Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2903

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they're be thrilled with what will pretty much just become New California
    Care to list any more inevitabilities?
    Last edited by jackattack; 04-14-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they're be thrilled with what will pretty much just become New California
    California has Redding. Easternwestsiders will fit in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Most Eburgers hit the YakiVegas Costco, but thar's Covid-19 down that way. When MagUni's border goes up, Eburgers will approach the EW Costco via the back door route through Quincy.
    I tell ya, I don't go to Costco so it was quite a shock for me to discover that fact. Then again, I don't go to Eburg much so what do I care? It's been interesting riding-out this pandemic in a county that only has 6 ICU beds (compared to the ones directly to the west that have hundreds which comprise most in the state). Kind of wild to think that in the event I got sick to the point of needing medical attention I'd fare better leaving my own county and heading west towards the hot zone. It's also been kind of wild to see the folks clearly not from central WA coming to Cle Elum for supplies & gas. I'd suspect most of these folks are hunkering-down at their vacation/second residences, but I have to think quite a few are staying at Suncadia and I know, anecdotally, of at least a few driving from as far west as Tacoma just to get some "fresh air" and cheap gas.

Meanwhile along the crest, winter has started its glide into spring

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7V8XmOB.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	325448

Name:	mWrf16I.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	325449

Name:	QogRkmL.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	325451

Don't worry, too much, though - there's still a fat snowpack in the right places

Name:	AO6mWnS.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	325452
    Last edited by pipedream; 04-16-2020 at 12:52 PM.

I love the folks East of the crest who are constantly bitching about taxes, libruls and big government. Most of them couldn’t survive without the help of tax revenue that the West side provides for the whole state. Their entire infrastructure and livelihoods are subsidized. It really is ironic.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Central WA would definitely be a point of contention... lots of revenue generated here and somewhat diverse politically.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    I'm genuinely curious... please educate me more on the revenue sources? I live in the greater Seattle bubble and am admittedly clueless on the fiscal goings on elsewhere in our beautiful state. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Care to list any more inevitabilities?
    The heat death of the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    I'm genuinely curious... please educate me more on the revenue sources? I live in the greater Seattle bubble and am admittedly clueless on the fiscal goings on elsewhere in our beautiful state. thanks
    Info from 2016, but you'll get the idea: https://ofm.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...s_revenues.pdf

Central WA produces most of the renewable energy in the state through dams and wind farms (but sells a large portion of the "green" energy to CA while WA burns coal in Montana to make up for what is sold). Central WA and E WA produce a lot of crops the west side consumes (but still, most crops come from CA). A huge portion of the "revenue" in Central WA is derived from money and people from the west side trickling over the crest to Cle Elum, Wenatchee/Leavenworth, Chelan, Winthrop, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Central WA produces most of the renewable energy in the state through dams and wind farms (but sells a large portion of the "green" energy to CA while WA burns coal in Montana to make up for what is sold). Central WA and E WA produce a lot of crops the west side consumes (but still, most crops come from CA). A huge portion of the "revenue" in Central WA is derived from money and people from the west side trickling over the crest to Cle Elum, Wenatchee/Leavenworth, Chelan, Winthrop, ect.
    This is very insightful

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hops, Yakima hops, fruit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Info from 2016, but you'll get the idea: https://ofm.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...s_revenues.pdf
    That's pretty interesting data. Taking a look at Table 3, you can see that of the 39 counties in Washington, only 11 of them have a revenue surplus. Of the counties with a revenue surplus, only 4 of them are on the east side and that revenue surplus is only $47 million. Meanwhile, King County's surplus is $3.7 billion, which is 10 times larger than the surplus of the other 10 counties with a surplus combined.

I have a bunch of conservative family members who live in rural parts of the state and I frequently hear them complaining about Seattle liberals and how they should split the state up so that they don't have to deal with Seattle's politics. I've always thought that was a pretty ignorant view considering that King County bankrolls all of the services that they receive in those rural counties. It seems pretty obvious from the data that if you peeled King, Pierce and Snohomish counties off into their own state you'd end up with a really wealthy urban state and a bankrupt rural state.

good link^

i hate to imagine the pothole situation

FS spotted giving tickets to folks disregarding the developed use area closure this morning at a certain alpine valley recreation destination in King county. Can't wait to see the posts on TAY later

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    That's pretty interesting data. Taking a look at Table 3, you can see that of the 39 counties in Washington, only 11 of them have a revenue surplus. Of the counties with a revenue surplus, only 4 of them are on the east side and that revenue surplus is only $47 million. Meanwhile, King County's surplus is $3.7 billion, which is 10 times larger than the surplus of the other 10 counties with a surplus combined.

I have a bunch of conservative family members who live in rural parts of the state and I frequently hear them complaining about Seattle liberals and how they should split the state up so that they don't have to deal with Seattle's politics. I've always thought that was a pretty ignorant view considering that King County bankrolls all of the services that they receive in those rural counties. It seems pretty obvious from the data that if you peeled King, Pierce and Snohomish counties off into their own state you'd end up with a really wealthy urban state and a bankrupt rural state.
    For those too lazy to read:

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	325607

Trumpster deplorables would spin those stats. "If we didn't have all of those tree hugging, wolf loving, welfare, nanny state bullshit laws that our taxes pay for we wouldn't need liberal money. Fair is fair."

Just saying.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world

thanks for corroborating my initial suspicion..

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Trumpster deplorables would spin those stats. "If we didn't have all of those tree hugging, wolf loving, welfare, nanny state bullshit laws that our taxes pay for we wouldn't need liberal money. Fair is fair."
    There's definitely 2 sides to every coin, isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    thanks for corroborating my initial suspicion..
    In full disclosure, I don't have any idea how those numbers were calculated. I do wonder how state revenues from timber resources in some of the more rural counties like Cowlitz, Lewis, Grays Harbor, etc are accounted for. One would think that there would be a pretty big surplus from timber, especially in the areas with large state owned timber holdings...

One would think that there would be a pretty big surplus from timber, especially in the areas with large state owned timber holdings...
    Timber funds written off for public education in those areas? Thats atleast how it is around these parts

There's definitely 2 sides to every coin, isn't there?..
    Yep, always. I try to see it to try to get it.

Road will be melted out to Silver soon I'd bet.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    FS spotted giving tickets to folks disregarding the developed use area closure this morning at a certain alpine valley recreation destination in King county. Can't wait to see the posts on TAY later
    What's up with the new TAY layout? The forum admins there have too much hands on their time since they can't ski, so they shelved the tried and true for this new garbage?

I think it's a work in progress with a new admin named Pavel. Hopefully some of the things get tightened up and new members are able to join a lot easier.

You mean the old site layout that has seen trip report numbers drop off a cliff in favor of posting into the black abyss that is the tay fb page or insta? Hmmm I wonder why they are updating the website?

You Windy Hill locals should go get some Jigs...

https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/spo...101945047.html
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

With Inslee saying things will start opening up on May 4, including outdoor recreation, maybe we'll be able to get a limited Cinco. They could follow the Mt. Baldy opening model. Any Pass locals know how the hill is looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    You Windy Hill locals should go get some Jigs...

https://wenatchee.craigslist.org/spo...101945047.html
    Wow. We may have to do that!
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.