Page 81 of 117 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2903
    Baker's done.

Rode Mission the past 3 days and if this was the end it went out on a good note. Friday morning started out with a couple inches and just kept getting better. Yesterday was all-time and so was the lineup. Deep, almost too deep in areas which led to postholing out if there wasn't a track to follow. Today the sun was in effect, cold and beautiful with lots of side stashes and selective turns in the white room. Vid is a lame edit from Saturday after my fully-charged battery died from the cold 2 runs in (-25 with the windchill).

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post
    Rode Mission the past 3 days and if this was the end it went out on a good note. Friday morning started out with a couple inches and just kept getting better. Yesterday was all-time and so was the lineup. Deep, almost too deep in areas which led to postholing out if there wasn't a track to follow. Today the sun was in effect, cold and beautiful with lots of side stashes and selective turns in the white room. Vid is a lame edit from Saturday after my fully-charged battery died from the cold 2 runs in (-25 with the windchill).

Damn that looked fun

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

From xtal report:

Uphill Travel

Uphill travel will be allowed in all areas within the ski area boundary, including Southback. Uphill travelers do so at their own risk. There is no avalanche mitigation, ski patrol rescue, or hazard marking within the ski area. Caution! Heavy equipment, snowmobiles and lifts may be operating on the hill at anytime. You will be charged for rescue efforts. Snowmobiles and motorized vehicles are not allowed on the mountain.

We enjoyed one last (frigid) day at White Pass today. Vibe was strange - lodge was awkwardly full due to cold weather.

Uphill skiing it is this spring, I suppose. Be safe out there, especially healthcare/hospital staff. We appreciate you.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post

Great day, windchill and temp related hype was a load of bullshit. Saturday was dead calm all day, even on the ridgelines with comfortable temps. But it sounds way more hardcore to talk about -25 windchills.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Great day, windchill and temp related hype was a load of bullshit. Saturday was dead calm all day, even on the ridgelines with comfortable temps. But it sounds way more hardcore to talk about -25 windchills.
    This is heart warming, I’d say that single digit temps with sustained north winds of 50-60 mph at the summit (ridge line) is pretty chilly. It was fine lower though.

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Lolz

They were trying to get out of town gapers to stay home!

Did you notice there was almost no social media all weekend? For a 2ft storm at mission ridge?

Jesus, if only you’d self isolate. Where do you get off bringing your west side bullshit to our little hill?

Those Lift lines were hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Do we know what uphill policy is going to be now that Summit is closed?
    The winter policy will be in effect until further notice
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Those Lift lines were hardcore

After two laps the lines weren’t a problem. I skied chair 4 all day and it was ski right on. Same yesterday, only 2-3 minute wait for the quad at the busiest. Most people spent their day trying to dig out from a fall or getting stuck in the flats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1584381213.279929.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	320567
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

As of Sunday afternoon, 420 people in King County have tested positive for COVID-19 with 37 deaths, mostly from elderly patients at infected nursing homes.
    Them's some numbers. Stay safe and sane everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post

Fuuckin Zach

Fuuckin Zach

I’d thought Piper found a furry friend

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post

I social-distanced myself from the guy with the shotski.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Un-necessary travel highly discouraged by Governor Inslee as of today. So some touring in the vacated mountains might piss off our gracious leaders but I need some therapy! No skiing might be more harmful than cruising through the cleaner than a long time atmosphere and 1970'ish traffic flow.

Skinned Mission to Microwave today hoping for some sloppy seconds but it looks like Bowl 4 got worked over pretty good this weekend. Sugar Bowl still had some nice lines but there are sharks lurking just below the surface and plenty of chocolate chips showing where people made the wrong call. Pretty stoked for a 4-day stretch to close out the last of the operations and slurp up some leftovers
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Not Neil Armstrong has the shot to end the thread.

Glad the sun came out and glad it was pass holders only yesterday as i couldnt of dealt with a cinco type drunk atmosphere.

Glad the sun came out and glad it was pass holders only yesterday as i couldnt of dealt with a cinco type drunk atmosphere.

Nice. How old is she?

Did you take her down International?

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shes 5. Im not gonna front like shes able to ski blacks and double blacks, she can't not yet at least . After she washed out several times on the icy moguls i carried her down to where she could manage. I thought it was a great day to take her up top, icing on the cake for an albeit short season a very rewarding one for this dad

Right on, way to get her stoke right and nobody on the hill to mess with those great vibes. There's a silver lining to these ominous clouds!