Page 41 of 117 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2903
    Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Not too bad at Mission this morning. Seems to be a continued effort at glading which I’m all for. Skied lots of untracked powder with some scraping underneath in places. Liberator was not running. I was cracking up inside to see an aged ski bum hiding his beer that he obviously poured into a water bottle that was brought from home. Another laughing inside moment but also really feeling bad for the guy was a rope-ducker on one of the chair three break overs. The rope is meant to protect the skier’s head from being hit by skis worn by the folks on the chair. Anyway, he ducks it and I’m on the chair right there. I kind of don’t blame him due to the low tide and entrance to the slope. However, it was a two-rope fence and he hooked the lower rope. It came off from it’s uphill anchor and hooked on to the skier. This amused his friends below who gave him plenty of crap.
    The guy with the beer in the pop bottle brews his own beer.

Did you check with Z-bo before you posted? Clearance is necessary. You must be the “two” guys that ski at Mission, quoting yourself makes it seem so.

Anyone ski Mt Dweebus yesterday? Bet it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    So long as the access road is kept in shitty shape, huh?
    Capacity is $150 for 2 runs all day with an hour in line each time, and by 11:30 you're so frustrated you go to the Elk (which is definitely at capacity) and wait in line again to spend money on food and drink. Seems right.

Tailgate in the parking lot. Until they ban that too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The unofficial report was "bottomless with free refills all day"

6’3” friend said it was blowing over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    Capacity is $150 for 2 runs all day with an hour in line each time, and by 11:30 you're so frustrated you go to the Elk (which is definitely at capacity) and wait in line again to spend money on food and drink. Seems right.
    You do know the Elk isn't owned by Alterra.

And long may it stay that way.

Support a small family business with valued long term employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Forget about Stevens, what about Baker? Is it even in PNW?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes, that's right. Forget about Mt Baker. It isn't in the pnw. These aren't the powder turns you're looking for. /Obi Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Re: Crystal infrastructure - To be fair they have installed two non-magic carpets at the top of 6, which are VERY entertaining.
    Not a fan. The sharky-whoopdy entrance to the traverse was a nice gatekeeping feature.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Not a fan. The sharky-whoopdy entrance to the traverse was a nice gatekeeping feature.

Watched quite a few people get bucked on Saturday on those things. I chose to hop rock patches vs try to survive the skiers right one that stopped you just quick enough to go over the bars into a big ol mogul.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You do know the Elk isn't owned by Alterra.

And long may it stay that way.

Support a small family business with valued long term employees.
    I do, every chance I get! (Did not know it was independent, which is great)

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Is that the OG teamdirt?
    lol-yup

As long as Alterra doesn’t touch the Shitter Dungeon, I’m happy.

P.S. A skiing related question, is Yodelin filled in or is the alder still large and in change?

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Forget about Stevens, what about Baker? Is it even in PNW?

Baker is actually closed. Forever. Never to re-open. A giant land slide blocked the road. It is totally inaccessible. Never go there. Tell your friend it is dead.

This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    ICYMI Hwy 2 is closed from Scenic to Coles Corner overnight due to a bunch of down trees and wires.
    I ended up cutting a 10” fallen tree with my axe to get up to stevens from the east side yesterday, near the rock mt. trailhead....a big crew of bottled up drivers all pitched in to move it off the road once it broke. Kind of fun actually.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    As long as Alterra doesn’t touch the Shitter Dungeon, I’m happy.

P.S. A skiing related question, is Yodelin filled in or is the alder still large and in change?
    I’m going to say give Yodelin more time. Like until it has a decent forest fire.

Gravity always wins...

Some pretty good base-building weather in the passes overnight and this morning. That could change later today, but we'll have to wait & see...

I'm ready for a country club sleeper day. Or three.

Also my contract just got extended another 6 months so I might be putting my home improvement plans on hold for this summer. I was told further extension is not possible without converting to FTE, which seems unlikely, and therefore this extension makes my mandatory 6 month break more or less the entirety of next ski season

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I’ve been combing this thread for awhile. Does anyone ski Steven’s? Doesn’t really seem like it! I had a few good turns there before the new year and look forward to returning back later in feb/March .
    Dude! Get at me. Would love to show you around. Check yer pm's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The guy with the beer in the pop bottle brews his own beer.

Did you check with Z-bo before you posted? Clearance is necessary. You must be the “two” guys that ski at Mission, quoting yourself makes it seem so.
    No clearance is necessary. I was only giving my preference to the padded seats clogging the thread with bullshit over mission ridge clogging the thread with bullshit. Toilet clogging of the thread sucks for those of us who prefer stoke but heckling seems to keep it down. Glad it tickled your butt hole

It was
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’m going to say give Yodelin more time. Like until it has a decent forest fire.
    ]
    Thank you. This is a recurring theme. I blame Alterra.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    No clearance is necessary. I was only giving my preference to the padded seats clogging the thread with bullshit over mission ridge clogging the thread with bullshit. Toilet clogging of the thread sucks for those of us who prefer stoke but heckling seems to keep it down. Glad it tickled your butt hole

It’s all bullshit, you of all people should know this. I’m a little disappointed I didn’t get a reach around with the butthole tickle

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s all bullshit, you of all people should know this. I’m a little disappointed I didn’t get a reach around with the butthole tickle
    Sure, in the grand scheme of things talking on the internet about sliding on snow might be of little importance, but I tend to think that if its important to your personal experience while on this blue planet flying through space then it can't be bullshit. We can only experience what is directly in front of us and sometimes this bullshit is the best experience I can have without being on skis. With that in mind, bullshit is relative to your reality. My bullshit doesn't have to be your bullshit but if our shared reality comes together at just the right moment it can become our bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Sure, in the grand scheme of things talking on the internet about sliding on snow might be of little importance, but I tend to think that if its important to your personal experience while on this blue planet flying through space then it can't be bullshit. We can only experience what is directly in front of us and sometimes this bullshit is the best experience I can have without being on skis. With that in mind, bullshit is relative to your reality. My bullshit doesn't have to be your bullshit but if our shared reality comes together at just the right moment it can become our bullshit.

STFU

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_155515.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	309548