Page 113 of 117 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2903
    It certainly looks bad based on that document but I would caution that people let the courts make their determination upon the basis of all the evidence, not just the probable cause document, before we all pass judgement. This is the type of accusation that ruins a person's life, justifiably so if it is true, even if it is found to be incorrect/untrue.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What is this? Are you recommending defense attorneys for the pedophile?

I’m hoping he just kills himself.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Or we could stick with the tried and true American way of passing judgement before knowing all the facts (or while knowing all the 'facts'. See QAnon, climate change, etc.)
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I believe everyone deserves a competent, effective, defense attorney, no matter how heinous the crime. That is how the system works.
    Of course you do.

Looks like the charge could be Possession of depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct under RCW 9.68A.070.

Note, "For the purposes of determining the unit of prosecution under this subsection, each depiction or image of visual or printed matter constitutes a separate offense." In other words, ten photos, or ten videos, equals ten counts. One photo, one count.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.68A.070

Even with just a single count, and no prior criminal history, a person charged with this would be facing 12 to 14 months prison. If the person has nine photos, the range is 77 to 102 months prison. The sentencing range for this crime is below:

Name:  Screenshot (13).png
Views: 732
Size:  177.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post

Or we could stick with the tried and true American way of passing judgement before knowing all the facts (or while knowing all the 'facts'. See QAnon, climate change, etc.)
    Sure thing bud.

I believe everyone deserves a competent, effective, defense attorney, no matter how heinous the crime. That is how the system works.
    The counterpoint is that money =/= deserving of justice and the imbalance of talent and investment between public service and private practice invariably promotes miscarriages of justice and promotes social inequity. Let the facts speak for themselves, there's a big difference between "competent" and "the best legal defense money can buy".

You'd be surprised how competent the free public defenders are. Some of the best defense attorneys in the state are public defenders (David Allen, who I cited above as the best private attorney in the state, is a former public defender). So is former federal public defender, and now Washington Supreme Court judge, JUSTICE SHERYL GORDON McCLOUD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Gordon_McCloud

I don't have any experience in Kittitas County, but the public defenders in King County are excellent and every bit as competent as the private attorneys. You only get a public defender if you are indigent, so lots are forced to pay for a private attorney whether they want to or not.

Not shocked.

Not condoning behaviors but posting his info is bullshit.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Not shocked.
    Not shocked by him being charged with this or by a following post? If the former - how come? Did he come across as creepy? Or...? If the latter, as you were - I’m obviously lost.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

It's public record and easily obtained. If he is acquitted, I will be happy to help him clean up any traces of this on the internet for free. And if convicted, and he remains crime free for ten years, I will help him vacate/dismiss the offense for free (it appears to be a felony that can be vacated after a period of time). Unfortunately, once you get entered into government databases, it is virtually impossible to get that info out. I would love if the law were strengthened in this regard. I wasn't the first to post what appears to be a probable cause statement on this site. For instance, Seattle Times has a voluntary policy to not publish people's names unless/until they are actually charged with a crime. But once that cat is out of the bag, I will post information to help people accurately understand the legal process.

Guess I shoulda gone skiing below treeline last week just to start a new thread.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Going to look for is not the same as reposting elsewhere to be found by those not going to look for it. Public record or not.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

It's public record and easily obtained. If he is acquitted, I will be happy to help him clean up any traces of this on the internet for free. Unfortunately, once you get entered into government databases, it is virtually impossible to get that info out. I would love if the law were strengthened in this regard. I wasn't the first to post what appears to be a probable cause statement on this site. But once that cat is out of the bag, I will post information to help people understand the legal process.
    +1

"If you don't want it printed, don't let it happen."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Not shocked by him being charged with this or by a following post? If the former - how come? Did he come across as creepy? Or...? If the latter, as you were - I’m obviously lost.
    The former: gut feeling.
    Last edited by glademaster; 10-18-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I’m torn on this. On one hand I kind of agree, on the other I feel it should be known so as those with or without kids can keep clear.

It's public record and easily obtained. If he is acquitted, I will be happy to help him clean up any traces of this on the internet for free. And if convicted, and he remains crime free for ten years, I will help him vacate/dismiss the offense for free (it appears to be a felony that can be vacated after a period of time). Unfortunately, once you get entered into government databases, it is virtually impossible to get that info out. I would love if the law were strengthened in this regard. I wasn't the first to post what appears to be a probable cause statement on this site. For instance, Seattle Times has a voluntary policy to not publish people's names unless/until they are actually charged with a crime. But once that cat is out of the bag, I will post information to help people accurately understand the legal process.
    Mad props to you altasnob. For the rest of you. I suggest you see what it’s like to spend a night or two in jail and reevaluate how the prison industrial complex ruins your life in the snap of a finger. Regardless of what you did and how you may want to change. I don’t know pipedream. Sounds like what he did was fucked up. Being forced to register for a sex offender registry is also fucked up and does nothing for rehabilitation.

In addition I could write paragraphs about the injustice between a private attorney and a public defender and it can have very little to do with the quality of the representation and way more to do with whom the judge likes. Thankfully I don’t think this is the case in King County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Following it up with the wish that the person take their own life is just as fucked.

Seems like it's time to move this thread back in the proper direction. This is truly sad, but not much more to say about it at this point.

If money is no issue, and you want the best in the state, here is the defense attorney I would recommend:

https://ahmlawyers.com/pages-2010/allen-bio-1.html

If you want one closer to Ellensburg:

http://www.wblawfirm.com/index.php?o...=22&Itemid=153
    I thought Dan Samas was the go to defense attorney for mags in WA?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Mad props to you altasnob. For the rest of you. I suggest you see what it’s like to spend a night or two in jail and reevaluate how the prison industrial complex ruins your life in the snap of a finger. Regardless of what you did and how you may want to change. I don’t know pipedream. Sounds like what he did was fucked up. Being forced to register for a sex offender registry is also fucked up and does nothing for rehabilitation.

In addition I could write paragraphs about the injustice between a private attorney and a public defender and it can have very little to do with the quality of the representation and way more to do with whom the judge likes. Thankfully I don’t think this is the case in King County.

He’s in Kittitas county, that’s like the difference between Mobile AL and San Francisco CA.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    He’s in Kittitas county, that’s like the difference between Mobile AL and San Francisco CA.

Exactly.

Going to look for is not the same as reposting elsewhere to be found by those not going to look for it. Public record or not.
    Ok, gave it more thought and deleted reference to his name in my post above. Again, I only posted because AK47bp posted the probable cause affidavit first, which had his name. I would never had chosen to post his name first, not because it is illegal to do so, but because of ethical considerations. But I figured once his was posted, ok to post facts on the case and explain the applicable laws.

Anyway, whether one should have their criminal case information posted on the internet is a fascinating ethical dilemma worthy of its own padded room thread, but shouldn't be on the general skiing thread. To truly sanitize TGR of his name, you will need to get snoqpass to delete his original link to the affidavit. And also delete the post where AK47bp quotes my post. Maybe as a compromise, just list his TGR name without his real name and redact his name from the probable cause affidavit.
    Last edited by altasnob; 10-18-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

I just linked to the padded room thread it was posted in.

But come on, what are the chances this all a misunderstanding.

Fuck that guy.

Many WA folks here are pretty familiar with this guy irl. I’m not using his user name or real name but this is really fucked if true. I’m hoping it’s just a huge misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I thought Dan Samas was the go to defense attorney for mags in WA? TGR Forums
    I am a criminal defense attorney. I have co-tried cases with David Allen and his partners. They are indisputably one of the top criminal defense firms in the state. I recommended John Bragwin because he is not far from Ellensburg and his contributions to the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers email list serve (the private criminal defense attorney trade group in the state).

Other good sex offense attorneys in Seattle include:

https://www.meryhewlaw.com/brad-a-meryhew.html

https://www.amymuthlaw.com/

Both of the above attorneys often testify on and draft legislation regarding sex offenses in Washington.