Page 75 of 117 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2903
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Looks like the backside of Hyak is now the dedicated touron training park for the remainder of the season
    Is it a closed area? Or is it controlled backbowl open for touring now? Or is it outside the boundary BC?

my wife lost a ski box (yakima) + skis yesterday just short of the pass exit in a weird event. yell at me if you happen to hear any talk on the pass.

??

Gotta hear more about that

hah, i wish i had more info. box was there one minute, box went flying into guardrail. i am a few states away. no one hurt so i’m feeling fortunate. wsdot and state patrol could not locate.

this is my evidence

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8908.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	318053

Damn!

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

I saw a Yakima box wedged under the guardrail in Factoria off i90. Eastbound maybe couple hundred feet past the 405 overpass, center median.

That was Thursday I think so maybe not yours.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Usually I go today, but I'm getting ready for a trip up Sunday. I rather stormride regardless of it being busy, than tomorrow but not much choice in the matter. I'm going to try for Monday as well but I may be hitchhiking on that one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

I was emailing Crystal management asking about their plans for next season to either limit demand, increase resources, or otherwise improve the skier experience. They said that Ikon controls pass sales (i.e. they sell as many as possible), and they have no plans to add resources (or at least none they would share). So if you enjoyed this season's shitshow, have fun next year too, 'cos their message seems to be that they have our money and they couldn't care less about whether or not we like what they are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by ianpnw View Post
    I was emailing Crystal management asking about their plans for next season to either limit demand, increase resources, or otherwise improve the skier experience. They said that Ikon controls pass sales (i.e. they sell as many as possible), and they have no plans to add resources (or at least none they would share). So if you enjoyed this season's shitshow, have fun next year too, 'cos their message seems to be that they have our money and they couldn't care less about whether or not we like what they are offering.
    I hear that Stevens has fixed their parking problems and is nixing the MTB park so they can focus resources on the winter customers experience instead. Plus you get get Whistler on the same ticket. That's your go-to pass next year!

they have our money and they couldn't care less about whether or not we like what they are offering.
    Seriously, you're surprised?

It's like the Mariners providing a consistently, awful product year after year. They're not going to NOT take your season ticket money. You just got to treat Crystal, the way I treat the M's: go to at most three weekday games a year at $15 a ticket or free, bring your own food into the stadium, drink some beers with friends, and head home around the 5th inning after our AAA call up pitcher's gotten his shit lit up.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    ... and is nixing the MTB park...
    Source?
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

I hear that Stevens has fixed their parking problems and is nixing the MTB park so they can focus resources on the winter customers experience instead. Plus you get get Whistler on the same ticket. That's your go-to pass next year!
    Any actual reports that they're scrapping lift serve mtb? Pretty lame if so. At least snoq is in the process of starting a park.

No surprise.
    I'm phrasing it as an abuse of the Public Trust: knowingly selling more lift tickets than they can service on public lands.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    my wife lost a ski box (yakima) + skis yesterday just short of the pass exit in a weird event. yell at me if you happen to hear any talk on the pass.
    I will keep my eyes pealed and my ears perked.

Alpy was pretty Ikonic today.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    dang, that sucks

(...also trying to picture what your avatar's wife would look like...)

Caligrown - nice try

F=ma - not at all surprised. I could do as you suggest, but Crystal has been my home mountain for 30 years and I’m mad that their current (mis)management leads me to spend more time in traffic, restroom lines, food lines, lift lines etc than I have in the past - and they don’t care

Buster - I’m agree with you. It’s a breach of public trust, and it’s a breach of the expected duty to a customer. I pay for a good or an experience, and I expect to receive it. The question is, what to do? My email was a pinprick. How many emails will it take to encourage them to provide the experience we are paying for....

Skied well but the lines were long at Alpy today. Was weird. The "stashes" got skied out quick, and some of the areas that normally get skied quick lasted a while. 3rd Lap of the day and a 5 minute hike netted me this:

Skied well but the lines were long at Alpy today. Was weird. The "stashes" got skied out quick, and some of the areas that normally get skied quick lasted a while. 3rd Lap of the day and a 5 minute hike netted me this:

Nice! Was a great day. Lines were what I expected for a powder day during lessons. I talked to a few Crystal powder chasers on Ikons who were enticed by Alpys higher reported snow total.

My last run of the day
    https://youtu.be/2JBlDfJxNBI

My YouTube submission of the day...
    CG that line is a lot of fun at night. Looks like you were the first one through, fun pitch.... Shh let's keep it on the DL

Good day today... Bring on tmrw

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Buster - I’m agree with you. It’s a breach of public trust, and it’s a breach of the expected duty to a customer. I pay for a good or an experience, and I expect to receive it. The question is, what to do? My email was a pinprick. How many emails will it take to encourage them to provide the experience we are paying for....
    Try your congressional rep or even Senator, most of the FS won't care since they're hoping for or using revolving doors in the forest industries and won't sully their chances.

Can you send/PM/publish the response you received from Alterra?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Welp, the boys are off getting shifted & lifted on the hardpack of Silver Fir(m). Leaves me one thing to do: get super stoned and bag first chair again tomorrow morning

Crystal today was 5" of great snow on absolutely terrible refrozen underlayment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200229_121349.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	318196

Snoqualmie just posted video of the helicopter cornice work on Instagram. Looks dope.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9LNrGsh...d=gjbj7lsdb4uj

Another great day at 5420 k-cdn.com/20200301/22732910b1854011b517e70f61136ebb.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk