" butt skiing of the bottom half. But it did ski well all day....seems there was lots of wind blown in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Barrier Bowl was a whole different animal back then as well.

Under the chair to me means under the chair. Bobby and Nancy chutes we skied when we were in sixth grade,

Don’t even get me started on where the Hogsback chair is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Much hiking was done to find wind f--ed snow. Good times, good views and sunshine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the invite. It was a good day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191228_101254.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	308120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191228_114217.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	308121

Nice! ^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    Sampled some Silver Fir today with the boy. Skied much better than expected. Saw the usual suspects lapping the soft snow. No real crowds to speak of, which surprised me. Never waited more than 60 seconds for a chair.
    You left at the right time, Silver Fir went down for a few prolonged stoppages before I bailed to Central Express. Could've been worse... Holiday (yes, the brand-spanking-new chair) was down for almost an hour after just about every safety sensor went haywire (incl. one stating the haul rope was missing)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8115.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	674.8 KB 
ID:	308214

What is this sun you speak of?

Taking some friends up to Crystal tomorrow, looking forward to finally checking out Chair 6 and Northway, even if there's not much freshness left.

Also heading out on an Intro to touring class at Snoqualmie Pass, my friend said he drove thru the pass today and it was looking real thin though...

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Taking some friends up to Crystal tomorrow, looking forward to finally checking out Chair 6 and Northway, even if there's not much freshness left.

Also heading out on an Intro to touring class at Snoqualmie Pass, my friend said he drove thru the pass today and it was looking real thin though...
    Rock skis for chair 6

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    my friend said he drove thru the pass today and it was looking real thin though...
    I’d take a second look
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Mild to moderately disappointed the Hawks couldn't pull off a victory, but the forecast is looking up for next weekend and it feels like things are finally returning to normal.

Huge thanks to SorryBro for the invite to tailgate today - made my afternoon and most of my first Hawks game experience! Viva la Seahawks - keep the lift lines shorter on Sundays, please!

Coming not this weekend but hopefully the following one, I'll try to pay tribute to the umbrella Overlord by taking the luxury liner into Crustal on the weekends. I'd like to get 20 days in this season if I can with the help of Fullstack and the Ullr bus.

Seattle folk, where do you get your air canisters filled? I've called mulitple scuba shops, evo, rei, feathered friends etc. A few of them did CO2 but none of them did air.

Search for a paintball refiller. Might help.

Try proski on aurora

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Seattle folk, where do you get your air canisters filled? I've called mulitple scuba shops, evo, rei, feathered friends etc. A few of them did CO2 but none of them did air.
    Underwater Sports on Aurora fills canisters.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Try proski on aurora
    Or Pro guiding in North Bend, I90 Motorsports Issaquah or there's a dive shop on Aurora I've used before when Pro Skis tank was empty..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Or Pro guiding in North Bend, I90 Motorsports Issaquah or there's a dive shop on Aurora I've used before when Pro Skis tank was empty..
    There is also a dive shop on Westlake that will do it. Although after just realizing my gauge was at 0 psi when I checked this weekend I might try somewhere else this time

Great, thanks for the recommendations everyone. Wish they weren't all in north Seattle, but hey if it could save my life I guess it's worth the 15 minute drive

Wish they weren't all in north Seattle
    Have you considered a navigation course to go with that airbag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Isn't a 15 min drive in Seattle about a mile?

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

^^^ x2
    Lulz

Which canister? The shops mentioned will fill BCA's version but not some of the euro brands.