Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2903
    Closures usually are due to crashes on the highway. In big storms, they'll close for avalanche control in the section you're talking about occasionally, but less than Stevens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F15FCA7B-751E-4504-933E-BE5B65122352.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	336736

Historically most avalanche closures have been westbound. The 20 million year improvement project west of the pass has really reduced avalanche closures.

37F this morning at the top of chair 2. Like it or not, winter is coming...

Reservations only if they open at all is what I’ve heard.

Have until 12/10 to decide to defer your pass to 21/22 season.

Tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got a source for that? Not that I doubt it. Fack

Snow in the PNW 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Got a source for that? Not that I doubt it. Fack
    Random conversation with a Summit employee on the management team.

Still a “rumor” i guess, but seems likely unless something miraculous happens between now and then.

He also said if they do open the earliest would be January.

Again, still rumors but I’m sure there are some on this board that know more.

Also this. https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/seaso...nter-assurance

Missed that they suspended season pass sales back in July. Not sure if I am glad I bought mine early or not - crossing fingers.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/season-passes

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Missed that they suspended season pass sales back in July. Not sure if I am glad I bought mine early or not - crossing fingers.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/season-passes
    Eh, you can always cancel. As a brownbagging season pass holder for the past 5 years i'm kind of OK if this is the year they finally make money off me. No exaggeration ive probably spent less than $20 for Summit food/drink over that time (though, quite a bit more at Dru Bru).

One thing that i do think would be cool is if they closed parking access at ALL alpental lots (or at least lot 4) to everyone except except day ticket or season pass holders. That way, i could still get some benefit out of my season pass even on the days i didnt get picked for lift access with the assumed reservation system.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Eh, you can always cancel. As a brownbagging season pass holder for the past 5 years i'm kind of OK if this is the year they finally make money off me. No exaggeration ive probably spent less than $20 for Summit food/drink over that time (though, quite a bit more at Dru Bru).

One thing that i do think would be cool is if they closed parking access at ALL alpental lots (or at least lot 4) to everyone except except day ticket or season pass holders. That way, i could still get some benefit out of my season pass even on the days i didnt get picked for lift access with the assumed reservation system.
    What do mean cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    What do mean cancel?

My bad, i mean "defer" to the next season. I was going to get a pass in 21/22 anyways so for me i could effectively cancel this years pass by Dec 10th if i wanted to. If things look bad this year, i might just get a midweek pass next year and take the remaining credit in the form of a gift card. Also, something to note: Summit has the 105 day garauntee... There is no mention of a reservation system so the buyer would rightfully assume that they would have access to at least 105 days of skiing and i would think should get the 105 day discount if the reservation system doesnt allow them 105 days of skiing.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/seaso...nter-assurance

My bad, i mean "defer" to the next season. I was going to get a pass in 21/22 anyways so for me i could effectively cancel this years pass by Dec 10th if i wanted to. If things look bad this year, i might just get a midweek pass next year and take the remaining credit in the form of a gift card. Also, something to note: Summit has the 105 day garauntee... There is no mention of a reservation system so the buyer would rightfully assume that they would have access to at least 105 days of skiing and i would think should get the 105 day discount if the reservation system doesnt allow them 105 days of skiing.

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/seaso...nter-assurance
    Yea. That’s where I’m confused. How can they guarantee 105 days of access under a reservation system? Or will they just say “hey, we were open 105 days, sorry you couldn’t reserve more time, we met the guarantee”

Hope we can get more clarity before 12/10 so we can make a decision.

Hope we can get more clarity before 12/10 so we can make a decision.
    So do the employees.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    So do the employees.
    I had a conversation with a pass employee a few weeks ago who should have some good insight on the situation. I was told that they're working on estimating how big the crowds will be based on the number of passes already sold. From there they will likely open up season pass sales again for a limited time. It may be weekday only passes on sale. After that, they will most likely only do pre-sales for non pass holders so that they can control crowd sizes. There was no mention about requiring pass holders to make reservations in advance.

Of course, who really knows what the future holds.

Wolverines! Keep your eyes peeled while skinning up Rainier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wolverine...222343958.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

As the gubmint continues to keep me fed and housed, I figure if this season requires reservations I'll defer to next year and just work for the hill. Employees don't need reservations, it's called being scheduled. Just gotta land one of those jobs that gets you outside on the good days and lets you stay indoors when it rains. Or maybe the reverse of that, idk

I just hope they keep night skiing going. Best time for social distance.

Mt Baker have announced some details for the winter, including an extended season

https://readymag.com/mtbakerskiarea/2110311/

Quote Originally Posted by Darra View Post
    Mt Baker have announced some details for the winter, including an extended season

https://readymag.com/mtbakerskiarea/2110311/
    I hope Snoqualmie follows the rule that only passholders and day ticket holders can park in the lots. It seemed like half of Lot 4 was becoming snow shoe parking.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I hope Snoqualmie follows the rule that only passholders and day ticket holders can park in the lots. It seemed like half of Lot 4 was becoming snow shoe parking.
    Seems like? It totally was.

Seems like? It totally was.

Will be 10x worse this year once all the covid hikers pick up rental snowshoes from REI

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Wolverines! Keep your eyes peeled while skinning up Rainier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wolverine...222343958.html
    Someone got footage of one on a game camera between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass recently.

There was one near Long Beach this spring too.
    https://tdn.com/news/local/once-in-a...058936a45.html

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    May be old news by now... Summit published an update for winter operations last week... doesn't answer all questions but helps paint a better picture of what can be expected.
    "We do not plan to limit access for passholders or implement a reservation system at this time. However, several crowd reduction tactics are being explored should the need arise for greater restriction on peak days. "

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/summi...2020-21-update

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    May be old news by now... Summit published an update for winter operations last week... doesn't answer all questions but helps paint a better picture of what can be expected.
    "We do not plan to limit access for passholders or implement a reservation system at this time. However, several crowd reduction tactics are being explored should the need arise for greater restriction on peak days. "

https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/summi...2020-21-update
    I bet a reservation system will be put into place, and i hope that priority goes to passholders based on consecutive years holding a pass, and how early they renewed their pass for this year... in that order.
    And i also wish they would require a season pass or day ticket reservation to park in Lot 4 ... and they aggressively enforce the parking.

Just writing my xmas wishlist early i guess.

I bet a reservation system will be put into place, and i hope that priority goes to passholders based on consecutive years holding a pass.
    Nice thought, but way too complicated.

Suppose you reserve a spot based on your "considerable" tenure there. Bouncing someone with even fewer years from their spot.

Then someone with a year more than you tries to book. You get bounced? Then someone with another year books and bounces him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........