Page 88 of 95 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2359
  1. #2176
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    The forest service...https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbs/n...d=FSEPRD717080

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    soooo if we don't park at the TH's... we good?

    I have a letter that sez I'm essential.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  2. #2177
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    21,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    We got a dense one here....
    huh?

    I got in good shape too, touring around the Oberalppass for 7 days...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  3. #2178
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    21,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    soooo if we don't park at the TH's... we good?

    I have a letter that sez I'm essential.
    Izzat because of your essences?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  4. #2179
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    We got a dense one here....

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    We got a smug cunt here


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #2180
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,238
    Eau de COVID
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  6. #2181
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    soooo if we don't park at the TH's... we good?.
    Thatís how I read it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #2182
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Izzat because of your essences?
    Essencelessly I'm chained to the ole'factory. But I'm looking for some wiggle room.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

  8. #2183
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    21,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Essencelessly I'm chained to the ole'factory. But I'm looking for some wiggle room.
    Smells fishy to me; this corvid is nothing to crow about.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  9. #2184
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    We got a smug cunt here


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Smooches!

    It's not my fault your comprehension lacks the complexity to compute that ski areas are on fs land and therefore fs closures would affect ski resorts.

    Why don't we just toe the line here and waive the white flag for this ski season.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  10. #2185
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,635
    Did you say over??? Nothing is over until we say it is!!! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? Hell no!!!

  11. #2186
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lupiter
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Times are super dark right now, it's been 9 years since they were my darkest:
    http://media.nwac.us.s3.amazonaws.co...e_accident.pdf

    RIP Riley. I'm heading out to take a lap for you.
    I've had a dark time like that, unfortunately two. While they weren't snow related (motorcycle), it made the read of the report haunting... PTSD haunting. I'm sorry you had to experience that. Even with more than a decade having passed, the exquisitely detailed thought of it will still just appear at the randomest of times.


    Sent from my SM-G975U using TGR Forums mobile app

  12. #2187
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    3,705
    You should post in more discreet threads.

  13. #2188
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Smooches!

    It's not my fault your comprehension lacks the complexity to compute that ski areas are on fs land and therefore fs closures would affect ski resorts.

    Why don't we just toe the line here and waive the white flag for this ski season.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Noooooo

    Iím never gonna give this up, never gonna let it down, never gonna put my skis down and desert this.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #2189
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post
    Not sure how many folks are familiar with White Pass. But I got to ski the Y Chutes just east of there along Highway 12 on Sunday. Pretty stoked to have snuck this in before the whole stay at home business. Attachment 322060Attachment 322061Attachment 322062Attachment 322063
    As a long time TC resident I'm curious whether you can take the drainage back up to the lot after skiing those, or do you have to partially climb up the steep trees on the way out?

  15. #2190
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wildside
    Posts
    90
    It's about the herd mentality. One person starts skiing and many follow. The approach should be only essential activities regardless of what government says.
    This virus is nasty. Very sick people young and old. Your ski day is not worth someone else's loved one.
    Comparatively, we're handling it well in Washington.
    Peak illness still projected for mid-April so we're only partially into it.
    From a primary care provider, please stay home.

  16. #2191
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdad View Post
    It's about the herd mentality. One person starts skiing and many follow. The approach should be only essential activities regardless of what government says.
    This virus is nasty. Very sick people young and old. Your ski day is not worth someone else's loved one.
    Comparatively, we're handling it well in Washington.
    Peak illness still projected for mid-April so we're only partially into it.
    From a primary care provider, please stay home.
    Don't disagree.

    For many on this website, skiing is considered an essential activity.

    But like I said, I don't disagree with your stance.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  17. #2192
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,774
    I say listen to the fucking med pros. They're going to be as fucked as anyone if we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  18. #2193
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    678
    I'm concerned the virus could not only end this ski season, but next year's as well. The best way to reduce the odds of this happening is to take this shit extremely serious today. Wear a mask everywhere you go. Stay at home as much as you possibly can. If everyone did this for the next two months, this thing would be toast.

  19. #2194
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    7,895
    So, this trailhead is closed now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2261.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	348.5 KB 
ID:	322809
    This was Friday, and I had been skate skiing there for about the last 10 days. Over those 10 days Iíd typically be the only person there. One day there were 3 cars, and yet I didnít see anybody out skiing.
    Road bike from now on, I guess.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  20. #2195
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,633
    I would love to ski this week, but I am not going to. It has nothing to do with what would happen if everything went right. In that case, I would contact no one that I don't live with. I would drive straight to a trail head, ski, then return home.

    However, there is that off chance of getting hurt, breaking down on the side of the road, or whatever other unforeseen things that could bring you into contact with others or at the worst put you in a hospital at a very inopportune time. I know too many people in the medical field to consider screwing around with this right now. It doesn't seem fair to put pressure on the whole situation for no good reason. I've skied a lot in the past, and I can ski plenty more another time when this all over with.

  21. #2196
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    12,245
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  22. #2197
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    198
    Rule breakers!!

  23. #2198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I would love to ski this week, but I am not going to. It has nothing to do with what would happen if everything went right. In that case, I would contact no one that I don't live with. I would drive straight to a trail head, ski, then return home.

    However, there is that off chance of getting hurt, breaking down on the side of the road, or whatever other unforeseen things that could bring you into contact with others or at the worst put you in a hospital at a very inopportune time. I know too many people in the medical field to consider screwing around with this right now. It doesn't seem fair to put pressure on the whole situation for no good reason. I've skied a lot in the past, and I can ski plenty more another time when this all over with.
    ^THIS. This ski season was great. There will be another ski season next year. The medical field needs you to stay home. You aren't stuck at home; you are safe at home.

    You are also making it safe for others who don't have the immune systems you do.

  24. #2199
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    547
    "Good" news, it's been two weeks since the chairs stopped spinning so if I had the fortune of bumping elbows or *gasp* sharing a chair with you this season it wasn't I who exposed you to this new coronavirus. That is not to say that you, nor I, won't get sick, but being asymptomatic for the past 14 days means there's a whole lot fewer of you I need to reach-out to if that changes.
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  25. #2200
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under a bridge in YakTown waiting for the shuttle to Nachos
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    As a long time TC resident I'm curious whether you can take the drainage back up to the lot after skiing those, or do you have to partially climb up the steep trees on the way out?
    A to b makes more sense, that line drops straight down to clear creek which has a road. Skate to end of the road and you are on plowed maintained asphalt.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Patarero; 03-30-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •