Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2903
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Who's all in N Idaho?
    TAFKALVS & 2FUNKY, IIRC. PM em if they don't chime in here

Who's all in N Idaho? Hooking up with friends who rented a house on Lake Coeur d'Alene Monday (or Tuesday). Any locals want to show me
    around and make some turns? Most of the peeps I'm staying with are content to make turns on blue groomers all day. I need to explore more and will be at Schweitzer and Silver thru Friday or Sat.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...69#post5879269

be advised swizz off piste is currently bullet proof
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Not the best setup for new snow coming in this week (?).....and the snow level seems to be up to its PNW tricks later this week.

Hello All,

I am a seattle area noob. I am looking to head up for some night skiing tomorrow evening. Leaving from Bellevue after taking off from work a tad bit early. A few questions:

* Is Alpental pretty much my best option from a night terraing perspective? (Summit Central and Silver fir the other options)
    * 2 inches last night, another few before tomorrow eve. Will conditions be ok if that occurs, or dust on crust?
    * Dumping tomorrow night. I hear the pass closes. Do folks get stuck up there, or do they shuttle folks on the mountain down during closures?
    * Anyone headed up for some night skiing tomorrow, would love to not ride solo. PM if interested in showing me what's up with Alpental at nights!

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    Thx 4 the Intel. On my way to Dover Id

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    So leave the AK-47 at home, check.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Thx 4 the Intel. On my way to Dover Id
    should improve later this week, I might be down for a few schwizz laps Wednesday or Thursday morn

Forecast looks solid for later in the week with 15” wed-fri. I’ll be at at Silver sat-sun.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Hello All,

I am a seattle area noob. I am looking to head up for some night skiing tomorrow evening. Leaving from Bellevue after taking off from work a tad bit early. A few questions:

* Is Alpental pretty much my best option from a night terraing perspective? (Summit Central and Silver fir the other options)
    * 2 inches last night, another few before tomorrow eve. Will conditions be ok if that occurs, or dust on crust?
    * Dumping tomorrow night. I hear the pass closes. Do folks get stuck up there, or do they shuttle folks on the mountain down during closures?
    * Anyone headed up for some night skiing tomorrow, would love to not ride solo. PM if interested in showing me what's up with Alpental at nights!
    * On a Tuesday, yes
    * Maybe - yesterday was dust on death crust, last night's snow was more of the same, it's gonna be a little warmer and heavier tomorrow but by no means spackle unless the wind changes direction (NW -> SW, weird) earlier than forecasted
    * It depends. If there's a tangled mess of semis blocking the highway, you're waiting. If it's avalanche-danger related, they might do control and get it flowing. If it's too dangerous to go out on a control mission, you might be stuck overnight. It's never a bad idea to pack a sleeping bag on a stormy night
    * Depends on how much I can get done, but I'm down to spin some laps as long as you're willing to hang with a sideways slider and wait while I strap-in

So are we just ignoring yesterday's Epic Vailure of 7th Heaven @ the Hi2 or...

ICYMI: https://liftblog.com/2020/02/02/stev...ower-incident/

Do you get any vouchers for having to be evac'ed from a lift? like do you get your day ticket comped, or $10 voucher at the cafeteria? Or a sweet sticker for each lift you've been lowered off of?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Do you get any vouchers for having to be evac'ed from a lift? like do you get your day ticket comped, or $10 voucher at the cafeteria? Or a sweet sticker for each lift you've been lowered off of?
    I hope but you’d probably have to bitch to get something, they probably aren’t taking names and offering prizes as they lower you down. If I bought a day pass and was stuck on the lift for 2.5 hrs I’d be at guest services (after I’m done skiing for the day)trying to get something.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

When I got stuck on a chair for an hour at Whistler (1st year of Vail), they gave me a $20 voucher. I'd be shocked if they aren't doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    I haven't seen this much excitement about 4" in a long time.
    I'm always surprised at the enthusiasm I get about 4".
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Boing

especially when it's soft

Zing...

Good day in the trespassing zone with mofro, papa z and a few local gemsAttachment 313781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200203_113810.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	313782

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    should improve later this week, I might be down for a few schwizz laps Wednesday or Thursday morn
    That should work. Hopefully going to Silver Tuesday then Schweitzer Wed and or Thursday and or Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Forecast looks solid for later in the week with 15” wed-fri. I’ll be at at Silver sat-sun.
    Dang, gonna be on the road Friday or Saturday. If the forecast is much at Brundage, I'm heading South and using my Meadows pass for free tickets

Theres some low land snow flurries happening right now in the Maple Valley area. Kids are enjoying it.

I should be heading up to the big umbrella on Thursday, there is a midweek bus from kent/maple valley to Crystal.

Im waiting for starline to refund two of my previous tickets, and will buy a ticket for Saturday and possibly Sunday as well. Most/all bus services will stop by early March so i have to squeeze in as much time as I can. Ive had a heck of a season so far, and Ive tuned and waxed all of my skis. Im probably going to remount my daily driver as im not digging its park oriented placement. I love everything else about them but that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Im hoping the upper mountain it will be loaded with a few inches of fresh shmoo, with fat wet flakes blinding me. Today or tomorrow would have been a better choice Ill admit, but at this point I need to really pick up my number of days this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Im hoping the upper mountain it will be loaded with a few inches of fresh shmoo, with fat wet flakes blinding me. Today or tomorrow would have been a better choice Ill admit, but at this point I gotta feed the monkey, man. I mean, uh...

FIFY

Fun afternoon of skiing with Honey at the Abies amabilis lift. Puking pow all afternoon @ 1"/hour rate. I would recommend heading up to the pass for night skiing tonight but for the risk that the highway closure may last awhile. Goddam shame that another snow level spike is headed our way. I plan to hit Passo Blanco first thing tomorrow AM for a couple hours of pow before the rain hits.