Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2761
  1. #2626
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Zbo want fewer gapers in his skintrack
    I'm buying a pass yo! Fuck a skin track. Its about to be a locals only season on the lifts. Viva la Nina!

    Also buying a pass in case parking becomes privatized. Which I totally hope it does.


    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Until he realizes heís just excluded himself.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Doubtful. My game runs deep. Do you think they would ever ban the co-leader of the branch covidians?

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  3. #2628
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Puget Oceania
    Posts
    470
    Soup is OUT... Fish and chips are IN!
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018
    Ow! My Balls!

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Snorting elk bridge works too.
    of course, that's the only continuous ski route to B-lot... but they graveled the slope between A and B lots, by the shit plant
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,045
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the cat road back behind elk that goes to maintenance area in B lot. Also often full of gravel. I don't think they intentionally gravel that road though, it just doesn't get enough snow and the cats pull it up. I'm an upper C guy myself so don't go to that side too often.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    of course, that's the only continuous ski route to B-lot... but they graveled the slope between A and B lots, by the shit plant
    You can ski through the maintenance area to lot B
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,589
    I should've said "semi reliably continuous" re cat gravel like mr snob saez

    whatever

    I wonder how Dweebus will be this year. Might be alright for the weekday select. Djongo made a point on the tetons thread.... the virus has forced resort mgmt to confront the problem of Ikonik crowding, self inflicted
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    1,045
    With the border staying closed, and Bachelor now on Ikon, I'm afraid everyone in the Seattle area will chose Ikon/Crystal/Alpy/Bachelor over Epic/Stevens. Maybe I'll just defer my Ikon pass this year and go to White Pass instead.

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I should've said "semi reliably continuous" re cat gravel like mr snob saez

    whatever

    I wonder how Dweebus will be this year. Might be alright for the weekday select. Djongo made a point on the tetons thread.... the virus has forced resort mgmt to confront the problem of Ikonik crowding, self inflicted
    In really good conditions there's a way to ski to lower end of B lot too.

    You should try skiing there more.

    And less Dweebus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    588
    Air quality blows but the mtns are, once again, lonely. Fine by me in my goggles & N95...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MizrTpr.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	340249

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qf4naa0.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	340250

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IaHqJji.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	340251

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZL02OK3.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	340252

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bCNIuN2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	519.7 KB 
ID:	340248
    Last edited by pipedream; 09-15-2020 at 01:23 AM.
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    In really good conditions there's a way to ski to lower end of B lot too.

    You should try skiing there more.

    And less Dweebus.

    The cut/skate through employee housing? Or the cedar bash drop off the traverse?

    Look man, I love the mountain and have many great mammaries from my short few years there. I just find it quirky and prone to over-marketing, with a big city clientele peppered sparsely with core loc-dogs. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad I got to know the place in the Kircher era pre-Ikon. At least he kept the road plowed.

    I'll try to make it up there this year and would enjoy sharing some turns if you got the time.
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    6,654
    If I'm still in WA this winter, I went with Ikon and Alpy passes. Planning to take a bunch of Tuesdays or Wednesdays off in January/February to get some midweek Crustal days in.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Are you going to pay that racket, B? You can ski to B-lot yanno... wait... at least you could before they started putting up barricades and gravelling the ski path.
    Been transferring my ppass the last few years; now that our kids are grown and don't ski with me, it's better for other people with kids to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Snorting elk bridge works too.
    The main barricade is below the bridge above the sanibuilding, so the bridge doesn't help. I ski around the barricades.

    I've stopped writing the suggestion of a chair from B lot; Crustal mgmt doesn't care given the captive audience and their rampant unchecked abuse of the public trust.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,059
    I want to know WTF 'prioritize pass holders' means and what is a 'super senior' pass. Will have some impact on decisions about parking pass.
    Last edited by oftpiste; 09-16-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I want to know WTF 'prioritize pass holders' means and what is a 'super senior' pass. Will have some impact on decisions about parking pass decisions.
    Have you seen anything about parking passes yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  16. #2641
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Have you seen anything about parking passes yet?
    you didn't get the emails?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  17. #2642
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    31,379
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    you didn't get the emails?
    Mrs Brit just found the email explaining they'd fucked up emailing everyone 1st time round and that they were now trying it again* and that soon they would be emailing about the 72 hour window to renew.

    It's going to grate.

    But I'm saving a fortune not paying for parking in the city at the moment and probably will continue doing so through all next ski season.

    * which inspires tech confidence in their running a reservation system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  18. #2643
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,059
    The first one was pretty funny. It was clearly copied from a group-think document, complete with edits and deletions marked in red type. Indeed, not terribly confidence inspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  19. #2644
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    X=Z-BO
    Posts
    3,280
    The system is a game. Go against the grain and use it to your benefit. This is going to be the best lift riding season in decades. Grab a face mask and shred.

    Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

  20. #2645
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Grab a face mask and shred.
    How has Dakine or another accessory company not come out with an balaclava or buff with N95filter built in? Or at least marketed a covid-specific buff/blaclava?

    Anyways, i bet there is at least 2 physical altercations in the lift lines each weekend day because of (non)mask wearing folks vs folks who want them masking up. I work on the peripheries of the construction industry and what i have experienced is that it is really random who is pro vs anti mask. Folks id have bet $100 on being anti mask are outspoken about wearing masks and taking it super seriously, and others id have bet would be pro-mask are really flippant and dismissive about their use. I see lots of conflict in lift lines, and on lifts. I might keep an aerosol bottle of lysol in my jacket and start spraying around me if folks are flaunting the rules in a douchy manner... fight stupid douches, with stupid douchiness ya know?

    Anyways, i hope lots of people are discouraged from riding lifts this year and leaves the goods for me and mine.

  21. #2646
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How has Dakine or another accessory company not come out with an balaclava or buff with N95filter built in? Or at least marketed a covid-specific buff/blaclava?

    Anyways, i bet there is at least 2 physical altercations in the lift lines each weekend day because of (non)mask wearing folks vs folks who want them masking up. I work on the peripheries of the construction industry and what i have experienced is that it is really random who is pro vs anti mask. Folks id have bet $100 on being anti mask are outspoken about wearing masks and taking it super seriously, and others id have bet would be pro-mask are really flippant and dismissive about their use. I see lots of conflict in lift lines, and on lifts. I might keep an aerosol bottle of lysol in my jacket and start spraying around me if folks are flaunting the rules in a douchy manner... fight stupid douches, with stupid douchiness ya know?

    Anyways, i hope lots of people are discouraged from riding lifts this year and leaves the goods for me and mine.
    1. It's hard to define a material that reduces transmission risk when the design of the covering itself is part of the problem. Some research suggesting gaiter-style coverings increase transmission, although unclear if they controlled for material type. Also, there's zero incentive for mfg's to produce a new product when existing products satisfy current covering requirements.

    2. Open bike parks this summer were pretty good about requiring masks for lift-served.

    3. Agree there will be much pass-pulling (hopefully bans) for mouth breathers convinced they're above the rules or antagonistic towards them. Airlines have been setting great precedent for this. Will definitely have some popcorn ready...

  22. #2647
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Highyak
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How has Dakine or another accessory company not come out with an balaclava or buff with N95filter built in? Or at least marketed a covid-specific buff/blaclava?
    Um, they have? Outdoor Research gave a box of these to The Summit for the summer crew and the employees love 'em. They're just as effective as N95, more comfortable than a paper mask and you can re-up on filters, 3 at a time. Filter changes are recommended every 40-55 hours of use. I suspect these will be standard-issue for employees this winter as part of their uniforms.
    "Pay your nickel and take your chances"
    "they don't groom Alpental, they just move shit around."

  23. #2648
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,380
    Thatís nice and all but a cloth mask even with an n95 type filter inside is not N95 protection.

    A proper N95 mask is fitted to your face and has a seal around your face and nose.

    Not that I care. Iíll be likely using a paper disposable mask or a balaclava.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #2649
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    That’s nice and all but a cloth mask even with an n95 type filter inside is not N95 protection.

    A proper N95 mask is fitted to your face and has a seal around your face and nose.

    Not that I care. I’ll be likely using a paper disposable mask or a balaclava.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ruroc is the answer....

  25. #2650
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,615
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Um, they have? Outdoor Research gave a box of these to The Summit for the summer crew and the employees love 'em
    We got them, too, and they are by far the most comfortable mask I've tried. According to the OR rep, sales have been through the roof this summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •