Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2903
    1. There’s a bar under the big umbrella now but they ran out of beer .
    2. Left at 545(sorry kids ) 410 by 630. 7:15 arrival ... kids programs don’t start until 9:15 but at least I made it in the usual time frame .
    3. The mountain was chalk full of beginners and intermediates... more evidence of economic excess.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    We successfully ditched the edgie wedgie today!

That is all

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    That thing do any good? I'm getting ready to put one on my kid.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Back in the day (I used the KidSki leash/harness system that not only had a tip lock, but also a “wedge bar” that attached to the boots), 15 plus years ago, and I found it useful when introducing my 2 and 3 year olds to skiing. Gives them the feel for a pizza wedge until they understood and maintained the concept on their own. Useful, but to be ditched as soon as you can, to get the kids maintaining the pizza wedge (until they are ready for french fries) on their own.

This was my approach when I had kids in programs. Yeah, they weren't crazy about the early rise, but they'd pretty much crash as soon as they hit the car. You have plenty of time for gearing up and a bite to eat before they head out.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    2. Left at 545(sorry kids ) 410 by 630. 7:15 arrival ... kids programs don’t start until 9:15 but at least I made it in the usual time frame .
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    For my daughter yes it was very helpful in building her confidence and for muscle memory. Without it she would try and pizza but couldn't get her tips together more like a widestance with parallel skis. The first time she used it she figured it out. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    For my daughter yes it was very helpful in building her confidence and for muscle memory. Without it she would try and pizza but couldn't get her tips together more like a widestance with parallel skis. The first time she used it she figured it out. Highly recommend.

Agreed. Used them for both my kids and it made a huge difference. We were able to take them off about half way through the season.

Not to channel my inner Baker Bob, buuut

Name:  3ndwoj.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  73.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Not to channel my inner Baker Bob, buuut

Name:  3ndwoj.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  73.2 KB
    Told the boss I'd be feeling ill in the morning. Hoping there is enough soft stuff to cover up the rubble and make it worth it. I'll be checking the telemetry in the AM to see if I'm healthy enough for work.

I'm debating an escape to the mountains tonight in hopes of that 10" overnight...have to commit in the next few hours though. Hmm

Nice windbuff at Mission today. Found settled and somewhat wind affected snow In the hinterlands. Should be nice for the non working folks tomorrow. It’s nuking up there with cooling temps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	583E4F3F-0A0B-46B8-9963-FF4FF7B7DE3A.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	312638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0D1BA207-9BC3-4D69-B6D1-F70C9F655775.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	720.6 KB 
ID:	312639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	935C20D6-9D1E-4824-9A6F-94E991C8CF9A.jpeg 
Views:	165 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	312640Not sure what I uploaded but we were at Mission today

Apparently I offended a Crustal founder with my maymay when it got shared on their page. Come on up tomorrow for disrespect to the top and rain thru Sunday. I'll be here waiting

Today is looking deep! 15 inches so far tonight! Fullstack and I will be heading up today.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Only 4" @ 2800' so far with a brief clearing and steady temperature of 34F

5th chair, not to bad of a place to be. Just waiting for the gun.

Blue onyx with orange trim hh jacket, orange pants, orange helmet with a bbi 18 sticker.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

A PSA (not PSIA) for anyone who cares: Though I've been meaning to attend a steep skiing/Gordy-ish camp for years, I know I probably never will due to timing/travel/cost/etc. Noticed that Andy Mahre (as well as his wife, Shannon) offer private advanced /expert ski clinics at White Pass and figured, what the heck, I deserve a good xmas present for myself and booked it. I prob haven't had a real ski lesson in 40 years (I'm old).

Yesterday, I had my three-hour private with Andy and it was pretty awesome. To start, he's a laid back guy who just wants to have fun on the mountain. No real drills, just advice along the way as he observed what I was doing and how I could rethink my lines and flow better. Little tips that are easy to keep in the back of my head. We moved all over the mountain (he has a ton of little stashes I would have never located), had some fun and found some powder... on the lifts, we talked about ski industry gossip, filming for movies, family stuff and the usual... he's a good guy.

Anyhow, would def. recommend if anyone is in a similar boat. Mahremade is their site. And would book again next year to take it up a notch. Private 3-hour was about $250 which included demo K2 Mindbenders (any size/model) if you wanted them. They also do group clinics for a little cheaper. If you're like me and, over the years, you've spent thousands of dollars for your significant other and kid(s) to take lessons that are quickly forgotten about... it's a downright bargain.

If you're coming to shred Nash, make sure you bring a big enough spoon for the oatmeal and the debris

Snow was a little overcooked, but soft. Got very heavy and found out my Protests need a little more detuning, and my DINs need cranking (thanks ACH haha).

Shout out to ACH and Baker Bob for looking out for myself and the other guys in the first row earlier this morning. Its a shame folks like that douchenozzle are around, but very heartening to know there are good folks like you two around as well.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Snow was a little overcooked, but soft. Got very heavy and found out my Protests need a little more detuning, and my DINs need cranking (thanks ACH haha).

Shout out to ACH and Baker Bob for looking out for myself and the other guys in the first row earlier this morning. Its a shame folks like that douchenozzle are around, but very heartening to know there are good folks like you two around as well.
    Was worried that would be the case. Was thinking of heading up for a night session. Would it be worth it?

Took this pic circa 10:15am. Dude didn't even know when the ski area opened nor had any real sense of when he should've been there

Name:  MVIMG_20200128_103041.jpeg
Views: 860
Size:  83.2 KB
    Last edited by pipedream; 01-28-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Apparently I offended a Crustal founder with my maymay when it got shared on their page
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

And huh?

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    My experience is it got in the way and held him back. Sample of one so you may get better mileage. Congrats and hope to see you guys up there.

Hyak snowpack is taking a beating

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200128_170041.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	312782

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    My experience is it got in the way and held him back. Sample of one so you may get better mileage. Congrats and hope to see you guys up there.
    Will look for you. Up there a lot.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.