Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canuckistanians Take Note - Border Crossing Danger

Pot use admission at U.S. border snagging Canadian boomers, says lawyer

VICTORIA — Canadians wanting to cross the U.S. border are being asked different marijuana questions than they were before cannabis was legal, says an American immigration lawyer who represents numerous aging baby boomers denied entry to America for past pot use.

https://cannabis.wiki/politics/pot-u...rs-says-lawyer

I think I would just say No

Yeah so just because MJ is now legal in Canada all that means is you won't get busted by the federales for possesion BUT in industry guys who go out on a job are still having to do the piss test so I was told last week by the company I do a little contracting for, it sounds like some of our guys got tagged

When I crossed the border last month I grew my hair the same, grew the same facial hair as on the passport and so did the guy who drove all our bikes to Vegas, full body scans for everyone at the airport nowdays ... i don't want any problems
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It seems, around Tahoe, nobody piss tests you unless you get injured. When I worked in the carpenters union at squaw, boss said if they piss tested, nothing would ever get built.

No reason that I can see to answer yes unless you have a conviction. Otherwise how could an border officer know you're lying?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    No reason that I can see to answer yes unless you have a conviction. Otherwise how could an border officer know you're lying?
    never been arrested or even got religion ... clean record eh

that guy in the link has to tell you not to lie but really I think he expects you to read between the lines

What if a possesion charge , say 35 yrs ago , and then a pardon? Asking for a friend

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Is there Expungement in Canada?

I think pardons are called record suspensions now. Theyre not shared with businesses and agencies. I guess the question is how far do big bros tentacles reach

Damn. And we just legalized edibles too. Federally.
    Fuck.

This is one of those questions they ask specifically to rile people up and get them flustered.

It's just a variant on the firearms question I seem to get 2/3 of the time I enter Canada. They don't ask if I have any firearms/weapons on me, they ask "when was the last time you transported any firearms or munitions in this vehicle?"

It's perfectly reasonable to wish to respond to that question with a "it's none of your goddamn business, I don't have any with me now and that's all that's germane" but that's what they want you to say. Just be cool, man. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    What if a possesion charge , say 35 yrs ago , and then a pardon? Asking for a friend

From 35 years ago is before they put everything in data storage, so don't sweat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This is one of those questions they ask specifically to rile people up and get them flustered.

It's just a variant on the firearms question I seem to get 2/3 of the time I enter Canada. They don't ask if I have any firearms/weapons on me, they ask "when was the last time you transported any firearms or munitions in this vehicle?"

It's perfectly reasonable to wish to respond to that question with a "it's none of your goddamn business, I don't have any with me now and that's all that's germane" but that's what they want you to say. Just be cool, man. Haha.
    you would be suprised how many people living in the gun culture forget about guns in their vehical until they are asked

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    From 35 years ago is before they put everything in data storage, so don't sweat it.
    Ah, the good old days.

Yeah, uh, I graduated from.....Princeton. yeah, that's the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you would be suprised how many people living in the gun culture forget about guns in their vehical until they are asked
    How about those stories you used to hear, not so much anymore, about guns in carry ons. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That makes sense. A bit stressful trying to cross though

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How about those stories you used to hear, not so much anymore, about guns in carry ons. Whoops.
    I believe you can also get in poo for mistakenly bringing the ammo across the line even without the gun which is not a stretch in a great big fucking motor home with lots of nooks and crannies

Yay Utah!

https://ksltv.com/423179/salt-lake-c...in-7-days/amp/

If you really want some material for the next shit-on-Utah thread, read the comments (this is pretty much the case for any KSL article)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

apparently it was cheaper for us to fly into Vegas, also cheaper to rent the 15 passenger and then drive to Moab than fly into Utah

why just shit on Utah ?

when one can shit on the whole country ?

I have a friend who got caught doing this. He totally forgot about it.

Kicker: he's a professional pilot.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Pot use admission at U.S. border snagging Canadian boomers, says lawyer

VICTORIA — Canadians wanting to cross the U.S. border are being asked different marijuana questions than they were before cannabis was legal, says an American immigration lawyer who represents numerous aging baby boomers denied entry to America for past pot use.

https://cannabis.wiki/politics/pot-u...rs-says-lawyer
    We tell our Canadian customers to just tell the TSA rubes they are coming to Bend for brewery tours, and to maintain a blank look if cannabis is mentioned. And leave their business cards at home

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Yay Utah!

https://ksltv.com/423179/salt-lake-c...in-7-days/amp/

If you really want some material for the next shit-on-Utah thread, read the comments (this is pretty much the case for any KSL article)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    For some reason I can't see comments, but, a browse through today's headlines and important stories just confirms my decision to never live in SLC.

Stick to the three D's of border crossing and marriage.

Deny, deny, deny

Besides ski hills, San Fran, San Diego, grand canyon, northern Cali, Florida beaches, all the mountain ranges, Lake George, New Orleans, NYC, burning man and Alaska really whats there to see ?

Did I miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Besides ski hills, San Fran, San Diego, grand canyon, northern Cali, Florida beaches, all the mountain ranges, Lake George, New Orleans, NYC, burning man and Alaska really whats there to see ?

Did I miss something ?
    Lake George made your list?