Page 105 of 117 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2903
    Huh? Website says Hall Pass Gold has standard blackout dates. Standard blackout dates are basically all my midwinter ski days. Would be a pretty good deal to get parking and no blackout dates for $900.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    what in the fucking FUCK!

"safari can't open the page". of course. fucking Alterra is right. Let's see...hall pass gold...parking, light blackouts for $899 vs. Ikon and parking for $2k?????

of course no details available. jeezus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

and now they've disappeared from the site....

You can still get there via the link in Stikki's post

and now they've disappeared from the site....

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    You can still get there via the link in Stikki's post
    yea, but the links to purchase don't work

Quote Originally Posted by Ow_My_Balls View Post
    Crustal's gone full retard.
    Give it time, it's only September. Lotsa time to devolve yet.

CM, via stikki’s link says:

“It’s been a strange year, but there is no debate that greater forces have caused all of us to shift our thinking on many fronts. One of those is looking locally on where and how we play, opening our eyes to the glory of our own PNW backyard. We know we live in paradise, but sometimes we forget. Rather than big trips and long drives—or hitting refresh for updates on the border closure—we’re playing locally and appreciating what we’ve got here, in our glorious home range.

Our new Local Pass celebrates this movement to tap in, without driving too far.”

Give me a freaking break.

The parking lots were already full of skiers that just want to ski CM before Alterra took the reigns and forced us into this ikon disaster. We knew what we had, we came back year after year, without “big trips and long drives” marketing hype.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

I don’t know about you guys but I’m ready to tap in, not drive far, and celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I didn't get to the read Crystals update before they took it down. So they are trying to offer new pass options this late in the game?? Seems like most would-be pass buyers already bought their Ikon pass... I'd be very interested to see Ikons sales in the puget sound compare to last year

On a lighter note it looks like xtal is building a new parking lot across from E lot. Took this on 9/7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1988.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	981.0 KB 
ID:	340750

Oh good; that will make Crustal even more crowded.

Really kind of a joke when Alterra has bungled the road management so badly that people can't even get up the access road.

Plus, the parking pass web mechanism is still broken!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I wonder if that's for bus parking now they're not going to be in A lot?

It's an increase in parking capacity though. Completely the wrong solution.

Fucking Alterra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pulled the trigger on the Unlimited for laps at Silver via the hut to groomed side country. Hope they get an outdoor bar working. Two trips up chair two and it's a wash.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

It just worked for us.

It's not working clearly on the front end though.

You have to enter any date range for your "visit"

Then we were only seeing the midweek pass available, but there's an option there to change order which reveals the full pass.

Transaction completed and email receipt received.

Some really slick website design. The reservation system is going to be fucking awesome.

Really kind of a joke when Alterra has bungled the road management so badly that people can't even get up the access road.

Honest question. What did they fuck up? Bad plowing? No bouncer at bottom for tractionless mor-ans? I always attributed the congaline to driver stupidity that seems out of their control?

Cut the size & budget of plow crew.

Started plowing too late or not at all on snow days.

Didn't pay for law enforcement to police chain requirements.

Plus overcrowding caused by Ikon pass sales meant traffic was arriving earlier and earlier.

Seattle PD charges $67/hr for a uniformed cop in a cruiser. I doubt the local sheriff is any different. They could probably spend under $50k and staff the storm weekends and busy days with two sheriffs. A lot cheaper than any other “improvement”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

yeah, but #defundthepolice....

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It just worked for us.

It's not working clearly on the front end though.

You have to enter any date range for your "visit"

Then we were only seeing the midweek pass available, but there's an option there to change order which reveals the full pass.

Transaction completed and email receipt received.

Some really slick website design. The reservation system is going to be fucking awesome.
    Can someone post a link to where to find this info? The link posted before returns 404

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Can someone post a link to where to find this info? The link posted before returns 404
    Requires a token you receive when renewing your parking permit.

and ad blockers in your browser may be fucking with you.....

and ad blockers in your browser may be fucking with you.....
    ^This was my problem.

On the subject of Crustal abuse and errors, at the root is knowingly selling more tickets to a public owned resource than can be satisfied. That is a betrayal of the Public Trust.

As for access road specifics, in the old days, before Boyne/Kircher and on through the Boyne/Kircher ownership, on snow days the management spent significant resources plowing and sanding the access road as well as hiring WSP to stop cars with inadequate traction at the access road juncture with SR410. Each of these functions have been omitted by Alterra Management to the detriment of all pass and lesson clients. Many such clients prepaid for lessons or tickets and yet on several weekend days last year were not able to access the area. To Alterras credit, later on in the season, they did start allocating some resources to access road maintenance, but not enough.

One of the old guard last year on one of the messed up days skied up to me near tears and lamented that "Crystal is done, it's over".

I think that's overreacting and I hope that things normalize there, but it's up to Alterra to step up their responsibility to the public at large as well as Crustal patrons.

^This was my problem.

On the subject of Crustal abuse and errors, at the root is knowingly selling more tickets to a public owned resource than can be satisfied. That is a betrayal of the Public Trust.

As for access road specifics, in the old days, before Boyne/Kircher and on through the Boyne/Kircher ownership, on snow days the management spent significant resources plowing and sanding the access road as well as hiring WSP to stop cars with inadequate traction at the access road juncture with SR410. Each of these functions have been omitted by Alterra Management to the detriment of all pass and lesson clients. Many such clients prepaid for lessons or tickets and yet on several weekend days last year were not able to access the area. To Alterras credit, later on in the season, they did start allocating some resources to access road maintenance, but not enough.

One of the old guard last year on one of the messed up days skied up to me near tears and lamented that "Crystal is done, it's over".

I think that's overreacting and I hope that things normalize there, but it's up to Alterra to step up their responsibility to the public at large as well as Crustal patrons.
    Gotcha. I mean I've been here 15 years and the entire experience/value proposition at both Crystal and Stevens have really gone down the shitter in that time. I remember when you could get 2/1 nightskiing tickets with a tank of gas from Shell, and the lots were chill. Now I feel like every day is such a clusterfuck that I'm pulling the trigger on an RV/van option in part because I just can't deal with it anymore.

The Cascades need more ski areas, and major expansion of present ski area infrastructure and acreage. /deadhorse

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The Cascades need more ski areas, and major expansion of present ski area infrastructure and acreage. /deadhorse
    Yup. And this is where I diverge from most libuhrals with regard to the Nature Conservancy, the Sierra Club and other environmental groups who attack the ski areas on the basis of environmental impacts but largely ignore the extraction industries like mining and logging (queue Greydon Clark).

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Gotcha. I mean I've been here 15 years and the entire experience/value proposition at both Crystal and Stevens have really gone down the shitter in that time. I remember when you could get 2/1 nightskiing tickets with a tank of gas from Shell, and the lots were chill. Now I feel like every day is such a clusterfuck that I'm pulling the trigger on an RV/van option in part because I just can't deal with it anymore.
    One the one hand, I'm part of the problem too, but it's like none of the infrastructure implemented in the 60s and 70s has been upgraded to support the massive influx of people. The book 'Scale" really explains how growth costs a community.

Seattle used to be the best kept secret in skiing.