Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2388
  1. #2201
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,633
    People staying at home is helping. Please keep doing it:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/u...sion-rate.html

  2. #2202
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    USFS suspended the permits of ski areas on their land. Private landowners have shuttered access to their property which abuts this land. Comprehend that as you wish
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  3. #2203
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    People staying at home is helping. Please keep doing it:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/u...sion-rate.html
    Thanks for that great article. And Trump has had the gall to criticize Inslee more than once, right?

    That said, there's close to 3 feet of fresh at Baker, and ~70 inches since about 10 days ago, when I had hiked to Pan Dome and shot two great timelapses of the sunset, one facing Shuksan, one facing Baker, from the roof of the patrol shack. I wonder if anyone will venture out touring. Probably really risky and foolhardy.... and maybe the road is barricaded anyhow...

  4. #2204
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    5,868
    Where there's a will, there's a way.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  5. #2205
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Powder Mountain
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
    Thanks for that great article. And Trump has had the gall to criticize Inslee more than once, right?

    That said, there's close to 3 feet of fresh at Baker, and ~70 inches since about 10 days ago, when I had hiked to Pan Dome and shot two great timelapses of the sunset, one facing Shuksan, one facing Baker, from the roof of the patrol shack. I wonder if anyone will venture out touring. Probably really risky and foolhardy.... and maybe the road is barricaded anyhow...
    Yep, roads closed, no more plowing, parkings closed, trailheads closed, i even hear the locals are waxing windshields

    #stayinyourzipcode

  6. #2206
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    Mediocre morning

    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  7. #2207
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    12,269
    No avy reporting. Day after a dump. Gotta be pretty sketchy up there.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  8. #2208
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    No avy reporting. Day after a dump. Gotta be pretty sketchy up there.
    This.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  9. #2209
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    This.
    Yup....

  10. #2210
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    782
    DOT control work happening this morning on the High 2.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  11. #2211
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ellensburg
    Posts
    24
    I took a peek at the snoqualmie webcams a few minutes ago caught an intrepid skier setting a track up alpine--also saw a lady giving a lecture to a group of three skier were preparing to head up alpental--looked like she called them in on her phone. I'm not making a judgement here... but tattletales drive me nuts!

  12. #2212
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    199
    Well, I mean the resorts are closed...

  13. #2213
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    74
    nothing - and I mean nothing - will keep me from looking at mountain cams and torturing myself.

    I ain't no snitch though.

  14. #2214
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    nothing - and I mean nothing - will keep me from looking at mountain cams and torturing myself.

    I ain't no snitch though.
    Everyone has a price.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  15. #2215
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,078
    I hear you get a gold star from inslee for turning in a skier

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  16. #2216
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    Last I checked, yard laps aren't cancelled

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200331_191149.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	323153
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  17. #2217
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    Garbage & recycling day is Wednesday. Always has been, always will be. Tonight's just came with an extra side of signage and a pretty sunset for dessert

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200401_192153.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	323285

    Name:  IMG_20200401_192313.jpeg
Views: 837
Size:  49.3 KB

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200401_192406.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	323287
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  18. #2218
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Garbage & recycling day is Wednesday. Always has been, always will be. Tonight's just came with an extra side of signage and a pretty sunset for dessert

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200401_192153.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	323285

    Name:  IMG_20200401_192313.jpeg
Views: 837
Size:  49.3 KB

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200401_192406.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	323287
    Appreciate the pics, A. It's the closest I'll get to the mountains it seems for awhile.

  19. #2219
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lupiter
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Yep, roads closed, no more plowing, parkings closed, trailheads closed, i even hear the locals are waxing windshields

    #stayinyourzipcode
    And yet instacrap has pics of a group hanging from the lift rope, climbing towers to jump into the 4ft, and... after 4ft with no avy mitigation... skinning up through the fucking canyon!?!

    Why did I see the Navy's flying ambulance westbound from Baker at 10:30 this morning?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using TGR Forums mobile app

  20. #2220
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,260
    Lost 'biler. Found hypothermic by some sled skiers. Heli evacuated by NAS whidbey

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  21. #2221
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a parallel universe
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Lost 'biler. Found hypothermic by some sled skiers. Heli evacuated by NAS whidbey
    Link? A search did not generate a relevant result.
    Assume Baker zone?

  22. #2222
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,071
    If ski season fails to materialize next season, is snoqualmie in a comparatively advantageous position to other resorts in that they might build into their business model a total skunking of snow every 7-8 years already? Maybe they carry extra insurance because they are susceptible to a non-season once a decade on average?

    Maybe dakine comes out with a cool N95 balaclava and saves the ski season?

  23. #2223
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    If things do operate on a roughly 10 year cycle, then based on how epic the 2010-2011 season was (my first as an Unlimited passholder at the Summit), then next season should be legit.

    Also I guess I'll be taking the guidance of my county's director of public health and staying in my county. It's not like I wanted to ski moguls uphill anyway

    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  24. #2224
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    550
    It just keeps getting "better"

    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  25. #2225
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,831
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    It just keeps getting "better"

    Did you ask if chair 2 is open?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •