Page 90 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2903
    Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Wow. We may have to do that!
    I sent them an email regarding purchasing and shipping a Look Pivot Jig. But it looks like the person listing them does not know the specifics of what jigs are available. He did say that you can stop by and take a look. I live in Seattle and don't feel like it's a good idea to travel over to Wenatchee for this. So if anyone who lives in Wenatchee want's to swing by to snatch a Look Pivot Jig, i'd really grateful as I've been looking for one for a while.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Did the same thing. Got a super douche response from the guy though, guessing cause they have zero idea what they actually have.
    Also in Seattle and not wanting to make the trip with lockdown right now unfortunately.

I’m just wondering if it is the old tuna sport stuff. There has been ongoing construction at that old site all during the shutdown. Looks like they are putting in a lower level to the building which was listed for quite a while. As in digging under and new foundations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I sent them an email regarding purchasing and shipping a Look Pivot Jig. But it looks like the person listing them does not know the specifics of what jigs are available. He did say that you can stop by and take a look. I live in Seattle and don't feel like it's a good idea to travel over to Wenatchee for this. So if anyone who lives in Wenatchee want's to swing by to snatch a Look Pivot Jig, i'd really grateful as I've been looking for one for a while.
    The guy sent me a pretty cordial email, but it sounds like he has no idea what jigs they have and hasn't mounted a ski in his life. I wouldn't mind driving over from Seattle, but from looking at the pictures, it looks like the only modern (meaning wide) jigs are the Salomon/Atomic STH2/Warden and Triax (Z) jigs (they seem to have duplicates, but I already own them), the Pivot one in the photo was too narrow for most skis I would mount. He said they mostly mounted "rental" type skis, and it looked like no AT jigs at all, only some really old telemark stuff. (the address on the ad says it is "Sports and Fitness Outlet" at 1407 Maiden Lane).

Wickstad, you're there, you should stop and take a look - he said he's there Mon-Fri from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM or could arrange to be there after 5:30 PM. Let me know if they have any bootfitting tools.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    The guy sent me a pretty cordial email, but it sounds like he has no idea what jigs they have and hasn't mounted a ski in his life. I wouldn't mind driving over from Seattle, but from looking at the pictures, it looks like the only modern (meaning wide) jigs are the Salomon/Atomic STH2/Warden and Triax (Z) jigs (they seem to have duplicates, but I already own them), the Pivot one in the photo was too narrow for most skis I would mount. He said they mostly mounted "rental" type skis, and it looked like no AT jigs at all, only some really old telemark stuff. (the address on the ad says it is "Sports and Fitness Outlet" at 1407 Maiden Lane).
    Good eye, Greg. Thanks. Yeah I agree it's not worth driving over for a "maybe". That's why I'm hoping a local would take a glance for me

A Look Pivot jig that fits larger skis is worth it's weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post

Wickstad, you're there, you should stop and take a look - he said he's there Mon-Fri from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM or could arrange to be there after 5:30 PM. Let me know if they have any bootfitting tools.
    I’m sure I’d be less help than the guy who owns the stuff. I’ve mounted my own skis for about twenty years now but all freeheel stuff. I tape a transparency on the ski, hit it with a nail, and drill my holes.

I checked out the jigs this morning. *Disclaimer: I am not very knowledgeable on jigs/patterns/bindings.

Seems there are quite a few, but mostly older/rental/etc. Some I did see that I thought would be of interest:

Marker alpine (jester? etc.)
    Marker frame binding (touring)-this was wide (115-120 at widest I think).
    STH (driver) - multiple
    One labeled Look Pivot, but 100mm wide max.
    Lots of rental/alpine/juniors for generic Look/Salomon/Rossignol/etc.

I'm an idiot and forgot to take pictures, unfortunately. Could assist in purchase and shipping if anyone is interested.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Could assist in purchase and shipping if anyone is interested.
    steveski, check your PM's . . .

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    With Inslee saying things will start opening up on May 4, including outdoor recreation, maybe we'll be able to get a limited Cinco. They could follow the Mt. Baldy opening model. Any Pass locals know how the hill is looking?
    Pretty torn-down and blocked-off

Rain rain go away

Name:  IMG_20200425_144520_208~2.jpeg
Views: 1757
Size:  145.6 KB
    Last edited by pipedream; 04-25-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Rain rain go away

Name:  IMG_20200425_144520_208~2.jpeg
Views: 1757
Size:  145.6 KB
    That picture is awesome. Would make a great jig saw puzzle. Fuck you covid for bringing out my ninja jigsaw puzzle prowess

Not saying we wouldn't have made it to Cinco, but it would've been close

Name:  IMG_20200426_200603.jpeg
Views: 966
Size:  113.9 KB

Looks like outdoor recreation is coming back

Too late, too little to work with now to get any sort of lift-served operations reopened, esp. w/ the social distancing reqs that will be put into effect for what limited recreational opportunities are given the green light to be used as the canary in the coal mine. Best bet would be lift-served summer skiing on the south side of Hood. But hey, the SW chutes on Adams will still be good

Looks like state-managed lands only at this point--so no ski areas yet. =/

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    USFS only closed due to the state. My guess is they open at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    USFS only closed due to the state. My guess is they open at the same time.
    I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I'll take anything I can get...also I'm an avid golfer, so I'm pretty pumped.

I wouldn't hold-out much hope for the golf course

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200501_203958.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	327097

Mt Rainier, Paradise cam a few minutes ago. Earlier imagery showed a party of seven on ski's heading uphill. Only vehicles in the lot were Park Service, not civilians so musta taken the long walk up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtrainier.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	327237  

I saw the assistant golf pro with clubs in his cart on a closed course. Employees maybe.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Possibly the Park Rangers looking things over? Didn't occur to me that there's a small cadre of climbing Rangers that use touring rigs in their line of work. Maybe a sign that MRP restrictions might be loosening before long? Or as wooley observed, employee access.

Did it ever really go away?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_2522.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	327266

Name:	IMG_2529.JPG 
Views:	96